Worcester License Commission meeting Wednesday for Hurricane Betty's violation

Tuesday, March 29, 2022 12:25 PM
This story confuses me. It says they looking at license violations because a couple men were shot NEAR the strip club. Not in the club. Not even, from what the story says, do we know if they were customers of the strip club. It seems to me that the city should be cited for not maintaining a safe neighborhood around the club. Hurricane Betty's is a great strip club name. [view link]

2 comments

Another posted story notes that family members and friends of the deceased have been leaving tribute items outside the club. The police aren't saying a lot yet, but it won't be surprising if it's revealed that the killing near the club resulted from something that happened inside the club.
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
Update: Deondre Matthews. Matthews was found with gunshot wounds outside of the club early Saturday morning and later died from his injuries. Hurricane Betty’s has a violation hearing in front of the city’s License Commission Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. The hearing’s agenda does not specify if the violation is related to the shooting. In 2016, Matthews was sentenced to serve five years in prison after he pled guilty to shooting a 19-year-old in 2014 in an attempt to steal a pound of marijuana with co-defendant Francesca Fresolo. Fresolo is the daughter of former state Rep. John P. Fresolo.
shadowcat
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion