What do you do when you see someone you know at the club?

Thursday, July 14, 2022 5:28 PM
What do you do when you see someone you know at the club? I’m not talking about dancers or club staff, or close friends or family, but maybe you see someone you know from work, the neighborhood, the country club, or church? Is it awkward? Do you go up to them and say hello? Or do you avoid them and act like you didn’t see one another? For me it’s awkward, but thankfully it doesn’t happen very often. But when it does, I will typically walk up, say hello (subliminally acknowledge that we are both there for the same reason), but then go about my own business and not hang out together. I might give a wave or say goodbye when I leave, but then when we see each other again in civilian life, never speak of the encounter or acknowledge that we both share the same hobby. Just curious how other PLs handle this.

22 comments

Walk out, quickly.
mark94
2 years ago
Totally depends on who it is. An employee, I get outta there. A buddy of mine, I will buy them a beer. But I do most of my clubbing on my business trips, so running into someone I know is rare.
Warrior15
2 years ago
It has literally never happened to me, unless I arrived at the club with that person. I’d go for a smile and wave on my way out.
drewcareypnw
2 years ago
not awkward here, but i'm single and they're usually in potentially more 'trouble' for being there. if they aren't, then my only issue would be if they tried to interfere with my lone wolf m.o.
psycho_trick
2 years ago
The corollary to this discussion is the fact that I am always amazed at the guys who are at the strip club wearing logo branded shirts of their employer, or who arrive in company vehicles parked in the parking lot. If I owned XYZ Heating and Air, I would hate to see my work truck in a strip club parking lot. Especially in the middle of the day!
iknowbetter
2 years ago
i've seen those dudes have to leave before cuz the work vehicle gps alerted the boss.
psycho_trick
2 years ago
Are you here for meeting with the CFO also?
motorhead
2 years ago
Usually I just say hello.
twentyfive
2 years ago
Say hi to them. If you're paranoid about being seen there by someone who is also yhere....that's some weirdo shit
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Only two times it's happened to me (that I can remember). Once with the brother of a friend where we just acknowledged each other, and went on our way. He never mentioned it, and neither did I. The other time was with a co-worker at a club that had $10 dances in an area not visible to the rest of the club, along with an informal agreement with the other dancers that the area was a "one customer at a time" area for day shift. I was at the bar shortly after work let out, and he walked out of that lap dance area behind a dancer well known for extras. I just nodded my head as he hurried out the door. He never once spoke to me again for all the years I worked there after that except via email.
georgmicrodong
2 years ago
More likely is when I see a dancer I know someplace else. SJG School of Rock, real good! 2nd song in has a girl signing lead for Song Remains the Same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7o3PCR7YFc
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
I just walk up to him and tell him - "I was driving by and saw you walking in - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE YOU PERVERT" - all the while I'm wearing my commando athletic SC shorts
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
Like @drew - I don't recall ever running into anyone that "got me by surprise" per se - there was one time I ran into a guy from college at Tootsies that I hadn't seen in over 12 years - he was married and had kids and I'd actually been to his house many years b/f and had met his wife and at the time young kids (he was older than me) - I didn't recognize him but he recognized me - not a big deal since it was someone from way back and I am single (while he was still married) - wasn't a big deal for him either - turns out he went to Tootsies after work a couple of times per week and it was almost as if he worked there since he knew almost all the dancers and almost all the staff and were on a first-name-basis (he was a very personable guy) - he was banging one of the dancers OTC and he had a little-crew of friends he'd meet up with at Tootsies - I was a bit shocked b/c his wife was pretty-attractive and a very-nice person but it what it is.
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
It's never happened to me that I can remember but I do remember a story about my ATF, gridget. When I returned from the men's room she pointed out a small group of guys there for a bachelor party. She knew the groom because they both worked for the same ambulance company. They had talked while I was in the Men's room. He said "I didn't see you here. You didn't see me here and I'm not going to ask you for a dance". So I asked her if she believed that he would keep his mouth shut. She said "Yes because I know his fiancée".
shadowcat
2 years ago
I just walk up to them and say I'm with my Church group trying to save the souls of the heathen
Jimmybigtits
2 years ago
About 20 years ago I saw my weed dealer at fantasies. He was sitting with some dudes I will charitably describe as gang bangers. I went over and said "hey Bruce". He looked at me and said: "Fuck you asshole. I don't know you. Get the fuck away from me or I will kill you". I went back to my seat. Did i make a mistake? Well, it's possible, but he is a unique human being so it was either Telley Savalas, Mr. Clean or him, cuz other than those 3 no one looks like em. I still know him. We've never mentioned it.
skibum609
2 years ago
It has never happened to me, but honestly neither do I expect it to. I have been careful to surround my family with people who, unlike me, are not degenerates. I think it would be hard for most of them to get away with what I do anyway as my circumstances are somewhat unique. It's easier for me to keep money on the side and to be out on a weekday nights under the guise of working late in the office (which is often actually true). I guess I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it. I hope not, at least while my kids are still young. I'm really living two lives right now and I'd much prefer that they stay separate.
rickdugan
2 years ago
I once had a favorite who had a 6 year old girl and had this happen to her and the outcome sucked. She was on the stage and the Dad of one of her kid's friends walked into the club and spotted her. Apparently they chatted briefly and he was very friendly to her that night, but the next day his daughter told the stripper's daughter that they could no longer be friends. Obviously the 6 year old girl didn't understand why this happened and was invariably very hurt. As unfair as it was the the little girl though, as a parent I can also understand the concerns that the parents of the other child might have had, notwithstanding the potential hypocrisy of the situation. I would never want my kids to experience any potential social fallout because of the things that I do. 10 years from now I probably won't give a shit, but right now I do.
rickdugan
2 years ago
There was a group of younger (single) guys who work at my company who put together a bachelor party at Diamond Dolls for one of the guys who was getting married. They invited me, but I declined, saying “you don’t need and old guy like me dragging you down” (also I’m sure they were hoping the boss would come along and pick up the tab). But the real reason I didn’t want to go was I didn’t want the dancers coming up to greet me like they knew me, hugging me, and calling me by name in front of my employees.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
I have never met anyone I knew but I saw someone I knew at the far end of the bar where there were a few seats. No one was there but him and I saw his bald head and some pig tails going up and down in front of him obviously on her knees. That was years ago. We worked together. I never said a thing. But I laughed because he was the one guy I would not have expected to see there. I could never look at him the same again
Jimmybigtits
2 years ago
It's a function of who, where I know them from, what strip club, and what I'm doing at the club. I'll probably say hi, how's it going regardless. I can't think of many people who I would have more to lose from being at the strip club than they do. Most of my friends and coworkers are married, and they'd have more to explain. "Oh, I saw Tetradon at a shady strip club?" "Wait, Bob, what the fuck were you doing at a shady strip club?" So, I'd probably strike up a conversation, "fancy seeing you here, Bob!" I'd stay on good behavior (in the front room, at least, no getting wasted or FRMOS, lol) but not act much different.
Tetradon
2 years ago
I once came out of VIP and hit the bathroom. On my way out the door I guy I worked with flagged me down. He was sitting with a super hot dancer. I knew him fairly well, so I joined them. This was a pretty straight-laced married guy. He said he was "at Home Depot" with air quotes. He motioned to the dancer and said I should take her to VIP because she was an awesome fuck in VIP. I quickly glanced at the dancer to see if she was going to slug him. Instead she just confirmed that she was indeed an awesome fuck in VIP. After a while the guy left and I took her to VIP, where she was indeed an awesome fuck. At work on Monday he simply asked me if he was right on Saturday. I just nodded and said "Awesome!"
goldmongerATL
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion