Beware of Mesero 60

Thursday, February 2, 2023 3:22 PM
Don’t remember his name, but his number is 60. He has somewhat rooster pointy facial features and reddish hair in a bit of a point to complete the look. He started with the $30 wine scam. OK, I can let that go as it has become SOP to try. But then, he tried to pick up a chica’s half-finished beer. He gave me the shrugged shoulders of innocence look when I called him on it. He tried pulling the beer again when it was about a quarter full. I told him to FO and that I wasn’t going to deal with him, but he wouldn’t leave us alone. It was like a challenge to him to get me to buy the next beer for the chica from him. And I did, giving him exact change; no tip. I thought he was going to come unglued. I told him that I had warned him and to FO. I then took the chica arriba and solved the problem for both of us. Most meseros are a pain, but Number 60 is an open wound.

24 comments

The $30 wine thing is really annoying. I have had Maseros pick up the drink and shake it just to make sure it is not empty, but they have neve tried to take a half full drink away. Thanks for the warning, I will avoid #60.
rugrat
a year ago
PutaTester... It's your fault because you didn't speak his native language: Cock-a-doodle-doo!
misterorange
a year ago
If you don't tip the mesero do they benefit it any other way? Do they have other incentives to behave this way?
Redbaron12
a year ago
I am just guessing, but they probably get a few pesos for selling fichas. I do know that they get something for selling food.
PutaTester
a year ago
MistaOrange, how do you know that I don’t speak Spanish? FYI, I do speak enough to get by. And the meseros speak decent English. You would know that if you had ever been there. For your information, “Fuck Off!” In Spanish is “ Vete a la mierda!” You have to get better at your trolls, if you are going to troll me.
PutaTester
a year ago
I don’t think he was trolling you he was just making a joke, chill dude
twentyfive
a year ago
I assume the "Cock-a-doodle-doo" statement was a joke bc u described the mesero looking like a rooster
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
What is the wine scam? Is it a mesero trying to get a custy to buy the dancer a more-expensive wine instead of a beer?
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
I also undestood misterorange to be referencing speaking "chicken" with the cock-a-doodle-coo punch line. How do you say "fuck off" in Spanish?
gammanu95
a year ago
25, Papi, gamma, you are all correct. Mr. Puta's a little on edge is all.
misterorange
a year ago
MisterOrange, when I am wrong, I am wrong. You have my apologies for making the wrong assumption regarding your comment.
PutaTester
a year ago
^^ Haha, no worries bro. Your description of that guy was pretty funny!
misterorange
a year ago
Papi, the wine scam is getting the customer to buy a little $30 bottle of wine for the girl instead of the $10 7 oz bottle of beer that has been standard at Hong Kong for years. I’m just back from a 24 hour trip to Tijuana and I didn’t even stop in HK since I was enjoying the other places. HK is still king by a mile but the other places are a bit more chill.
captainfun
a year ago
Mesero 60 sounds like a brand of tequila.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
the wine is a total ripoff in my opinion. the bottle is smaller than the 200 ml tecate light ficha beer and very weak tasting wine. i took a sip of it yesterday after a amigo took his girl arriba. definitely watered down as bottled.
Jascoi
a year ago
as to mesero 60 i think i know exactly who he is. I'll try to confirm my suspicion today.
Jascoi
a year ago
well... it's not who I thought it was. he has a different number. (or hk changed the numbers again recently. they do that occasionally.) The search goes on for mesero 60.
Jascoi
a year ago
Somewhat unrelated and I’m a rookie at HK but I twice gave eleven dollar bills to a Mesero my first trip there and twice he claimed to have received only 10. I was a bit too overwhelmed with the experience and having too much fun to catch his badge number though. Next trip I’ll have plenty of 10s on hand and be more attentive to the badge number if needed.
Lucidmorning91666
a year ago
^^I always stock up on various demoninations of bills before hitting HK -- plenty of singles for tipping, 5's for drinks ($4 cost plus $1 tip) and dildo insertions during stage shows, 10's for fichas (along with a $1 tip to the mesero) and 20's for arribas. Prefer dealing with exact change, though I've never been shortchanged when I haven't had it. I go to my bank's branch at the outlet mall in San Ysidro. The teller has always a Mexican lady and I have little doubt they know I'm stocking up for HK. LOL!
JAprufrock
a year ago
Sounds like American style service
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I have been surprised at the bars in the bigger clubs are very quick to supply change in US bills. And I’ve never had any issue with the number of bills returned.
a year ago
Ditto. No sense in bringing a wad of small bills when you can get them so easily there. Having said that, though, if I have to break a 50 or 100 I'll do that at the bar, not with a mesero.
booji boy
a year ago
I have a few mesero's that I trust for correct change. otherwise I do go to the bar at the north end for getting $100 worth of ones. finally, Monday I stumbled across number 60. and yes he does have unusual hair peaked at the front but I did not engage him for waiter services. and I forgot to note his name.
Jascoi
a year ago
On my only (and last) visit to TJ, it seemed like the strippers were under way to much pressure to drink to excess. You should have a target number of minutes you expect for each ficha (wear a cheap wrist watch). If you get your time, see it as a plus if she manages to get away with only drinking part of her drink before it's taken away.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion