PSA: Florida peninsula in 5-day cone for [possible] Hurricane Hermine

Friday, September 23, 2022 10:39 AM
Too early to do much more than wait for development, but get your gas, water, non-perishables, and batteries before they sell out. [view link]

5 comments

Thanks, we never would have known it was coming. Not like every local news outlet hasn't been salivating for this moment for the past 6 months and hasn't been interrupting programing every 15 seconds with breaking news weather alerts.
Dolfan
2 years ago
gamma is right though. There will be a run on certain things at the grocery store today.
Warrior15
2 years ago
'Tis the season. No sense in worrying about it now. As I've learned over almost a decade living in hurricane prone Florida, track forecasts are notoriously unreliable this far out. I will check back in on it on Sunday to figure out whether I need to take steps to prepare for it.
rickdugan
2 years ago
Do either of you guys live in Florida? Have you seen us on the news? Do we seem like the advance planning & thoughtful type? We should be more worried about the clubs being over crowded because everyone will use "hurricane prep" as an excuse to play hooky at work while they go try to sneak in some pussy. And if the storm actually comes & knocks out power, we'll get a rush of stripper texts asking if we have power and if they can come over.
Dolfan
2 years ago
I am always surprised by how many people don't follow the news. I called a meeting this morning to make sure everyone had received and read the practice Hurricane Plan, and four people were unaware of the TD. I just left Publix, and water was nearly sold out. Thankfully, I filled four 5-gal cans with fuel and stabilizer at the beginning of season. To paraphrase Ron White's emergency plan: if you're in the 5 day cone, go find a helmet. When you're in the 3-day cone, put on the dammed helmet.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion