USA should "Ukraine" China

Friday, January 13, 2023 9:42 PM
I see an opportunity to suck our other chief geopolitical rival into a bloody and costly military conflict, depleting their armed forces and exposing their weaknesses. As an added bonus, we can depopulate two of the globe's largest polluters. [view link]

8 comments

Eh. Look at the supply chain issues though. We need to make sure that no manufacturing facilities are damaged in the conflict .
Warrior15
a year ago
But but but who’s going to make our iPhones and TVs? Who will I have to talk to in customer service when I call because I can’t fix the clock on my VCR?
shailynn
a year ago
Yeah but think of the shareholders
SanchoRG
a year ago
Biden should run foe president of Ukraine. It's not our fight
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
@Warrior: maybe, but I would look at it as a painful but necessary step to return manufacturing jobs to America @shailynn: Finland made the best phones ever. Bring back the Nokia! My VCR clocks never stopped blinking. I still have two operable VCRs that I never use @SanchoRG: Fuck the shareholders. Again, a painful but necessary step to return the manufacturing of those goods and provision of those services to the States. The shareholders will benefit in the long run, if they are American citizens.
gammanu95
a year ago
Very quietly, manufacturing has been fleeing China at historic speed for the last couple years. Much of it is returning to North America ( high value added to US, low value added to Mexico ). Much is also going to Vietnam and India. China gets most of its energy and food imported by sea. They know that we could blockade them and literally starve them into submission within months. The real estate bubble in China has burst. Homes are sitting empty, people have stopped paying their mortgage, and new construction has ground to a halt. As a result of urbanization and the one child policy, China is aging faster than any other country. They will run out of workers by 2020. As Sun Tzu said, the best strategy is to win a war before it’s begun. We’ve won without firing a shot.
mark94
a year ago
mark94
a year ago
What the U.S. should do is focus on reducing government spending. With all the Boomers retiring, Social Security and Medicare costs will increase. With the debt increasing a trillion dollars a year, interest costs on that debt will be increasing. With our open borders, welfare spending will increase for all the immigrant families that receive more in government benefits than they pay in taxes. Our interventionist foreign policy requires several hundred billion dollars a year spent on the military and there will be yearly increases in that. There isn't any way we can pay for all this, so we need across the board spending cuts. The Vietnam era domino theory that was used to justify overseas interventions turned out to be false. These foreign distractions are just being used to divert our attention from what needs to be done here at home.
docsavage
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion