Wishful Trend?

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 6:55 PM
I’m hoping that this is a trend, and not just my wishful thinking… my sample size is too small to draw any meaningful conclusions, but it seems like the overall quality of dancers in the south Florida clubs I frequent is starting to improve. Coming out of the pandemic lockdown, I have felt like dancer quality had declined significantly across the board. This may have been the result of lockdown inactivity leading to a less than pole-ready body, or top tier dancers finding other sources of income on-line, or leaving the club life for any number or reasons. However, in recent weeks, it seems like the dancer quality is improving, and the reviews that I follow for my local clubs also reflect this encouraging phenomenon. Perhaps inflation, a slowing economy, and the exhaustion of stimulus cash is starting to bring better talent back to the clubs? Regardless of the reason, I’m wondering if others are seeing this in other markets. Hopefully this is a trend, and one that continues.

12 comments

good to hear ikb. not in iowa unfortunately. still hiring surplus farm animals to embarrass themselves trying to make stage fee and cover the cost of add'l outside security here.
psycho_trick
2 years ago
There's always been large immigration from Cuba - but the last year+ has broken records - would not be surprised at a massive new-wave of Cuban strippers many of whom likely have to pay large coyote-fees and soon learn the huge differece in pay b/w working at a restaurant vs doing lap dances and extras.
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
One also has to wonder how nany girls are gonna turn to stripping to make ends meet due to inflation
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
Damn Papi. You really know how to take all the enjoyment out of hitting up a hot Cuban stripper. Thinking that she’s dancing to pay off the human trafficker who got her into the country just makes me sad.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
The number of jobs increased last month but the number of people in the workforce didn't increase. This doesn't make any sense until you look closer at the statistics. What happened was that more people took a second job to try to make ends meet because their income isn't keeping up with inflation. This would lead to more women trying to get a second job as a stripper. What is likely to happen, though, is at the same time more women want to work at the strip club fewer guys will have the extra money to spend at the strip club.
docsavage
2 years ago
You mean trafficked women will become desperate enough to prostitute themselves in order to pay off their traffickers. A lot of Cuban prostitutes are trafficked for that purpose. The worst scam is how Cuban girls who speak English will take part of new girls money to translate shit for them. Some will outright pimp them in the club.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
@Iknowbetter Those are the harsh-realities - look at it this way - they have to pay those debs off no matter what so you're helping them get out from under that much faster
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
There may be a few more Cuban dancers in the Atlanta metro area but IMO the overall quality is still down compared to pre COVID.
shadowcat
2 years ago
I agree, quality does seem to be inching upward. Turnover is also faster. It is way too early to call it a trend, but I've noticed both.
Dolfan
2 years ago
One of the great mysteries coming out of Covid was the millions of people who dropped out of the workforce and never came back. I don’t think anyone has really figured this out.
mark94
2 years ago
^ I'm one of those millions, and there's no mystery in my case. I used to show up for work because it was fun. When it stopped being fun, I retired.
From978
2 years ago
Speaking of the Cuban dancers in Florida, I've found a sharp increase in the amount of them trying to run the romance hustle or at the very least trying to cozy up and cultivate regulars. In years past, they've been all business. Obviously its not a complete shift in attitude of everyone, but enough were I've noticed it.
Dolfan
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion