What would you choose?

Friday, June 24, 2022 11:49 AM
Strip clubbing has been made illegal by the federal Government. Underground strip clubs still exist, but the penalty for going to one is death. You cannot help yourself. You go; get caught; are tried and sentenced to death. Because of the egregious nature of your crime, you get a last "food", not a last "mean", and while you can eat as much of this one food as you like, it's the only type of food you can eat. What do you choose to eat? Personally, I choose garlic and parmesan truffle fries at cafe Rosetti's in Winthrop MA. One night at dinner we couldn't decide on an appetizer, so Wife said why not a basket of fries. I am not a fry guy, but what the hell, I had had truffle fries at some of the better steakhouses and thought if these are that good it's a good appetizer. A large basket appears on our table. Fries, glistening with truffle oil, dotted with fresh garlic and ribbons of super high quality parmesan cheese, striped over the fries because they use a potato peeler. The Parmesan is of such high quality that while it gets melty, it never loses structure. We dug in and my first thought was that this is the single greatest thing I have ever eaten. I realize they do the fries Belgian style, which is to par fry them, let them sit and then fry them again. This pulls the exterior away and makes it super crunchy, while leaving the interior soft and potatoey. It seems strange to go to an Italian restaurant for fries, but these make other truffle fries, including at all the big steakhouse versions, seem like fast food. I told my buddy (nicknamed fry guy) about it in May 2021. He lives 55 miles away and has been there 47 times in the last 13 months. We're going tonight. Tell us about your food and why it just may be worth dying to have one meal of nothing but that food.....

18 comments

cafe Rosetti's ad
BitCoinHodler
2 years ago
Steak and all the sides from Capital Grill
Studme53
2 years ago
I would probably ask to dine at the Y one last time
RockAllNight
2 years ago
Truffle oil is a chemically created truffle scent. Like that fake vanilla. I wouldn't use it in the same sentence as quality anything 🤡 If I was on death row I'd order scalding hot soup and throw it in the guards faces. Lulz If I had one food I could just eat forever it would be pistachios. Simple is better
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Grilled halloumi at Maroush Gardens on Edgware Road in London. How can something so basic be so good? I have no idea. Light, fluffy, slightly crisped, rich with butterfat, almost gooey, delicious far beyond normal expectations of a little grilled cheese.
drewcareypnw
2 years ago
Stud - 1 food - no sides lol. Icee are you ever not a total d-bag? Ever? Hopefully, the guard would George Floyd you for doing that. Sounds amazing Drew. By the way, you described perfectly how and why something so simple could be so good. At first I saw "New London" and though Conn. was close enough to check it out. Now I am just sad and hungry lol
skibum609
2 years ago
T-bone steak so I could do a "Law Abiding Citizen" job on my cellmate. As per the OP, it wouldn't be my last meal... but it would be his last. Lol
misterorange
2 years ago
The best fries I have eaten are the Frites at a local French restaurant.
magicrat
2 years ago
orange, i immediately thought of that movie too. great flick. t-bone or wendys double-baconater wet works for me.
psycho_trick
2 years ago
I get sick of shit quick. It’s tough. Maybe Texas brisket from a legit bbq spot in Texas.
Muddy
2 years ago
@ski: " Icee are you ever not a total d-bag? Ever? Hopefully, the guard would George Floyd you for doing that." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
drewcareypnw
2 years ago
How soon before the actual execution is this happening? If it’s immediately before (and I don’t have to deal with the consequences) then I want an omelet with extra smoked cheddar in it.
nicespice
2 years ago
Lobster tail, grilled or baked with a bunch of melted butter.
shailynn
2 years ago
Chronic tater tots from a little soflo diner called the quart house. Tater tots, parmesan cheese, garlic butter, chives, green onions, and dash of balsamic vinegar. So good.
gammanu95
2 years ago
We need to set up our own Private Party Model venues. Then there are not subject to any laws about strip clubs, retail businesses, or adult entertainment. They will be using the model of legal compliance pioneered by Swingers Clubs. So really the only enforceable rule is consent. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
I've been framed !! Honest, Judge, I had my eyes closed the whole time. I didn't even know they were nipples, thought they were raspberries . . Sigh. Fine. Gimme a bowl of primo ice cream, topped with raspberries, drizzled with fine chocolate. If fsct, skip the bowl, I'll have this on "Sunshine" instead.
gSteph
2 years ago
If it is not a Strip Club, but it is a Private Party, then such laws have no effect. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Tacos al pastor con cebollitas from pretty much any rinky-dink taco place in Mexico. But from one that's not busy, so the meat is not under cooked.
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion