RIP: Jeff Beck

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 11:11 PM
Inspired generations of guitar players. Top 5 for sure Rest in peace

18 comments

Damn another one down, I believe he's a double inductee in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, once for the Yardbirds and again for the Jeff Beck Group Rock and Roll Heaven is becoming a thing R.I.P. Jeff Beck
twentyfive
a year ago
Tragic loss! I discovered Jeff Beck when I bought Blow by Blow in 1975 and wore out the grooves of the LP playing it non-stop.
azdd
a year ago
Beck was in the Yardbirds at their peak. He succeeded Clapton and was succeeded by Page in the Yardbirds. What a wealth of talent.
Huntsman
a year ago
RIP one of the rock greats
Muddy
a year ago
I mostly started listening to music in the 1980s – my knowledge of Jeff Beck was when he played guitar for Rod Stewart and he would often be mentioned (in the 80s on Mtv) for his ability as a guitar but I can’t say I “followed his career” per se nor did I know much about him other than some of the acts he played with in the 80s.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
He was truly a legend on the guitar but I'm not sure he would be in my top 5 of all time. Jimi Hendrix would clearly be #1 followed by Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, BB King and probably either Keith Richards or Chuck Berry. Jeff Beck would probably be somewhere in the top 10 along with Eddie Van Halen, Pete Townshend and Stevie Ray Vaughn.
whodey
a year ago
Some newer guitarists to add to whodey’s list include Joe Bonamassa wh I’ve been following for about 20 years and a young Christone Kingfish who I first saw last year, May be the next BB King.
RockAllNight
a year ago
In 2015 put together a list of the top 100 guitarists of all time. And it wasn’t just one guy’s opinion. They put together a rather impressive list of voters Too 5 Hendrix Clapton Page Richards Beck It’d flip Page with Clapton otherwise it’s pretty good. BB King, Chuck Berry, Van Halen, Duane Allman in top ten
motorhead
a year ago
in the late 70's or early 80's if you were to pick out of the 3 between clapton, beck and page who would be the last one to be alive almost everyone would have said beck. he may have been the best out of those 3 on stage in the past 25 years. he's probably jamming with jimi and vaughn right now.
rattdog
a year ago
I first saw Jeff Beck and the Yardbirds in the movie "Blow Up". Their performance ended with Beck smashing his guitar on stage. Beck later auditioned for the Rolling Stones when Mick Taylor left but they decided to go with Ron Wood. My question is, how did Keith Richards outlive Jeff Beck?
docsavage
a year ago
No love for Carlos Santana?
ATACdawg
a year ago
Grim fact about The Yardbirds… Keith Relf, the harmonica player died at the young age of 33. But not a drug OD(as you’d guess) or a car crash or airplane crash — he was electrocuted in his basement while playing his electric guitar
motorhead
a year ago
I'm of the opinion that Beck was a top 5 guitarist, saw him in concert a couple times, RIP
TheeOSU
a year ago
Sad news. He was one of the all time great guitarists. RIP Jeff.
Cashman1234
a year ago
Hard to believe but all the old guys are getting up there Jagger and Richards are both 79 Dylan is 81 Hell, even Axl Rose is 60
motorhead
a year ago
I could not name any song that he has played on.
yahtzee74
a year ago
For Shadowcat...he does a killer version of Bolero
magicrat
a year ago
here's a song that he did in the 80's that blows away anything that clapton and page have done since the 80's and onward. also probably could have given eddie van halen a run for his money. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbULNl6z8Jo
rattdog
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion