Dallas is forcing clubs to close at 2am now

Thursday, January 27, 2022 4:29 AM
[view link] Ugh, that sucks for the BYOB clubs. Hopefully the customers there just simply adjust and deal with it. 😞

15 comments

"... Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia convinced council members that reduced hours should cut down on violent crime. He said 76 percent of violent crime is happening from 2-6 a.m.- and is likely tied to the clubs ..." That's probably bullshit - criminals and gang members operate at night - although there is always gonna be some crime associated with strip clubs; I doubt closing them is gonna have any significant reduction in crime. IMO forcing everyone to leave at the same time vs throughout the night may actually cause more issues.
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
Most places I go seems to be 2 for alcohol. Only place off the top of my head that’s go past that is here in NY to 4. 2 feels really early to me
Muddy
2 years ago
That's going to be a real killer for the byob nude clubs. As anyone who is familiar with Dallas knows, 2 - 4 is probably their busiest window, with guys migrating from the topless clubs (which have always closed at 2:00) over to the nude clubs between midnight and 2:00 am. I suspect this will put a couple of the weaker nude clubs out of business.
rickdugan
2 years ago
I've seen what Rick describes happen to regular bars. They changed the regulation in one small area of a town I lived in many years ago. That small area had a local ordinance that allowed it's bars to stay open till 6, while neighboring bars closed at 2. Those two little bars were dead at midnight, but packed by 2:30. Within a few months one closed, the other owners had another place that helped keep them afloat longer but it closed too. The town declared victory, then maybe two or three years later they were all bitching about the homeless in those abandoned buildings and all the prostitution and drug activity from sun down to sun up. They had some mom on the news showing how there were used condoms all in the street between her house and her kids bus stop, some owner of a neighboring business was all pissed off about how people would shit in his parking lot.
Dolfan
2 years ago
These laws are meant to make roads safer. Keep drunk drivers off the streets by morning rush hour. If businesses can't adapt fuck them.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Tx women are just being smacked by laws that affect their business.
NinaBambina
2 years ago
We have some places in San Jose that have rules like that, and not just for strip clubs, for everything, like Viet Coffee. LE is convinced that it lowers crime rates. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
They feel that it lowers the crime rate because it works like a curfew. San Jose is pretty much under martial law. LE started learning the legal ways to do this in the 1980's. They quickly found that the Warren Court reforms could be gotten around, and that the Constitutional Due Process Protections could too. So after the curfew, parking lots are empty and there are no people around. San Jose does have a very low crime for a city of its size. The way around this is the Private Party or Membership Club model. But I would still say that you need to find a knowledgeable lawyer. SJG Clapton, Beware of Darkness [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
If one is afraid of drunk drivers they can stay home and pee in their bed like Icey the afraid of everything sissy.
skibum609
2 years ago
If they are trying to stop ppl from drunk driving in morning rush hour why not 4am? Or don’t close at all? That is a very lame explanation and most likely a false one.
2 years ago
If they just made it 1:59 AM they could cut down on the 2AMers.
drewcareypnw
2 years ago
I don't really see what the downside is for me personally. Night shift girls who work super late now have to work earlier. And who cares if club owners make a few less bucks off selling bottle service at 3am.
PaulDrake
2 years ago
Let’s just call this what it is. Communities want to ban strip clubs and the pandemic has given them an opportunity to do so. I lot of thing are going to look different in the next 5 years. Changes are slow, but when you look over a span of 5 years you’re like “damn.” Strip clubs are dying in certain parts of the county, thanks to local municipalities not because customers are not going.
shailynn
2 years ago
623 cutting down drunks on roads during morning rush hour is the premise behind last call. It makes roads safer. First your bitch ass gets butthurt by my review now you post nonsense here 🤡
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Private Party / Membership Club model is the way to get around this, and get Tijuana quality throughout the US. SJG Beyonce Sweet Dreams [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion