Dwayne Johnson as the GOP candidate in 2024

Thursday, April 14, 2022 12:57 PM
I disagree with everything in this article: [view link] The author is wrong in every aspect except that Tim Scott may run. Nikki Haley is the most likely candidate to be the top GOP vote-winner in 2024. Great jobs record as Gov, solid diplomacy experience as UN ambassador, and a minority female to boot! Imagine if Kommiela actually had the character, experience, and intelligence to serve as POTUS. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I hope and I believe that DeSantis will finish his second term as FL gov. I doubt he will. If he does and a Republican wins in 2024, he will have missed his shot until 2032 (assume the incumbent will run for reelection). He would be cold product by then. Finally, have Americans learned that celebrities are not good leaders? Reagan was an amazing and notable exception, but he was always politically active and had served as a very successful governor of a very large and diverse state prior to his terms as POTUS. Ventura: failure. Schwarzenegger: failure. Franken: Failure. McConaughey made a smart choice by passing. Trump's policies were successful but he was not successful as President, but the footnotes should read that he was repeatedly sabotaged by weaponized intelligence agencies, a criminally hostile media, and a congress which had no interest in serving the people but only appeasing their radical leftist base by attacking him with false impeachments. At least Johnson has stated that he would want to get increasingly relevant experience in elected legislative positions prior to any POTUS run. I have always felt that candidates should have experience as a successful state Chief Executive prior to seeking the same position nationally. But even if DJ already had the necessary political experience, he would not challenge Trump or any contender for the GOP nom. DJ is a democrat. He is a liberal. Look at his statements in the past on various political issues. He's totally left. Not radically, but indisputably. Even if he were running for GOP, I would never vote for him in the primaries. He is clearly terrible at making decisions. Bidenesquely bad track record. What do I mean? Walking Tall. Rampage. Jungle Cruise. Hobbs & Shaw. Skyscraper. Baywatch. Snitch. Faster. Central Intelligence. You get the picture. Yes, Reagan made bad movies too, but his statements in service of freely elected representative government during the same period redeemed him. Rock has made no such statements. My two cents: If it came down to Haley V DeSantis, I would vote for Haley just to keep DeSantis in FL.

14 comments

Lol good write up. If I were betting today (and I like to bet on anything) I would bet Trump jumps in, screws up everything for the GOP and we have 2020 all over again. I just wouldn’t bet who would win that since we still have about a year to go before people get real serious about elections… and these days, A LOT can happen in a year!!!! PS - one thing I read is how Trump is having these dismal turnouts at his rallies, but as I travel around I still see a ton of Trump 2024 stickers on cars and banners in front of houses in my part of the world.
shailynn
2 years ago
OR DeSantis wins re-election to Florida Governor. But then also runs for President in 2024. Wins, which leaves Florida open again. The Rock runs for Governor of FL and wins. Smack that on your Candy Ass !
Warrior15
2 years ago
Nah, not a scenario I need to worry about. "Article IV, Section 3 of the Florida Constitution states the following: Upon vacancy in the office of governor, the lieutenant governor shall become governor. Further succession to the office of governor shall be prescribed by law. A successor shall serve for the remainder of the term. Theoretically, if DeSantis won another term as governor in 2022 and then won the presidency in 2024, Nunez would become the state's first female governor." As incumbent, Nunez would be likely to seek re-election. Dwayne really needs to move to Minnesota. They have a demonstrable track record of electing the most unqualified morons to the highest offices.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Too much can happen between now and 2024. If the internet were around in Reagans years he would have been a laughing stock
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
I think Haley could do very well against the democratic nominee in 2024 (based on how things look today). I think DeSantis could be a decent POTUS, but I don’t know if folks view him as too right to support? He has done a very good job in Florida, and that’s impressive considering how he handled leading a large state through the pandemic. The libs have jumped all over the recent gay legislation - and they have used media to totally pervert the intent of the law. My concern is Trump and his ego - and his desire to show the country he can get elected again. I think that could split the republican vote. If that happens, it could open the door for a democrat who sees an opening - and that could be a mess. I hope that Biden lasts two more years because POTUS Kamala is frightening! If Biden finishes his term, and decides to seek re-election, that would be miserable for democrats - as I think he won’t have much support. I wonder how much longer Nancy Pelosi will remain in office? She seems quite old - and out of touch. I know Mitch McConnell is also aging - and likely out of touch as well. I hope there can be a positive change in Washington, beyond just at the POTUS level, so more can be accomplished with the next administration. I would strongly recommend Duane Johnson stay away from politics. There is little good to come from an actor getting into politics at that level. Ronald Reagan was an exception to the rule - as he was the right leader at the right time.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
If the internet had been around when Reagan was president, he would be worshipped by the entire country. Without the internet Obama would remain a literary failure and the only Law Review Editor in American law school history to never once publish an article. My preference: Haley, Scott, DeSantis, Pence, dying pre election.
skibum609
2 years ago
Don't be so glum, Skibum. What about Rick Scott, Cruz, and Rubio?
gammanu95
2 years ago
I can't say Pence or Pompeo because they seem too tainted by the Trump legacy.
gammanu95
2 years ago
You should look at the campaigns of Herman Cain and Sarah Palin. The media does not care if the Republicans run a female or a minority candidate. They won't suddenly be afraid to lie about them or criticize. There is no benefit to picking a candidate for the republicans based on anything other than communication skills and performance. Nikki Haley has communication skills, but I'm not convinced she was the best performing governor of those we could choose from.
Sgtsnowman
2 years ago
Please no Cruz. Doesn’t matter what I think most of America doesnt like him either.
shailynn
2 years ago
Marjorie Taylor Greene snd Mitch McConnell. That would be a ticket 😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Desantis is the guy. Fuck everyone else. I like the Rock but the way he reacted to that hit job on Joe Rogan, it’s like damn dude what are you a fucking idiot. No Desantis, rare politician with a spine.
Muddy
2 years ago
*No, <-comma
Muddy
2 years ago
DeSantis is out of touch with Americans.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion