Cab/Uber fare

Thursday, February 3, 2022 1:42 AM
Anyone know how much I can expect to pay for a cab/uber from the TJ airport to HK?

11 comments

I took a cab once from the otay border crossing to hong kong for about $10 US.
Jascoi
2 years ago
Cab fare is US$20 and you can find them easily by turning right when you leave the terminal and walking to the end of the building. Haven't taken an Uber from there but I expect it'll be cheaper. It's about a 15 minute ride to HK in typical traffic.
booji boy
2 years ago
Uber has a fare-estimator on its website; not sure if it works for MX? Just Google "Uber fare estimator". I don't have any experience w/ either in MX but I'd assume Uber is safer w.r.t. not getting ripped-off - I've heard stories of tourists in Mexico getting "gringo priced" where the cabby will demand an outrageous tip once you get to the destination. I was watching a YouTube vid about this a while back were an American couple got to the airport - they were immediately approached by someone that seemed "official" that had an "official looking" clipboard with prices and shit - they were hurried into a cab - they got to their destination and the cabby was asking for an outrageous tip like $200 - they refused to tip him but couldn't actually get out of the cab b/c the doors didn't work (on purpose) - luckily they were a young American couple that had actually been living in MX for a while and knew some Spanish and were used to dealing w/ Mexican Gringo scams and they stood their ground and didn't pay the extortion demand but the cabby kept trying to intimidate them into paying and one would think a lot of tourists probably pay-up to get out of the situation.
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
I’ve heard stories like this from New York City as well
2 years ago
If you need a safe cab, call or text my trusted TJ cabbies: HK cab +526647437777 8am-8pm CC cab +526643370330 8pm-8am They speak English, PM me for their names.
TJ Walker
2 years ago
@Papi_Chulo: There is no supply-side shortage of stupid people... I've seen that scam first-hand at almost every airport I've ever been to in the world. All five airports in MX that I've been to (including TIJ) have signs for the official taxi starters in Spanish and English and the Spanish word for taxi is... taxi. There are also people who work there who will gladly tell you where to find them. :-) The fare I quoted above is a flat fare that I get quoted every time I fly in to TIJ, just like the "standard" US$5 fare you get from PedEast or PedWest. The TIJ terminal is a relatively small building so the real taxi stand is pretty obvious and a short walk from the doors.
booji boy
2 years ago
@Jascoi damn gotta love that conversion rate. Do you tip since it's so cheap? And is it better in dollars or pesos?
Tiburon
2 years ago
Thanks Gents!
devl_dawgg
2 years ago
Flying into TJ ? What airlines to into TJ ? I always fly to San Diego and take the trolley.
Warrior15
2 years ago
The US airlines don't fly there but all the MX airlines do and the fares are cheap... if you're going somewhere else in the country you can usually work out a side trip to TJ for $100 or less.
booji boy
2 years ago
The only time I would consider giving the driver a tip would be if the trip was really fun and interesting.
Jascoi
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion