Baltimore officials try again to shut down longtime strip club

Wednesday, February 9, 2022 11:49 AM

12 comments

With crime increasing all over the country due to failed government policies including "Defund the Police", the politicians are now looking towards low hanging fruit to show that they are trying to do something about it. Can't wait until November!
shadowcat
2 years ago
The Block has been around forever but stopped being interesting to me more than a decade ago. I know we have some members who are fans of the Block and whatever club ‘Rob’ herds his flock of girls to. I’m too good for the Block. I like a dive, but it’s seedy and it is dangerous. Hustler used to be the one exception with two floors, 30 foot poles and 7Up dancers, often supplemented by travel dancers. There might be 100 girls on a weekend night when the Ravens were playing. Now? It’s a shell. I have no idea how they hang on. Baltimore might benefit from some closings and consolidation of the club industry. A lot of the clubs are empty compared to a decade ago, but the competition of oversupply hasn’t stopped them from raising prices. We could be better off with lesser, but more competitive clubs. If they manage to shut it down I won’t miss the Block.
Hank Moody
2 years ago
Seeing the government close another club is never good, even when it's one that you don't like. It's just one step closer to local governments stamping clubs out altogether and provides a roadmap for others to follow.
rickdugan
2 years ago
Rick, I agree with you generally on this point. This market needs a shakeup though. I don’t know if closing the Block would be a cure but it could consolidate talent. Just hoping for a silver lining to a situation over which I have no control.
Hank Moody
2 years ago
"... Liberals and taxes don't mix ..." Taxes (and laws) for thee but not for me
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
I have a question for someone with local Baltimore knowledge. I gather "The Block" refers to a city block in which strip clubs are concentrated. (1) Is the concentration causing the problem? (2) Did the law enforcement and public morals types force them to concentrate? (You can see where I'm headed with this.)
From978
2 years ago
My one experience was at the Hustler club about 15 years ago. It was really great. Very hot women and a wild time. Sorry to hear it declined. Block seemed pretty sleazy even back then. Cops all over the place. Funny part me and my likewise drunk and oblivious friends walked back to our hotel at closing time. There’s safety in numbers.
Studme53
2 years ago
===> "Rick, I agree with you generally on this point. This market needs a shakeup though. I don’t know if closing the Block would be a cure but it could consolidate talent." I hear that, but we should want the market making decisions as to which clubs live or die, not city government.
rickdugan
2 years ago
@From978 - read the article linked in the OP. It’s got a pretty good historical account of the Block.
Hank Moody
2 years ago
When I was there 15 years ago there were a ton of cops. In fact, when me and my buddies got there a couple cops came up to us and basically said, “This is a rip off, dangerous place, you should leave.” We ignored them and went into the Hustler club and had a great time. Side note, my buddy who had just had prostate surgery said he got his first wood post-survey during a private dance there. (The dancer, name Anastasia, was smokin hot, a cross between Lindsay Lohan and Michelle Pfizer with gorgeous fake cans - I got some dances with her too and she was amazing- if I lived closer she would have been an ATF). He was relieved and very happy
Studme53
2 years ago
Sorry- fucking auto correct on my phone “Post-surgery” and “Michelle Phiffer”
Studme53
2 years ago
It's been sleazy, it is sleazy and it will be sleazy. This effort, like others, will fail. While much of the block is trash there are some serious diamonds in the rough there and I've bagged a handful of 10/10's there. The amount of action you can get rivals TJ in some ways.
RandomName111
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion