Changing NFL Teams

Tuesday, October 4, 2022 3:20 PM
I’ve always been someone to to stick by my sports teams through thick and then. Being from the Carolinas my sports teams have had great teams few and far between. I am a die hard sports fan but it is painful to watch this shitty team week in and out. I was considering buying season tickets but can not invest in a bad product. Have any of you all ever switched teams or dropped your favorite team for someone who wins regularly, what some may consider a bandwagon fan. If you have, did you feel any type of regret or disdain?

9 comments

Dugan loves his Jacksonville Jaguars!
Mate27
2 years ago
I never dropped the teams I rooted for growing up, but did start to root for local teams where I live as long as they weren't playing my team. One of those teams moved so I now root against that team. The teams I grew up with were terrible when I first started rooting for them. Eventually, both won multiple championships. It feels good when the team you stuck with through thick and thin, finally comes through with a championship season.
mike710
2 years ago
I have changed teams over the years. But it was mostly because I moved across the country. I'm a Texas boy, moved to Tennessee, now spend a lot of time in Florida. So I have a lot of choices as to who I root for. I usually cheer for specific players rather than a team. I follow the Tampa Bay Bucs now that Brady is there. I liked the Cowboys when Tony Romo was there.
Warrior15
2 years ago
I rep my childhood team, the Cleveland Browns, all the way. The Patriots, I guess I'd rather they win because this city gets in a shit mood when its teams lose. But when Boston fans got insufferable (late Brady years) I rooted for them to eat humble pie.
Tetradon
2 years ago
^ Everyone forgets how much shit Boston sports fans ate for so long before the tide turned. Celtics had gone 22 years before winning in 2008 and that was the best of the four. Bruins hadn't won since Bobby Orr in 1972 before winning the Cup in 2011. The Pats were a joke for most of their history pre-Brady/Belichick, being so bad at points that they didn't sell out home games and we couldn't even watch them on TV because they were blacked out. And of course the Red Sox famously didn't win a win a World Series from 1918 until finally breaking through in 2004. 1987 to 2001 was overall about as bleak as it gets for a city with teams in all 4 major sports. So I consider the last twenty years or so as positive payback for everything we had to suffer through for so long.
crosscheck
2 years ago
@crosscheck, coincidentally those bad years were the years I didn't live in Boston.
Tetradon
2 years ago
I feel your pain about the Panthers booty. Not football but somehow along the way I became a Dodgers fan and have pulled for them all my life. They generally wait until late October/early November to rip your heart out. After all the team slogan has been "wait 'til next year"!
magicrat
2 years ago
I was 3, the last time the Lions won an NFL Championship. I plan on living over a 100 years. Just one more championship will satisfy me (yes, I am a glutton for punishment)!
clubdude
2 years ago
I have been a die hard Bengals and Reds fan since I was a little kid in the mid 80s. I have endured a lot more losing seasons than winning seasons since then but I have never wavered in my support for either or them. I have bounced around a little with supporting various NBA and NHL teams but I never really considered myself a true fan of either sport let alone a particular team. It has always been more supporting a particular player who caught my attention for a while before I got bored with the sport again after a while.
whodey
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion