Welp

Monday, January 30, 2023 4:30 PM
[view link] Looks like I can cross SouthSide Johnny's off my list. I do not like clubs where bums/thugs/pimps feel like they need to reenact gangsters from a 90's hood movie. We go to clubs to see titties, ass, and pussy leave that thug crap in the hood!

11 comments

For me, the article is behind a pay wall.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
You have the option to bypass that paywall by checking 'later' in the popup. Anyway, first thing that popped in my deviant mind... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG-Ng1f_xUk&t=1s
TheeOSU
a year ago
CMI you can hit the cancel button and then it allows you to read the article. Here's another link for a different article. https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/crime/people-shot-greensboro-nightclub-southside-johnnys/83-116dbb36-df4d-4915-ac6c-d65752d61af5
booty_lover92
a year ago
I posted a discussion item about this on TUSCL yesterday afternoon. Although there is still not much information available, a Google search shows reports of the shooting were posted in newspapers and on TV news websites all over the country -- and even some abroad. They're calling it a "mass shooting," the definition of which is when four or more people are shot. This one had seven people shot -- six wounded and one dead. As they say, "There but for the grace of God go I" -- I was there just last month.
EastCoaster
a year ago
A lot of southern clubs have gang affiliated promoters and management.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
When your time is up; it's up. Dwelling on it makes people age quickly.
skibum609
a year ago
^Q) Do you know why soldiers keep their head down in a firefight A) Because when your time is up it’s up 🤣
twentyfive
a year ago
Whether I die today; 30 years from now; any time in between, means nothing to me because I will be dead and thus unaware. Simply don't care about, nor fear dying and never have. When your time is up, it's up. On a lighter note, while representing a female skier who was run down and badly injured by a kid, I came across an insurance institute study which tried to determine the mechanics of a ski accident resulting in death or catastrophic injury, as compared to an accident where one gets up, brushed themselves off and continues on. The result? When your time is up, it's up. Really it just depends on where you're pointed at when you fall. P.S. I hit 41 on my slow skis this weekend.
skibum609
a year ago
The article says the club describes itself as upscale and Vegas-style. Then the paper shows the picture of that little shack that is reality.
goldmongerATL
a year ago
Indeed skibum the older I get the less I worry about the inevitable but at the same time, one does not have to put themself in adverse situations. Thats basically saying you would go swimming in a swamp full of alligators just because "oh well we have an expiration date at some point"
booty_lover92
a year ago
That club is more of dive in my opinion
booty_lover92
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion