OT: Terrible books and terrible movies

Friday, September 9, 2022 10:24 PM
Morbius is available on Netflix. It was savaged by critics for just being so incredible awful and it is. It is so...fucking...bad. Jared Leto is the most overrated actor of his generation. His Joker was the worst but this is even worse! And Matt Smith must have been so desperate for something to do until House of the Dragon started, but I'd rather watch flies fuck than be in a worthless pile of garbage like this movie. My wife, for some unknown reason insisted on finishing it. I'm wondering what other amazingly bad movies TUSCLers have been forced to sit through by their SOs, SBs, and OTC dates.

8 comments

Dune (1984) A Star is Born (1976) Strangely enough, both have been remade in recent years. Just shows how Hollywood lacks any creativity or originality.
motorhead
2 years ago
Top gun Almost every marvel movie Most Christmas movies
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Musicals...
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
@motorhead, I've always thought remaking horrible movies from the past would be a really good idea, if they could be could be done well. And in the two cases you bring up, they <em>have</em> been re-done pretty well. Assuming the second half of the new Dune is as good as the first, anyway. Rocky Horror Picture Show. The first time I watched that was 1982, I think. Maybe 83. So bad it was fun. Mostly because of Time Curry, of course.
georgmicrodong
2 years ago
Every Jaws movie except the first one (which is great).
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
Cim you don't really mean that you just want a reaction. You never even watched jaws. ....that's exactly how you act on here dumb bitch
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Roland Emmerich's latest, "Moonfall," is a hot mess. Silver lining ... Halle Berry at 56 still looks pretty good. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5834426/
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
2021 remake of West Side Story. It came up on Fios as one of the free movies the other day so figured I'd check it out. To be fair, I don't think I ever saw the original with Natalie Wood, but back in the 80's in high school it's what was chosen as the senior class play. I wasn't in it as I can't act or sing, lol, but I volunteered to help with some of the set construction and rearranging the stage in between acts, so I saw the show many many times. I don't know if it was my limited involvement, or the fact that I knew most of the kids performing in the show, but I remember it being really great. One of my all time favorite theater productions. But this movie, which is 157 minutes long, sheesh... unwatchable. Just based on Spielberg being the director I stuck it out for over an hour waiting to see if it would get better, but eventually turned it off. It was so damn boring.
misterorange
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion