An argument for reparations

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 10:26 AM
I have posited, for the longest time, that demands for slavery reparations are just demeaning money grabs by political or social hacks. However, I have seen a video which actually makes the closest rational argument in favor of reparations. It does so by properly assigning the fault for slavery, which actually ties into one of the points I've been making about the debate: <script type="text/javascript" src="[view link] the latest video at <a href="[view link]

17 comments

Try this link: https://tinyurl.com/2zdjhrlr
gammanu95
2 years ago
Exactly. They're whinging at whitey not because America and Britain are the most responsible parties, but because they know they can shake us down. America paid reparations at Shiloh, Gettysburg, and Antietam. We did and continue to do for Jim Crow via affirmative action and other preferences. Europeans might be left on a lot of things but they know this woke shit is an Anglophone imposition on the world.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Speaking of baseless money grabs… https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/20/us/desantis-migrants-lawsuit.amp.html This would be like I find a homeless man sleeping on my front porch, I bring him indoors, feed him, give him a shower, and a fresh set of clothes, then put him in an Uber to a homeless shelter. Next thing I know, the ungrateful fuck sues me because he doesn’t find the free accommodations suitable. Send these ungrateful fucks back to Venezuela.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
"The oppressor would not be so strong if he did not have accomplices among the oppressed." ~ Simone de Beauvoir aka Simone Lucie Ernestine Marie Bertrand de Beauvoir ~ Born 9 January 1908 Paris, France ~ Died 14 April 1986 Paris, France
CJKent_band
2 years ago
Wah. Winners win and losers are fucked in the ass by CJ.
skibum609
2 years ago
@skibum609 You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism and racism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter what, when where or who does it or who says it. My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.
CJKent_band
2 years ago
Progressives are more than free to get jobs, save money and give it to whom they please. 10% of the current black population has emigrated here since 2000. Not a racist country. land of opportunity for hard workers who come here legally.
skibum609
2 years ago
'Winners win and losers are fucked in the ass by CJ.' Correction, cj is the fucked in the ass loser.
TheeOSU
2 years ago
^ I think you’re really splitting hairs here now…
shailynn
2 years ago
Yeah that was epic ownage by that lady.
Muddy
2 years ago
@skibum609 Cognitive Dissonance is when You hold a belief strongly because You Want to Believe it (Not a racist country. land of opportunity) And when contrary UNDENIABLE evidence shows up that threatens that belief (racism, white privileged) You will fight hard against accepting that undeniable reality, no matter how obvious it is, because it goes against the belief YOU want to maintain, because your brain can’t reconcile the reality. For example; a mixture of denial and cognitive dissonance is what helps Trump’s supporters suppress the psychological discomfort of facing the possibility of being duped. Denial is a straightforward and primitive psychological mechanism. It is a refusal to acknowledge uncomfortable evidence that contradicts one’s beliefs and attitudes. You are welcome.
CJKent_band
2 years ago
With this being the political forum n' all, I'm not gonna stay but thought the video in the op was interesting. So I googled stuff. 2000 British Naval deaths: https://fullfact.org/online/royal-navy-deaths-slavery/ I'm not putting that link up as fact. It's just something I googled. What I thought was interesting was the lady talking about supply chain. What's awesome about the British elite is that even when they're trying to sound reasonable they still sound like imperial dicks lol. But looking past somebody talking about people like boxes of paper in 2022, that's not how supply and demand works. It's not like Africans had people hanging in cages to place into slavery in anticipation of other nations showing up one day to claim them before there was a market for it. Since we're outsourcing US history to Britain for the day, here's a link from a UK museum about how the transatlantic slave trade got started. https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/history-transatlantic-slave-trade Spoiler alert, slavery was thing before all that happened...but then there's the remixed version of history that some British twat threw up as red meat in an interview.
wallanon
2 years ago
We need reparations so we can take them back to Mexico and make Mexico great again! MMGA
PhatBoyHell
2 years ago
It’s been said Europeans owe Africa reparations for raping the continent of natural resources. Fck that. Diamonds were in the ground for a billion years and the natives were too dumb to do anything. It only took a 15 year old European teenager to figure it out
motorhead
2 years ago
"Reparations" to whom for what?
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
Whites deserve a collective "thank you" from the rest of "humanity" for spreading modern technology, human rights, and civilized ideas throughout the world. Make no mistake I am no fan of the Godless secular "humanist" pseudo-values that the anti-white globalist pseudo-"elite" are peddling
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
I was listening to a Haitian evangelical preacher on Poop Tube a few hours ago. I speK French not for any reason I'm proud of but but simply due to coincidence as I have lived in both France and Quebec in earlier years. Its completely useless where I live and don't tell anyone. Anyway this Haitian dude is speaking Creole but when he is quoting Bible verses I understand everything. These concepts do translate well. I think it may have been John 3:16.
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion