R/Phoenix community votes on best strip club to take a girlfriend

Thursday, January 26, 2023 4:20 PM
[view link] Winners: Jaguars with 6 votes 2nd place is a tie between Bourbon Street and Christie’s with 4 votes Judging by the number of upvotes on a comment, I probably could bump Bourbon to #1 spot with Jags anyways, but idk. 3rd place is Hiliter and Candy Store with 3 votes (though with a couple of comments that taking her there might cause a break up) 4th Place is Le Girls and Xplicit with 2 Votes 5th Place was a tie between Sugar44, Bandaids, Sonny’s, Crazy Girls, Dream Palace, and Alaskan Bush Extra notes: A commenter who claims he’s a cab driver said that he’s noticed the most couples from Skin, Bones, Dream Palace, and Jaguar’s Supposedly the cheesesteak food truck near the Candy Store has really good food There was somebody who claimed he has only visited Bourbon Street, and considered that club pretty “rough.” And recommended the Portland clubs Sassy’s, Casa Diablo, Acropolis, Devil’s Point, Lucky Devil, and DV8 as great clubs. That must have been Scrubby posting on Reddit there 😁

8 comments

Awww is this where Rick is taking you on your next date? Bourbon Street “rough”? Well is it kinda dumpy on the inside and it’s not in the greatest area, but it is awesome. At least it was awesome before the pandemic.
shailynn
a year ago
Lol! Didn’t read the article, but at least the topic delivers a good laugh. It’s why social media can be so petty and useless for info. Anyway, back in my single days about 15 years ago I met a girl someone set me up with on a blind date. During our meeting for coffee, she suggests visiting Babes down the street. We go there during the afternoon and it wasn’t too busy. This is one of the worst clubs for mongers to attend, but safe enough to bring a “date”. Regardless, I think she had a mental breakdown because she went off into the bathroom and I didn’t hear from her for over an hour. I texted and called her with no replies. I simply left for there was nothing left to do. She texts a couple hours later and asks me “where did you go? I’m sitting at the bar!” Needless to say I stopped communicating with her as soon as I left Babes, and have never returned since. Used to take an ex girlfriend to Christie’s Tempe. She got extremely jealous of the dancers but didn’t let it show until we got home. Lesson learned.
Mate27
a year ago
Ha. I was out with my girlfriend and her friend back in the day and one of my buddies tagged along. We were in DC and were at some of the regular bars near Camelot, which is ia no touch club n one of the nicer areas of DC. The girls got all giggly when they saw the club and wanted to go in. My girlfriend said ‘we can go on stage.’ She’d never been to a strip club before and I figured this was one of the classiest and most innocent places she could go. We sit down and there’s a girl on stage getting started. Once the panties came off, my girlfriend was shocked and exclaimed ‘she’s naked!’ I said ‘it’s a strip club. What did you expect?’ She said she was expecting a thong or something. Lesson learned. Never expect nonstrip club people to EVER relate to what tusclers know about clubs. Indeed, don’t expect non-tuscler strip club goers to relate to what tusclers know and do. This forum desensitizes us to extras. Don’t let your guard down.
Hank Moody
a year ago
I have mixed views on this. Only time I've had fun with a girl in a club is when she's a dancer and we go to her club and hang out with her friends. I've never had a good time otherwise. They'd get jealous. It turned me off when they'd get jealous just because I look at a girl or tip but then they'd be all telling me how they would eat certain girls out. I took a civvie to a club one time and she was like you're looking at them and not me the whole night you think I'm ugly. It's something I don't want to deal with.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Never been to Jaguars but it's not in the best neighborhood. Doesn't mean it's a bad place though. Bourbon seems to have the highest hiring standards so don't know why that would be considered rough. Haven't been to a Scottsdale club in a while but there's a good reason for that. Scottsdale has always had the strictest rules for dancers in the Phoenix Metro area but it might be a good tame place to take a woman. Dream Palace is in the shadow of ASU and Tempe is not as strict as Scottsdale but have never had a desire to try it since I was in college a long time ago.
mike710
a year ago
I'd take my wife to the original Christie's first. It has the best overall layout and main stage. Plus there is a big line up of dancers. Distant second would be either the Candy Store or Bourbon Street Circus.
SirLapdancealot
a year ago
The only way I would take a girlfriend or wife to a strip club would be if it was totally her idea and then I'll just sit on my hands and maybe tip each girl that comes up just a $1. and pay attention to my ogling the dancers. overall i think it's a bad idea to take wife or girlfriend to a strip club.
Jascoi
a year ago
Jaguars is probably the classic make it rain, party experience in the phoenix area. I assume that's what most non stripper girls imagine it's like.
Muddy
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion