Everyone Is Moving To Maryland with McNutty

Sunday, January 29, 2023 4:04 PM
Maryland is pushing for a 4 day work week. https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy7mdw/4-day-work-week-maryland I have tried for ever to do this in my own job, it never works. Several school districts in the US have done this with great success. Several who couldn’t get enough teachers have switched to 4 day work weeks and have gotten flooded with job applications, not to mention the money the districts save buying having schools closed 1 day a week.

8 comments

At the time I retired my work schedule was 3 12 hours shifts followed by 4 days off. I was lucky to get 6 hours of sleep at night on my working days and my first day off was filled with doing all the things that I couldn't do on my working days. Retirement is much better. :)
shadowcat
a year ago
^ would you rather have that or have a regular 5 day work week. I dream of that because I usually don’t get personal crap done during the work week to begin with.
shailynn
a year ago
8 hours a day 5 days a week is archaic and cruel. The ideal would be 3 days but paid for 5.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I’d prefer a 4 and 3 situation too put a little more time in on the 4.
Muddy
a year ago
I'd pull a Lance Armstrong and give up one of my nuts to do 3 x 12s for work. I'd maybe give up a pinkie toe for 4 x 10s.
shailynn
a year ago
I meant to say I'd be willing to give up one of Muddys nuts.
shailynn
a year ago
9-80 work schedule are great because every other week is a 3-day weekend, but you can get more rest on your five day week. So easy to schedule your personal business on that Friday or Monday, and by staggering employee's schedule you keep coverage pretty constant.
gammanu95
a year ago
'I meant to say I'd be willing to give up one of Muddys nuts.' The question is... How'd you end up with Muddys nuts?
TheeOSU
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion