Power outage at the strip club

Saturday, April 23, 2022 2:40 AM
Has anyone been in a club while it happened? Feel free to share your story. Weird freaking night…

29 comments

Yeah, happened one afternoon in a Tampa, Florida club There was a strong afternoon thunderstorm that knocked out power for a couple of hours. Most customers left but a few of us stayed. No dances were allowed but we were treated to a stage show involving candles, hot wax, licking…..lots of licking….,just let your imagination run wild.
motorhead
2 years ago
A few times. One time the manager refused to let girls leave early. So everyone was pissed off. So the bartender gave some of us free drinks and we got shit faced drunk with stripper hoes for free lulz.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
It happened at my ATF DS club around opening time. I showed up and a few strippers and customers were at the bar. The darkness and quiet made it obvious what happened. A short storm knocked out the power in the entire neighborhood. Bartender said it was going around an hour so they weren't shutting down. They had the door propped open for light. I knew the bartender and she said my ATF DS wasn't coming in. So I left.
SirLapdancealot
2 years ago
Happened at Bourbon Street Circus about 15 years ago. They gave us all free passes to return another night. Couldn't complain. Outage was power company related; the grid in an "x" block radius was out. Drove out careful to not get T-boned.
Chili Palmer
2 years ago
Yes. Happened in downtown Detroit last Summer, but on a Monday night. Girls were on stage and nobody knew what to do. After maybe 20ish minutes, we ended up just closing. I paid the DJ and house mom, but didn't have to pay the house fee. The outage happened around 10pm, too.
BubbleYum
2 years ago
^ Like Bubble, I was also in a club that simply closed up after it was clear that the power would be of for a while. I doubt that many people have god power outage stories Clubs tend to shut down when it happens.
rickdugan
2 years ago
Happened to me last July in AZ but not at a strip club. I was in a little bar where I knew the owners and staff. They let us stay and drink until power came back on. The power went out because it was a "Noah's Ark" monsoon rain in AZ and there was huge winds, lightning, thunder and rain. The streets literally flooded. I was on foot and there was no way I was going back to my hotel in that type of weather. The other thing is I texted the owner who wasn't present but had no idea he was in the ER with Covid. Also, the bar had a state and US flag flying. The state flag blew into the street and a crazy old gut went out and saved it. That was the last time I saw that crazy old guy as he died of Covid a month or two later. Wasn't a strip club but memorable. The next day huge trees and signs were down all over town.
mike710
2 years ago
Happened to me once. The emergency lighting came on and made it super bright (for a dark strip club). I was not in there, but they made everyone leave VIP and just sit together. No dancing although my dancer continued to play in my shorts. Also they shut down the bar. Some guys left immediately. Others started to trickle out as time went by. Some dancers went to the dressing room and some of those left. Power came back after 30-40 minutes.
goldmongerATL
2 years ago
TFP
2 years ago
Yeah, once. Kenny offered everyone a free shot. The only option was tuaca.
kingcripple
2 years ago
Also there were a few times during dances with nicespice where everything went black but in retrospect I might have just been swooning. 🤷
SirLapdancealot
2 years ago
Once many years ago in a Charlotte, NC club. Thunderstorm. Everybody just sat around for a bit then the power came back. No biggie.
FishHawk
2 years ago
More than once this is Florida, power outages aren't that unusual down here.
twentyfive
2 years ago
Yeah, power was out for like 30-45 minutes last night. There were customers in the door so we lit some candles and had lanterns out and a couple of dancers played music on their phone. One dancer sold dances by outright saying “the cameras aren’t working right now”…and the customer was apparently being really handsy and she had to squirm a lot, lol I went to the car and charged my phone in there. And watched the sky while there was a dry thunderstorm. It was a pretty sight.
nicespice
2 years ago
Only once that I can remember, at a place outside of KCK. Not sure why, but the owner had a generator outside that was just enough to power a couple of lights, but no music. So the club stayed open, and a few dances happened at tables, but not in any of the more private spaces. I remember the place <em>normally</em> allowing customers to be pretty handsy, so that wasn't any real benefit. No blowjobs in the dark at the tables.
georgmicrodong
2 years ago
Yes, it was at the Sunnyvale Hip Hugger.  That is an old fashioned club, designed to stay out of trouble with the law and to require minimum staff.  It had been zero staff, just dancers.  As such, girls and the stage are behind the bar.  So mostly what they do is give "dances" by going up to a guy across the bar.  Mostly it is a talking club.  I told the manager once that they always had the smartest girls, and that seemed to be because it was mostly a talking job. There was an interval when the power was often off.  So they just kept a box of votive candles and gave each girl a couple so they could go up to a guy and put them on the bar, and "dance", which mostly meant standing and posing and talk. SJG X - Your Phone's Off The Hook - Live 1980 Rare! [view link] JJ's One Girl Band [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
According to Google the Sunnyvale hip hugger has been closed for like a decade now
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
^ Doubt SJG has been to an actual strip club in that long. Once, at Club Desire, for about 15 minutes. With no show, everyone buried their nose in their phone.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Not closed quite that long. But there were multiple power outages. Because it is organized by the long bar with he girls behind it, it worked. Not sure that many strip clubs would continue to operate during a power outage. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
He doesn't engage in fun now. He's focused on serious things like bringing the private party model to clubs so they can be like tinuana, working on his organization, fighting dejavu clubs and forming autistic commando groups
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
I was in the VIP room. getting extras. When the power went out. The manager can up and asked if she was ok she said yes. Then he asked if we needed any thing. We said no he gave us an extra 45 min.
bang69
2 years ago
This has happened to me once, it’s actually a fear of mine to be itc when the power goes out 😥 I feel it’s a really unsafe situation
PinkSugarDoll
2 years ago
@PSD: <blockquote><cite>PSD said</cite>This has happened to me once, it’s actually a fear of mine to be itc when the power goes out 😥 I feel it’s a really unsafe situation</blockquote> Which is why many clubs shut down VIP and private dances. I'm sure that disappoints many people, but it seems to me to be a reasonable thing to do in that event.
georgmicrodong
2 years ago
I've been through several. The emergency lights came on and we waited a short time for the electricity to come back on. Only once did that last for more than 1 hour and I left the club.
shadowcat
2 years ago
I have a couple of times, all were uneventful except one time the power went out, emergency floor lighting came on, so. It was still dim. One of my favorite dancers came over, sat in my lap, played with junior and whispered that the cameras weren’t working. We adjourned to the VIP room which was then I realized that there was no music. The dancer played some tunes on her iphone, and we pretty much did everything.
Harderlap
2 years ago
I dont think I have been in a club when the power goes out. I did go to a drive through coffee shop and realized the power was out when I pulled up (it was after dark). I usually just order drip coffee so the girl working gave me a free cup because she could not ring it up, even though I offered to pay. The knew the girl working from going in there, and she seemed uneasy and nervous so I stayed there and kept the conversation going about anything but the power being out. About 20 minutes later the power came back on and I left. Later I heard from the girl's sister how much she appreciated the company because it was so dark. I think I may have ended up with a couple more free cups of coffee later on.
crazyjoe
2 years ago
Once for me at a dive bar and they opened to door to let in some light at least. One of the dancers (who really enjoyed her alcoholic beverages) started singing some of David Allan Coe's more ummm underground songs that were never played on the radio. I think one of the employees might have taken her home.
magicrat
2 years ago
Yes but it was day shift. Some dancers and customers left but the club opened all the doors and tuned some flashlights on and let people keep getting dances in corner booths. As I remember it they did close the VIP for obvious reason (total darkness). Eventually power came back on after an hour or so. It was cool, something different.
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
Great responses. I’m especially flattered that some of the posters here who normally prefer to chat about different subjects posted their personal experiences in here. 🥰 @PSD Yeah, I felt a bit scared at the power going out. But then again, I was also pretty inebriated and in a club in the middle of nowhere, and my adhd brain went into “wow, this is like the set up to a horror movie” train of thought, lol. Thank goodness for phones having flashlights
nicespice
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion