NYE - Going Out? Staying In?

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 5:08 PM
For me… for the last 2 years I stayed in so definitely going out this year. I’d actually prefer to stay on the couch watching football and eating pizza but most women like to get dressed up and go out and NYE is the perfect excuse to do it for them… BTW not a fan of how the CFB playoff is on NYE. Hopefully next year it’ll still be on Saturday even though NYE will be on Sunday, which would screw with NFL schedules and airtime.

24 comments

It's been years since I've done a First Night / bar hop with friends, etc. I might wind up at a buddy's house with a few other friends for a small NYE gathering. Or I might stay in. Not sure.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Haven't gone "out" on NYE in probably 20 years. Too many drunks on the road, and me being out there would just be one more. I either stay home, or crash somewhere that I don't have to drive until my hangover's worn off.
misterorange
a year ago
Traditionally we ski on New Year's Eve and day trip. We stay homes- go to bed at 9 - up at 4 and on the slopes at 8. looks like rain this years so we'll be done and home for the 4:p.m. Nfl games.
skibum609
a year ago
Staying in. It'll be overcrowded and over priced. And I'm not seeing much of a holiday mood
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I believe the New Year’s Eve playoffs are part of espn’s tv contract. There’s maybe 7 years left on it but presumably they’ll renegotiate or have already renegotiated it with the expansion to 12 teams. Someone at espn must think it’s a good idea to do it on NYE though. Morons.
Hank Moody
a year ago
I'll be watching the CFB game with some friends from college up in Columbus. We'll either be drinking to celebrate an OSU victory or drinking to drown out the despair of an OSU loss. Either way I'll be taking an Uber back to my hotel sometime in the early morning hours.
whodey
a year ago
Thanks for the pass, scrubby. Happy new year to you
Hank Moody
a year ago
I've been invited to a party at a night club with several dancers and their BF's, sugar daddies and benefactors. the other option is a more intimate affair. Dinner, a show, then back to my place. the first option almost always involves a guy trying to impress by offering to pay for everything. more often than not, he cannot, and the other men need to kick in at the last minute. Or we have to listen to the guy remind us every few minutes that he is paying for all of us. the choice is spending the night with some assholes, dumping a small fortune for food, drinks and a limo I didn't want, all so I can get home as the sun comes up and maybe get some halfhearted action. If I am lucky, I will get to hold her hair as she pukes in the toilet. Did I mention the occasional fight because someone was staring at one of the too much? Or a hot young woman dressed to impress will accompany me to an excellent dinner, music I do enjoy and an overnight session to start the new year off right. To be fair, some of those parties were fun. why risk it? Scrub, what amazing plans do you have?
K
a year ago
I am having OTC with a nice sweet 22yo Eastern European Marilyn Monroe lookalike natural blonde. We will have dinner at a nice fancy restaurant and welcome the new year in a nice hotel suite. Good Times :D
CJKent_band
a year ago
Vegas prices are ridiculous. Clubs are charging at least 10k for bottles. Standing room is like $250. LA clubs suck on nye unless you like feeling like a sardine and or dodging the occasional bullets. Been invited to some parties but don't want to go. I don't like the nye vibes. Might invite a girl over though. Eatch fireworks from my balcony lulz
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Scrub: You made me laugh at someyhing you wrote for the first time in years - not that you were efforting humor!
rockie
a year ago
Small, intimate dinner with friends that gets me home well before midnight. You wouldn't catch me dead in Times Square or at any kind of club on NYE.
Tetradon
a year ago
I've always thought of New Year's Eve as amateur hour and usually avoid going out. I have gone out but it's rare. That last time I went out was when I ended up working in Vegas on NYYE and booked a spot at a party the Cosmopolitan was having. Got there as the doors opened before it was crowded and established myself with a bartender by tipping her a $10 as drinks were included in the entry. I tipped $10 every time and never had to wait for a drink the whole night. Even if I was in the back of the line, she would point me up and serve me.
mike710
a year ago
Out to a steak house with some friends, then back to my old friend's place with his wife a my girl and another couple have a few drinks, midnight champagne toast then home before 1AM. Golf on New Years Day with old friends, then we're all back at my house for steak and Lobster tails on the grill.
twentyfive
a year ago
I hate crowds. So I'm going out Thursday, then again Monday and Tuesday of next week. I actually play on watching some football on New Years Eve. Then going to bed early.
Warrior15
a year ago
I’ll be out strip clubbing this year
Muddy
a year ago
Most likely I’ll be playing poker.
crosscheck
a year ago
I’ll be home with family making my famous cocktail hot dogs wrapped in bacon!!
JimGassagain
a year ago
Alf is a good dude shailynn, he is a good dude
BrotherFogHorn
a year ago
Gathering my ingredients to make my New Years chili for my family!
ATACdawg
a year ago
Pizza and football sounds like a plan. Last time I went out on NYE a brawl broke out in a strip club
motorhead
a year ago
NYE and Valentines Day are known as amateur night in the restaurant world. I’ve done the clubs in big cities, the hotels, with the wife, with friends, solo, almost all were a miserable experience. I have dinner reservations at 7:30 - maybe I stay til midnight, maybe I don’t. Some friends will be there but I have my own table. I live in a relatively small town and a new “adult club” opened up and they’re charging $400 for a table for up to 4 which includes a bottle of wine. Yeah, good luck with that. Prices go up after that for more people and better wine selections. Most people my age in town are at friends houses for NYE, not a lot of people go out.
shailynn
a year ago
Is hosting a party going out or staying in? With temps forecast in the 80s, it's a pool party. I'm grilling out - chicken, burgers, and brats (with a couple of veggie kabobs for some Vegan guests); but it's also a potluck so there's enough for everybody (about 20 adults +kids). Sadly, no strippers. There will be a couple of hot single nurses though, I am looking forward to those bikinis.
gammanu95
a year ago
Bacon!
crazyjoe
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion