Music predicting the future - title says it all

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 5:47 PM
Name a song, which in your opinion predicts or has predicted the future. I choose 1969's one hit wonder by Zager and Evans - "In the year 2525". Some songs kill it. This is one of them. Miss the good old days where lyrics meant somwthing.

5 comments

Maybe the Police- When the world is running down
Muddy
2 years ago
My Dingaling by Chuck Berry
Jimmybigtits
2 years ago
I’ll go with Barry McGuire’s “Eve of Destruction “
twentyfive
2 years ago
^ yeah Eve of destruction fits I heard this on the radio while i was driving to the store an hour ago. When it came out it was a commentary on that time period but you could consider that since much of it fits today it predicted the future. Ten Years After I'd Love to Change the World Everywhere is freaks and hairies Dykes and fairies, tell me, where is sanity? Tax the rich, feed the poor 'Til there are no rich no more I'd love to change the world But I don't know what to do So I'll leave it up to you Population keeps on breeding Nation bleeding, still more feeding, economy Life is funny, skies are sunny Bees make honey, who needs money? No, not poor me I'd love to change the world But I don't know what to do So I'll leave it up to you Oh, yeah World pollution, there's no solution Institution, electrocution Just black and white, rich or poor Them and us, stop the war I'd love to change the world But I don't know what to do So I'll leave it up to you
TheeOSU
2 years ago
Frank Zappa's "Why does it hurt when I pee" https://youtu.be/fiu6DFXeF9A
Jimmybigtits
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion