Food combinations I eat that some people might find strange

Monday, October 24, 2022 10:21 AM
I always grate mounds of Parmesan cheese on my shrimp or chicken Lo Mein from the Chinese take out place. After all, it’s pasta, right?

21 comments

I WANT MORE PARMESAN!!!
gammanu95
2 years ago
I never thought it strange, but we were talking about restaurants last week. There was an American Grilled Cheese Kitchen locally that closed last week. I thought it was a concept problem, but a friend with the county revealed that they had many health code violations and fines. Talking about grilled cheese, I mentioned that my favorite would always be gouda and cheddar, with bacon, pickles, and peanut butter, on sourdough. Everyone looked at me like I was eating mayonnaise straight from the jar. (I've also tried using mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread, but did not prefer the results.)
gammanu95
2 years ago
I have a buddy that eats mayo on his French fries. He said it's a British thing.
shadowcat
2 years ago
I’ve heard about using Mayo in place of butter for grilled cheese but so far haven’t tried it BTW, since I’ve moved “south”, the local Kroger store has Duke’s mayonnaise which I never tried before - according the internet, one should never buy any other brand Duke’s. Haven’t opened the jar - but am anxious to try
motorhead
2 years ago
As I understand it, the rationale for using mayo is that it is mostly eggs and oil, nearly a Monte Cristo or French Toast finish instead of the buttery grill. Also, mayo is easier to spread straight from the fridge and does not need to soften like butter. In addition to lacking the richness of butter, a mayo spread will not grill properly if it is stuck up in one of the holes in the bread. One bite of ungrilled mayo can throw off the whole sandwich.
gammanu95
2 years ago
I like Best Foods mayonnaise. As far as weird combos... I like making quesadillas with leftover Chinese food. Mustard on egg rolls
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
One of the best movie scenes ever covered putting mayo on French fries, in Holland. https://youtu.be/fLIcFP0J5TY
Hank Moody
2 years ago
Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.
skibum609
2 years ago
Mayo on French fries is a general European thing that I've picked up in my travels. Or 50:50 ketchup:mayo. Most European ketchup is weird, like bad tomato salsa. My dad once yelled at my sister and I for putting bacon bits on our spaghetti, but fucking A it was awesome. And this was in the days before bacon-on-anything became a meme.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Ketchup on my mashed potatoes... looks digusting. But hey, you dip your fries in it..
Longball300
2 years ago
Cold pizza
twentyfive
2 years ago
I will dip just about anything in Marinara sauce, except eggs.
shailynn
2 years ago
You’re right SC, but I prefer HP sauce or Vinegar personally.
londonguy
2 years ago
My little brother growing up liked bologna/ketchup/ruffle chip sand which. I didn’t get it, but he loved that shit. Ate it everyday.
Muddy
2 years ago
Ketchup mixed with mayo is a very Utah thing. They call it fry sauce. Not a fan of marinara Cold pizza is good.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches are great.
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
Yes they are, until some asshole adds bananas to them!🤮
ATACdawg
2 years ago
Huh. Peanut butter, bacon, and bananas. I'll have to give that a shot.
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 years ago
Peanut butter and potato chips
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
White wine with steak. Because I do what I WANT.
drewcareypnw
2 years ago
When you’re cooking, you don’t always NEED to use specifically oil or butter, etc, so I use Mayo a lot bc it offers a different flavor. My sister and I call it “fancy sauce.” Lol. I like to break saltines into my spaghetti, like you would into soup. [“at the Olive Garden” is implied to follow this sentence ^^].
PinkSugarDoll
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion