Go woke go broke: NBA Version

Sunday, December 25, 2022 6:26 AM
Not a big NBA Fan, but interesting to notice the 3 most woke NBA teams - Steve Kerr Warriors, Pop Spurs and LBJ Lakers are all out of the playoffs in a league that’s easier to make the playoffs than to get a HJ in SE FL club

12 comments

Their current conference standings have literally nothing to do with whether or not they are "woke." Furthermore, all three of those franchises are very far from broke. As a matter of fact, 2 out of the 3 teams you mentioned are in the top 3 of most valuable NBA teams in the league.
NinaBambina
a year ago
Kerr, LeBron, Popovich - the 3 douchebagateers. Yes, I have money on every game today.
skibum609
a year ago
whether they're woke or not, those teams will always have fans in the stands. the spurs are just shit right now. lakers too. it might be time for them to seriously consider transitioning away from the lebron era. the warriors will be ok as long as curry is healthy. without him that team falls apart.
rattdog
a year ago
The lakers being bad has nothing to do with LeBron. Anthony Davis being out and Russell Westbrook being their next best player and also missing time are more significant. LeBron continuing to put up near triple doubles every night and playing like he’s 25 again just doesn’t fit the anti LeBron narrative his haters want to tell.
Hank Moody
a year ago
Curry looks young but he's already 34 - given the age of their superstars, Warriors and Lakers best years may not be ahead of them (although I myself gave up watching woke-NBA back in 2020).
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
"Yes, I have money on every game today." Hahaha that's funny, since the Warriors just won.
NinaBambina
a year ago
Scrub - It will never take as long for the Lakers to rebuild as it would for just about any other team. As soon as they can free up money for a max contract, top FA stars will beat down their door because they just want to play and live in LA. They don't even really need to do anything, they just happen to have the advantage of geography.
crosscheck
a year ago
I'm a proud un-woke, and I'm wondering why we're talking about who's in and out of the playoffs before the halfway point of the season.
Tetradon
a year ago
^^ well, ESPN is already posting “potential” play off brackets But I agree, it’s still early.
motorhead
a year ago
I agree scrub. Going woke has nothing to do with wins and losses. Just mention kneeling and people go apoplectic, never mind that nobody’s taken a knee during an anthem in years. Pretty funny, but the comment section of the WSJ was full of comments in the World Cup articles saying that England lost because they were consumed by being woke because they took a knee prior to kickoff to protest discrimination by Qatar. It wasn’t during the anthem. Just a statement against discrimination by the England soccer team, yet Americans complained about them being woke. Our country has some healing to do.
Hank Moody
a year ago
NINA - If you think gambling is based on whether or not we hate the coach of a team or all the players on the team, you probably shouldn't gamble. Its business.
skibum609
a year ago
^But you said you had money on all the games Christmas day right after you called Kerr, Pop, and Lebron "douchebagateers," so to you, emotions actually DO seem to be brought into gambling. You bet against the Warriors and you lost. Better luck next time.
NinaBambina
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion