Indoctrination and brainwashing at liberal colleges is real

Sunday, November 27, 2022 7:48 PM
[view link] This is really one of the most pressing issues of our time. When coupled with the crushing debt that many graduates face, it is little wonder how angry and desperate these little liberals have become. I approached college with the primary intent that there was knowledge I wanted to obtain to attain employment in a certain occupation, and secondarily to learn how to think - distinctly different from what to think. How to think included logic, debate, and philosophy to train myself and gain skills in reasoning, discourse, critical thought, and problem-solving. I always pushed back when teachers or fellow students started vomiting politically-driven bullshit during lectures. This earned me a few detractors among the faculty, but more influential faculty respected me and were able to prevent politically-driven attacks from derailing my degree. It is completely unacceptable that faculty in high schools, colleges, and universities should seek to punish students who reject their paradigms, even while respecting and learning the lessons and education.

38 comments

Mt. Holyoke, Smith, Amherst, Hampshire and U. Mass. Amherst were all in the 5-college system when I was in school and if the college in which you were enrolled didn't offer a certain class you could take it where it was offered. There was also some social intermingling, so once a semester a woman's dorm at Mt. Holyoke would invite my frat over for a "mixer". I was still naive as Sophomore, being 18, so on the way I said I couldn't understand why they'd invite us instead of a frat from Amherst. Eddie N then said, "if they meet an Amherst guy, it's like sex with a potential mate and a future. If they fuck us, it's a story they can then tell their friends about the time they fucked a big talking monkey." I have always understood class and money.
skibum609
a year ago
I avoided indoctrination in the best way possible: majored in a hard science. Not that hard sciences can't be politicized, but it's damned obvious and easy to call out when they get into Lysenkoism. As a society, we need to de-sacralize higher education. We need to make it absurd for one to go $300,000 into debt for knowledge that you could just as easily acquire with the internet and a public library. We could forgive all student debt regardless of income (I'm sure Biden would love to buy votes this way), and we'd re-create the same problem in a decade. The problem is structural. We need to dismantle the university-financial racket that funnels them cash and keeps students debt slaves for life. We need to stop letting universities skate on "non-profit" status. Take a look at Harvard's financials and your jaw will drop. Yet they get so much favorable tax treatment from the government. We need to uplift plumbers, electricians, and welders as a society; they're skilled, useful jobs, not just the last resort of someone who couldn't get into Oberlin. Not only do the trades get you into gainful labor rather than making you a debt slave, but they're actually necessary for society to function while grievance studies majors tear it apart. We need to stop requiring bachelors' and even advanced degrees when the knowledge from such a program has no relevance to the job being offered. It's a lazy screening credential that keeps good people unemployed. Yet all I hear is the Democrats feeding the flames via "student debt relief" and Republicans afraid to propose measures like these. If this is a crisis, we're not acting like it.
Tetradon
a year ago
I really want to see the tenure system overturned. Many of these “professors” enjoy indoctrinating the younger generation with their politics without worrying about personal consequences. Since our tax dollars are funding their platforms it’s about time for some accountability.
HannibalSmith
a year ago
Take a look at a university such as Harvard - they are all about “diversity, equity and inclusion” except in one area - their own faculty. Take a cold, hard look at these survey statistics More than 80 percent of Harvard faculty respondents characterized their political leanings as “liberal” or “very liberal” A little over 37 percent of faculty respondents identified as “very liberal” Only 1 percent of respondents stated they are “conservative,” and no respondents identified as “very conservative.” Last month a contingent from Harvard travelled to Washington DC to rally at the Supreme Court to “defend diversity” Liberal hypocrisy at its finest https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2022/7/13/faculty-survey-political-leaning/
motorhead
a year ago
I worked a 6 month contract at Brown University (ivy league rhodes island). Brown students could take every class "pass/fail". If they failed they could retake the class as many times as necessary to pass, and their official transcript only showed the time they passed. When I went to college, if you dropped a class it was a permanent mark on your transcript.
Pussylicker2
a year ago
This is direct from the Harvard website “Harvard's commitment to diversity in all forms is rooted in our fundamental belief that engaging with unfamiliar ideas, perspectives, cultures, and people creates the conditions for dramatic and meaningful growth.” If ZERO percent of the faculty do not identify as very conservative and 80% identify as liberal how can any classroom discussion involve engagement with unfamiliar perspectives ?
motorhead
a year ago
I grew up in and now live in a college town. Growing up I lived in a neighborhood where many of the residents were professors. Today I have one couple, one of which works for the university involving grants and the other is a professor. A guy down the street is also a professor too. Growing up they all were twats and today they are twats too. Why do they all drive Subarus?
shailynn
a year ago
Coz none of you are brainwashed right wingers
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
When I went to college I'd say 90% of my learning I did on my own (via books etc) - most "professors" sucked - even the ones that knew their stuff didn't know how to teach nor seemed to care-about/want/like teaching - I feel I mostly paid for a piece-of-paper. I think with the internet today it may be possible to better-learn and/or have access to better instructors.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
What you're really saying is professors aren't bigots
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
^ During WW2, academic professors were some of the most ardent proponents of the Nazi regime and the Final Solution.
Tetradon
a year ago
At Thanksgiving, my NY City/NYU/Harvard cousin said: This country became wealthy due solely to slavery and as such we will never heal until reparations provide black Americans with an amount of money equal to what white Americans have." I couldn't help it, but I started laughing and couldn't stop. Man o man did she get pissed, but not as pissed as when I said: "that's gibberish bordering on nonsense, is it your theory that America obtained all her wealth through slavery, but that the states that actually had slavery the longest ended up with none of it. If slavery was such an economic boom why is Mississippi #50 and not number one? Why are the states that ended slavery the earliest the richest and the ones that held onto it until the end the poorest? Is that liberal commonsense or just nonsense that was part of your left-wing indoctrination?" The rest of the ivy leaguers at the table proved adept at pretending they were invisible.
skibum609
a year ago
David? The civil war ended with victors justice. Also industrialization was more efficient than slavery. But it was slavery and genocide that created the stage of primitive accumulation which made industrialization and all other subsequent endeavors possible in the US
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
^lol what a buffoon. You used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. What a loser.
skibum609
a year ago
In a lot of creative fields like writing, music and art natural talent, luck and a burning desire to succeed are needed. Formal education can't provide that. I visited a regular yesterday who was a drama major in college. I mentioned I was reading a biography of the actor Robert Mitchum and said the acting teacher Stanislavsky gets mentioned a lot in it and she explained to me who he was. She actually follows his acting method. She then launched into a long complaint about getting turned down for acting roles over and over. There are so many people with degrees in that field that the competition is incredible. The same thing is true of many of the college degree fields.
docsavage
a year ago
@skibum - is that really what you talked about at Thanksgiving dinner? Yikes! Sounds more like Festivus’ Airing of Grievances. Must have had either too much - or too little alcohol. Regarding colleges and liberal thought, institutions of higher learning have always been the haven of liberal ideology. It’s because colleges, especially those small, exclusive, liberal arts colleges in the NE (you know who you are) are simply a fantasy world where one can have utopian thoughts without the burden of real world responsibility - as long as mom & dad are footing the bill. I recall being a lot more liberal in my political ideology when I was in college, before I became faced with the reality of making a living and paying bills and taxes. Nothing wrong with a liberal arts education, or any other degree worthless to contributing to the economy. Just don’t ask me to pay for it. If you are wealthy enough to indulge in your hobby education, knock yourself out. And if you’re worried about indoctrination, I think you’re giving people too much credit.
iknowbetter
a year ago
By the way, I wouldn’t worry too much about Annabella Rockwell. She’s got several billion reasons why she’ll be OK. Funny how the Fox article makes such a big deal about her mom having to pay $300 / day. They spend more than this for lawn care at their Palm Beach mansion.
iknowbetter
a year ago
Enough alcohol at Thanksgiving at my cousin's? He's the wine buyer for the family liquor distributorship. The highlight was the lone pine brewery coffee extract porter. Fucking so awesome it never makes it to the stores.
skibum609
a year ago
Icee if industrialization was more efficient why are companies today still using slave labor?
rickmacrodong
a year ago
heh, it isn't just big name public and private unis/colleges with this liberal propaganda brainwashing. They got it pretty bad at the community/technical college level too. Luckily I went back for something highly hands on/technical so that bs is kept to a minimum this time around. I do remember like a million years ago tho like before I ever danced I tried to take a beginner sociology class in college, and the liberal fucktard propaganda was at a max in that class. I hated that class, and it was so fucking stupid. I couldn't tolerate the bullshit level, and I either never showed up to class or I showed up quite late if at all lmfao. 🤣I ended up missing my final for that class and getting a 0 on that then I met up with the teacher (a bitchy libtardedass old female) and i literally hysterically cried my way from an F up to a D. I also had B's in religion classes, don't even ask LOLLLL. otherwise i was a total A student at all times and am back to that standard again hahahaha.
blahblahblah23
a year ago
All my childhood friends are literally complete libtard brainwashed buffoons. I can't even talk to a lot of them that I go way back with at this point. They also spout this n that about yadda yadda yadda when u literally have no relevant life experience. Go travel a bit, live a little, go on adventures or misadventures, f lol instead of getting ur facts from hearsay/internet/news. Fucking morons. I don't understand these morons that believe everything they are told or "facts/statistics" like just cuz it is said somewhere by someone of perhaps zero or questionable credibility. Sorry, nah. It don't work that way. If a book or the news says clouds are made of marshmallows, we are supposed to believe this shit? lol idite na hui with that shit 🤣
blahblahblah23
a year ago
I said slavery and genocide created the capital that spurred industrialization. Work on your English language comprehension.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I may also add that at the very beginning I had some bitchass foo foo classes for this program that I absolutely had to take for the degree that totally involved profiling the living shit out of all the students. Like I totally made up most things about myself for these classes. I was often high/drunk for those online classes whenever I would write say a fake resume or an essay telling about myself and making up a lot of bs. I feel like my very much crossfaded bullshit essays we really good for these ultra liberal agenda classes I was forced to take. Like I was soooo good at writing politically correctly to the point I was crying/laughing as I wrote my bullshit. Here u go fake profile for u american spies. Thinking u can trick a Russkaya bitch. ha ha ha. good 1. SO my point is these colleges totally gather up profiles on the students these days. I think that is so fucked. again idite na hui w/ that bullshit.
blahblahblah23
a year ago
Slavery created debt and there was no genocide. Stupid Icee does as stupid Icee does.
skibum609
a year ago
Tell the native Americans and African americams
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
You made two fatal flaws that totally discredit your retarded post: 1) You referenced a propaganda piece only posted on Fox Fake News 2) You provide not a single right-wing institution of higher learning that can compete with the superior education at left-wing universities Your post is a big FAIL.
Thick-5-Incher
a year ago
They know I am right Icee.
skibum609
a year ago
"rest of the ivy leaguers at the table proved adept at pretending they were invisible" I would own you so good at a Thanksgiving dinner, Ski-Fagg. I hope someday I can embarrass you in front of your family like the incompetent Trumper stooge you are.
Thick-5-Incher
a year ago
By the way Icee what is an "ameriCams"? Sounds incredibly racist to me.
skibum609
a year ago
>How to think included logic, debate, and philosophy to train myself and gain skills in reasoning, discourse, critical thought, and problem-solving. That is rather hilarious, given you haven't demonstrated any of those skills in the recent political threads, and are now citing a single article from a site itself known for indoctrination and brainwashing, to conclude it's "one of the most pressing issues of our time". Like much on Fox News there is some truth to the matter. They don't create stories out of thin air, but they do excel at presenting isolated stories or opinions to create a perception that something is more prevalent and/or problematic than it really is. I don't doubt there is some degree of what's described in the article going on in US colleges, but I wouldn't rely on Fox News to gauge the extent.
wld4tatas
a year ago
"They don't create stories out of thin air, but they do excel at presenting isolated stories or opinions to create a perception that something is more prevalent and/or problematic than it really is" That's basically the "raison d'etre" of Fox Fake News --- to create phoney controversies out of thin air. Jon Stewart skewered that propaganda network when he went on O'Reilly in 2011 and blasted them for their "selective outrage machine". Stewart also said the entire world could be powered on right-wing hypocrisy and lies. He really slammed them in the gut with that one.
Thick-5-Incher
a year ago
^ Funny that, for everyone "destroyed" by Jon Stewart, they bounce back instantly. The dirty secret is you're getting the same education as you would anywhere else. Same facts, same method of reasoning. You're paying for a fancy credential that looks good around the country club, that's why they say the hardest part of any top school is getting in. If you want to avoid the woke shit, major in something factual. They might try to tell you to can switch your gender at will but a little biology makes that obviously absurd. Or embryology which puts the lie to the Democrats any time for any reason abortion policy. They might try and wiggle and redefine things (like the sex vs gender split that was a fringe idea until very recently), but it's obvious. Pre K there are Barney Initiative and other "great books" style curricula the not only avoid the woke shit but also won't outsource your kids' education to a screen.
Tetradon
a year ago
LALALALALALALALALALALA TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
blahblahblah23
a year ago
People over estimate how much of this is taught in universities. Most people don’t even take gender or racial studies classes and even fewer take multiples. College is a place where you’re exposed to a lot of different people and ideas. It’s scary to.those who have a narrow world view and don’t like to have them challenged. We should also respect people pursuing the trades. However we also should understand that we need some people to have broader educations because we live in a complex world.
boomer79
a year ago
“It’s College is a place where you’re exposed to a lot of different people and ideas. It’s scary to.those who have a narrow world view” Yeah, that’s the way it’s supposed to be - but scroll up and read my must about the political views of the Harvard faculty Students are only exposed to liberal ideas. Zero conservatives! That is NOT diversity of ideas !
motorhead
a year ago
In 2020 I was invited to sit in on dissertations for Doctorate of Education at University of Washington. The level of rracism I heard from the candidates was shocking. "White men can't teach Natives..." Whites can't teach Blacks... Then,at the graduation, the leader of the program comes in wearing a woven reed hzt that, no shit, looked like a waste basket. Then began a tirade claiming the very land the University was on was stoldn from the skagits and then bragged how he and the Chinese woman that was his co professor (who talked on and on about colonialism) had taught the students the evils of the system and they were to "burn it all down". Afterward, I went into the Education building. On bulletin boards there were notices of meetings and pamphlets for SDS. Yes, Students for Democratic Society. Same bunch that kidnapped Patty Hearst, that burned down and blew up buildings in the early 70's. They're back
mtnboy49
a year ago
Universities are a prime example of how mindlessly traditional people are. They began before the invention of the printing press. Thus the focus on lecturing, students originally had no textbooks. The students originally came from families so wealthy they would never have to work. So no need to focus on preparing them for an occupation. I studied IT. I could have learned my trade in a year, but I was forced to spend the majority of my time in classes unrelated to IT. It was a public college, heavily subsidized by the government. That's not bad in itself, because the government gets its money back many times over taxing the higher paychecks. But its not right for taxpayer's money to pay for classes that aren't needed to get that higher paycheck.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
in the spring of 1976 I took a course at college because it was held at night in a neighboring dorm: Dynamics of White Racism. My left-wing roommate was honest and worked hard; he got a c. Lil ole frat boy regurgitated what the stupid fuck liberal teacher said and got an A. I went to college as a non-political person in the fall of 1975 and this course began the ascent into conservatism. If people hate white men so much they should swear off ever using anything invented by a white man .... lol, easier to bitch.
skibum609
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion