Jaguars Gold Club
6824 Cargo Rd Odessa, TX 79762

Texas hating women, again

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 11:07 PM
[view link] The police department put out a post online bragging about arrests they made because the club owners and managers were warned they weren’t complying with whatever business license the club was supposed to have. And the independent contractors working there was totally supposed to know that. But sure, throw some prostitution charges on top of business violations and put their faces out there. Predictably, people absolutely dragged the police department in the comments. The top comment was something like “should have labeled the club as a school to keep them away” Which was well-deserved imo.

28 comments

Notice that they don's specifically talk about breaking the prostitution law. Instead they have this other thing about needing a permit for a "Sexually Oriented Business". Well that kind of a permit authorizes them to do nothing they could not otherwise do. It is a scam. All it does is make them subject to rules and regulations which apply no where else. They make this permit requirement as a way of getting around SCOTUS decisions which recognize Free Speech, and stop there from being a blanket outlawing of strip clubs. If we left it to the pillars of the community, there would never be anything like a strip club. These special permits are a way of destroying strip clubs, making rules which apply no where else. Thanks nicespice, SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
I Know alot of travel dancers that this club
Muddy
2 years ago
I don't see how it was lawful to arrest the dancers when it's the owners who stupidly violated the law. How fucked up to not renew your license.
skibum609
2 years ago
Like any other business, or government department; many police departments want to show/advertise 'all they're doing to fight crime" likely in order to justify their budgets and/or try to increase it - they are far from perfect but if my two choices are having a mediocre to ok police dept vs having hoodlums be in charge of the streets, I have to opt for the former - like the saying goes ... "I rather have a 2nd-rate fireman than a 1st-rate arsonist".
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
No need to worry about trade-offs in Odessa. If one wants crime, any kind. Odessa has you covered and it’s higher than the national average in every category. https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/odessa/crime.amp
nicespice
2 years ago
Periodically the police in Providence do something similar. It appeals to the innate prurient interest of people and gets a lot of publicity.
skibum609
2 years ago
Planning on some long range travels through that region, and TX being so broad and vast, Odessa and that Jaguar's Club have long been on my itinerary. Sorry to see the high crime rate, but I believe that that is standard for Texas, along with a high rate of gun crimes. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
It’s a small town. Lots of politics involved. Probably a personal vendetta. One of the big fish in the small town decided to flex his muscles.
mark94
2 years ago
And they enforce on totally bullshit laws, laws which don't apply on the sidewalk inside the licensed venue. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Going after the sex-industry has always been low-hanging-fruit for those in power
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
The owners should have been arrested not just the stripper hoes. Business owners should be fucked over to the fullest when they do illegal shit.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
I love somebody's comment on FB. Just put up a sign that says "school" so they'll be too afraid to go in.
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
Women don't exist. Stop trying to blame red states. There is no such thing as women anymore. Even in ancient societies, women didn't exist. Take it up with the radicals promoting these ideas. https://www.infowars.com/posts/gender-activists-say-archaeologists-should-be-stopped-from-identifying-ancient-human-remains-as-male-or-female/
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
Between their archaic abortion stance, and their cops being more worried about themselves then their school children, Texas is a tough place to live, especially for young people.
twentyfive
2 years ago
I guess if I lived in the most fucked up state in America, by far, I would disgracefully use the murder of children top make myself feel better, but hey, that's Florida, the most fucked up state in America.
skibum609
2 years ago
^ Even if you support abortion, I wasn't aware that you supported creating a vigilante corps to go after pregnant women, yet have more cops present at a school where living children are being executed in front of parents, yet those armed cops are actively preventing parents wanting to go in and rescue their children from doing so, Shameful and you know it. According to the report issued by the Texas commission there were more than 376 police officers present at that school, that's more than the amount of defenders killed at the Alamo.
twentyfive
2 years ago
^ Florida folks did so fucking wonderful at Pulse and at parkland school. Maybe the foreigners passing as locals fucked up in Texas, but just like Stalin couldn't criticize Mao, Florida cannot criticize Texas. Uvalde was a disgrace, but shooting people in blue areas is attractive to killers, because democrats make the police afraid to do their jobs.
skibum609
2 years ago
^ I don't accept any responsibility for Pulse, as far as I know that was a red area, still how about dem Texas Rangers citizens brigade, empowered to go after pregnant women, funny where I live the cops aren't afraid to go into a school to stop a massacre. Both PBSO, and BSO are pretty good police forces, with good reputations.
twentyfive
2 years ago
You live near parkland; maybe read the news sometime. Florida police lol. Ok.
skibum609
2 years ago
Sure thing buddy, Parkland had one officer on site, he was terminated, even so it took less than 3 minutes to get officers into the school I read the news and if you think Parkland was a disaster, which it was, still nothing like this fiasco in Uvalde, Texas how long were those kids in that classroom getting killed 187 minutes while armed and armored police, hid in the hallway shameful and you know it.
twentyfive
2 years ago
The police in Uvalde were immigrants. Immigrants of their type are here because of democrats. Accept responsibility. Their actions were beyond shameful: They were criminal. It's almost as if they were Floridians. In full disclosure: we are ashamed in Massachusetts today because Boston is only ranked as the 6th smartest city in America now. If we fall another 500 places it's going to be like living in Floriduh here.
skibum609
2 years ago
Much colder, and you don't really have to fall that far, this country is becoming stupider by the minute. Truthfully Boston has a pretty facade, but when you get up close it's the same shit as every other city, full of idiots and difficult to get around,
twentyfive
2 years ago
Cold is why we live here.
skibum609
2 years ago
Not cold is why we live here, LOL
twentyfive
2 years ago
Thats why my brother and Mother live 1500 miles from me and 5 from you lol
skibum609
2 years ago
We can golf all year and I swim almost every day, I enjoyed skiing about 45 years ago, but I don’t enjoy frostbite any more, and my arthritic body loves the hot weather.
twentyfive
2 years ago
I golf all year as well, just not here in january and february, but a lot of courses on the cape are open year-round. I am not a hot weather fan and the only frostbite day i had this year was the January blizzard day and as it was -3 with a 50 mph wind as were changing in the parking lot after skiing i wasn't surprised at the frostbite. I was surprised that by opening the car doors 5-7 times we managed to get a foot of snow in the car.
skibum609
2 years ago
Well you’re fortunate not to suffer from arthritis after almost 50 years in the construction business I’ve had my share of injuries including a few broken bones from a motorcycle accident a number of years ago, and one thing I can tell you, as I’ve gotten older I’ve had numerous reminders that if I’d known how long I was going to be alive I should have taken better care of myself LOL
twentyfive
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion