The difference between conservatives and progressives

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 12:25 PM
Prior to the start of the B.Y.U. football game the B.Y.U. team ran onto the field with an Oregon flag bearing the name and number of an Oregon football player who died in July in a climbing accident. They did it as a sign of respect, of honor and to acknowledge Oregon was grieving. Throughout the game the wonderful progressive students form extremely liberal University of Oregon chanted "fuck the Mormons". Perfect. Just perfect.

19 comments

The chant stemmed from the allegations made by the duke volleyball player. That garnered headlines but when the investigation found nothing to corroborate either that was ignored or dismissed as BYU covering up its mess. Ironic that the media also jumped on board the allegations against duke lacrosse before that investigation was done. Progressives believe in free speech as long as they agree with the message, if not it’s hate speech.
gobstopper007
2 years ago
The Duke player and her teammates are racist liars. Anyone in this country who listens to the cray of 'racism" is a simpleton.
skibum609
2 years ago
i wonder if those oregon kids will be expelled over conduct unbecoming of an oregon u student, or some other bullshit charge the school head will label. a shame if that would actually be the outcome.
rattdog
2 years ago
I wonder what the reaction would have been from the media if they chanted “Fuck the Jews” or “Fuck the Muslims”
Studme53
2 years ago
Fuck the mormons. Fuck the conservative bigots Everyone fuck skibums wife
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
See you in February Icee. That email you sent Founder hoisted you upon your own petard. Get cancer and die Icee.
skibum609
2 years ago
Fuck Joe Biden. Fuck Kamala Harris. Fuck Pelosi, Schumer and Schiff. Fuck the Chinese spy-fucker Swalwell. Fuck Newsom, Whitmer, Hochul and Murphy. Fuck all Democrat scumbags. And fuck the stupid little bitches at University of Oregon. Fuck 'em all.
misterorange
2 years ago
More Us vs Them narratives. I agree with destroying the liberal progressive movement, but rather promote it through proven tactics like economically incentives for practical methods. People will change if they’re incentivized. If going green is economical, people will do it but please stop with government handouts to force. Progressives are taking tax payer money (so do conservatives) to drive policy against capitalist incentives. The revolution will turn the tide towards giving the people more libertarian views and options if they’re not careful.
Mate27
2 years ago
@skibum609 I will play along and comment on your discussion. Q: The difference between conservatives and progressives A: No difference They are just like the American so called “Two Party System” is really two sides of the same coin. Both political parties serve the interests of the rich and powerful; corporate robber barons and politicians, who have become rich through ruthless and unscrupulous business practices. In America White Progressives and White Conservatives Are Shaped By Whiteness Whiteness is central to both white conservatives and white progressives’ political identity, especially as white Americans must navigate a social and political world in which whiteness is often and explicitly tied to racial injustice — an uncomfortable association for both white conservatives and white liberals. White Americans are both; the perpetrators of racial inequality and the beneficiaries of white privilege. White identity center more on the privilege and inequality that whiteness can engender. It undeniable your concern is that your white identity may be threatened and socially devalued by justice for all and real equality.
CJKent_band
2 years ago
^^ that’s fucking wacky statements made right there, even for you. How you got to an anti-whiteness agenda with the race purporting to feel threatened is beyond anyone with logical sense. You’re stirring up shit on purpose to anger a specific demographic, and that’s what progressives do as their main instrument.
Mate27
2 years ago
Wasn’t BYU in the news a few weeks ago for screaming racists chants at a black female volleyball player from Duke? No one likes BYU or all these conservative snowflakes.
Jasdoit
2 years ago
I'm a conservative but also an atheist. My father was a high school science teacher, and I was raised non-religious. The Republican party is commonly identified with religion, though. I dated a research scientist at a drug company once and she was an atheist and wouldn't vote Republican. Except for some social issues identified with the religious such as banning drugs, abortion and prostitution I pretty much agree with the Republicans on everything else.
docsavage
2 years ago
The progressive movement seems intent on destroying so much of the fabric of American society. The problem is - they don’t appear to be building anything productive to take the place of what they are tearing down. It would seem that the endgame is anarchy? What civilization has prospered using anarchy? Look at these crime infested cities run by progressives. Is that benefiting any productive law abiding citizens? These are sad times, when one party is intent on progress through lawlessness.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
hey JASDOIT you win illiterate, uneducated loser of the week award. A complete investigation was done and the Duke player lied. The person she accused was special needs, (bigoted asshole basketball players) and a review of all the film shows she made up the story and is a complete liar. Duke is a shit school and it's about time we look at these continual cries of racism and laugh and ignore them.
skibum609
2 years ago
its sometimes seen as more socially acceptable to insult the majority race or religion than minority races or religions. Its not technically worse, but some people subjectively draw distinction between insulting some races and religions vs others.
rickmacrodong
2 years ago
The BYU-Duke volleyball incident has been thoroughly investigated and proven to be a Jussie Smollett type hoax. The player’s godmother is racist activist running for judge who wanted to get her name in the news. It’s a sad commentary on the media when CNN and The NY Times run with the story without any evidence and race baiter’s such as Dawn Staley, Lebron James and Don Lemon propagate the lies but never retract the story when proven to be a hoax
motorhead
2 years ago
Whenever I hear cries of racism I just stop listening. Zero interest in the culture of victimhood. Losers always have an excuse. One thing I would like to know is where is this special place on earth where Black people attain their greatest successes, because from what I see, its in the good ole U.S.A., the pace where people bitch incessantly, but never fucking leave.
skibum609
2 years ago
Ski. Apparently you have not traveled to Africa where blacks have attained unfathomable successes. Uganda, Nigeria, South Africa even, Congo - blacks with massive wealth and success are easy to find, much greater comparative success than blacks in the USA. Quit thinking that good ole USA is the center of the universe. Unless you’re thinking of number of incarcerated or number off criminals or number of guns owned, it’s not even close.
2 years ago
Except for the fact that almost 35% of my current clientele are African immigrants I might believe the success stories. I'd also point out that except for South Africa blacks are about 97% of the population of the countries you mention and 13% here, so the numbers should skew Africa.
skibum609
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion