Curves Cabaret
2130 N Oracle Tucson, AZ 85705

Have dancers not been showing up to work or something?

Tuesday, April 5, 2022 6:28 AM
[view link] It’s really rare to get a text from club staff (with the exception of upper Midwest clubs that do bookings) Anyways, thought that was interesting and was curious if anyone knew the possible reason for this.

17 comments

It seems to me that these would be good incentives for dancers to come to work. Most strip clubs, in my opinion, are badly run. More dancers on stage should draw more customers and result in bigger profits.
jackslash
2 years ago
How dare they imply that strippers may not be reliable enough to show up when they are expected to.
whodey
2 years ago
Maybe a management change that went poorly is the reason
CandymanOfProvidence
2 years ago
@whodey haha, they reliability demand actually went up. Generally the rule is to work 4 hours, not 4.5. @jackslash Yeah, constantly filling the roster with volume of dancers I’m sure is a balancing act. If the money gets spread too thin, it can get catty. But if it’s too small then customers get bored more. I wouldn’t want to be the one to try to figure that out. @candyman that is the one club where dancers and customers alike would bring up, unsolicited, about how greedy and uncaring management was. It was a ridiculous level of contempt there 😳I didn’t even notice anything out of line there, and my personal feelings were neutral towards them. Though the clientele pissed me off majorly over there with some of the crap they would pull like sitting at my stage and not tipping. (There are plenty of open tables around sir, go away) There was a weird toxicity there for sure and I never figured out why. Which is a shame, since the town of Tucson itself is awesome.
nicespice
2 years ago
I think someone should be posting the nightly line up! Maybe that 48-cowboy can ride in his ass-less chaps out there and get things in order!
Cashman1234
2 years ago
Are stageside seats meant only for people willing to tip ? Because its up close and personal? Are managers unwilling to ask people to leave if they don’t tip on stage
rickmacrodong
2 years ago
Often they do ask people to leave the stageside seat if they are not tipping. Best just as a show of respect to the girl to only take a stageside if you are going to tip. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Tucson is generally a lower cost of living place and so are the wages. It’s why the $10 lap dance maintains its bailiwick and also why the only travel dancers I see are from New Mexico or even vegas. Anyway it’s more laid back with steady pace of business, but who’s gonna come into the club and be dropping hundreds or thousands of $$?? You wouldn’t want to stand out in a crowd like that, would you? Not me. Most Tucson clubs are regular fests.
Mate27
2 years ago
^^ Sounds neat. That Venom still going? SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
—>“Tucson is generally a lower cost of living place and so are the wages. It’s why the $10 lap dance maintains its bailiwick and also why the only travel dancers I see are from New Mexico or even vegas. “ There’s travel dancers from other areas too. One club reg was telling me about meeting dancers from other parts of the country he’s met there before as well. I also made the error of talking about that I was camping, and he accurately guessed the general area I was at because he had met another dancer months before who had done the same thing. Whoops 😅 “Anyway it’s more laid back with steady pace of business, but who’s gonna come into the club and be dropping hundreds or thousands of $$??” There’s a difference between expecting somebody to drop hundreds or thousands of $$ and expecting them to tip me if they take the initiative to sit at the stage. Literally my personal standards are $2 per song for every full song one chooses to hang out there. It’s not much at all. And the fact they are regulars as opposed to clueless college students makes that even worse…lol Not that I can complain too much. I may have disliked the clientele, but Tucson itself is fun. And there was a really awesome hookah lounge around the corner I could go when I had enough and “eff these customers” 😀
nicespice
2 years ago
Maybe helpful insight - 4/10-16 is being promoted in the club as National Dancer Week. Wouldn't play well to have a low turnout for that now, would it? There have been plenty of dancers there last couple times I've visited...
rossl
2 years ago
Oooh I didn’t realize that a “national dancer week” was a thing. Googling it, it looks like dates are a little shifty because “official” dates are from the 22nd-1st but I’m sure the club knows the better times to actually choose to promote that stuff. That makes sense though. Personal opinion tho, because of the aforementioned appallingly bad stage tip culture there, no idea what the purpose is of promoting something that has to do with dancing. There is little incentive to do much other than stare up at the wall and wiggle butt. However, due to how customers act when they go back for dances, celebrating the “steak and BJ day” would probably go over pretty well 👀
nicespice
2 years ago
You wouldn’t think so but Tucson has a lot of poverty in that city and big homeless thing going on.
Muddy
2 years ago
To me this sounds more like it has turned into a personal rant about your short stint as a traveling dancer rather than informational insight. Personally, I’m hoping PHX is as good as Tucson when I visit later this month. Bacon!!
JimGassagain
2 years ago
🤷🏻‍♀️It’s going to turn into a personal rant if something gets my add brain to respond to something. Anyways, considering you, JS, always respond to things Phoenix related either on the discussion board and not reviews—let’s face it you’re most likely a local in that general area and not “visiting”
nicespice
2 years ago
^^ hey fuck you Mackie! I’m da kang of trolls. Bacon!!
JimGassagain
2 years ago
The number of dancers that show up range from 10 to 40+. Must have something to do with what bills are due or how much they made the previous few days.
Slickwillie
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion