Bad Night

Sunday, February 5, 2023 5:03 PM
Last night was not a great night for me. From the new bartenders begging for tips for one beer to the waitresses telling me I could only use cash, and the girl at the front giving me lip and attitude when I complained of my experience with the staff. This really pissed me off. I am a frequent and regular customer and while I don't spend thousands of dollars on my visits like an idiot I take care of any dancer that I spend time with. One do not assume that I am going to tip you for giving me change, that is stupid. Im highly considering not frequenting PW in Columbia for a while.

31 comments

This sounds like the perfect opportunity to try other clubs.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Platinum West was a good club until The few remaining Platinum Plus clubs were sold to Deja VU.
shadowcat
a year ago
So you bought a single beer, had to have your teeth pulled to tip for service, got upset because you weren't ordering enough to meet the club's credit card minimum and, as icing on the cake, whined to door girl about the staff? 😆 Hey look I'm not trying to be an A-hole (whether I am or not lol), but they're not exactly erecting a statue in your honor either. The bartenders and waitresses don't get paid anything beyond the minimum server wage rate, which is peanuts, so they're working for tips. IME throwing the serving staff a couple of bucks for helping you out is a very small investment in ensuring a good club experience, especially in a place that you frequent. Just sayin.
rickdugan
a year ago
“From the new bartenders begging for tips for one beer . . .” OK, wait a minute. So you ordered a beer, paid for it, got change, and then didn’t tip the waitress/bartender? What kind of cheapskate are you? I’m tired of more and more people having their hand out for tips in places that you never tipped before, like fast food places, self-service places places, etc, but it’s been a basic norm forever that in bars and restaurants that you tip for service, whether it’s one beer or a full course meal. If you pay by the drink, you tip by the drink, or you run a tab and tip at the end. But if in a bar or restaurant, you tip when you pay for the service. I wouldn’t blame them if they barred your cheap ass from the club.
doctorevil
a year ago
I tip bartenders all the time but don’t tell me to tip. It is not an obligation.
booty_lover92
a year ago
I always tip double on my first round, to get the bartenders' attention, $1/drink each round thereafter, and double again when I leave if the service was good. I can afford to (it's not much at all), and a happy bartender will remember your face, your drink, and help you out in future visits. It's just a smarter way to go.
gammanu95
a year ago
Cacaplop you're running out of material. Paying cash and tipping are kinda normal at any bar
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Please clarify... Did you tip the bartender for that beer you ordered without being asked? Also, was the waitress adhering to club policy about only paying in cash, or did *she* not want to process a credit card? Was the "girl in front" a dancer, a cashier, coat checker, or a manager?
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Complaining about a strip club being cash only though 😭😂😂
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
"I tip bartenders all the time but don’t tell me to tip. It is not an obligation." That's true if you get bad service. Otherwise, it pretty much is an obligation. Also, if you're going cheap on tipping, then maybe strip clubs are outside your budget. I'm starting to wonder if this remains an opportunity to try another club, but more so that you fade from the memory of your regular club's staff.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
If you get bad service address it and see kf they fix it
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
If you order a single drink and don’t tip, whether asked or not, you are instantly marked as an asshole. The staff will spread the word quickly and they will ensure you don’t want to stay. But hey, you saved two bucks and stood behind your principles. You won, bro!
Hank Moody
a year ago
Unfortunately, some guys that go to clubs are extremely cheap, literally broke and shouldn't be going to SC's in the first place. Staff are in a bad mood when some douche orders a water and just occupies a chair for a couple hours, not even tipping the girls. The more you spend, the better the employees will treat you. It sucks, but that is the way it is. Money talks. I was at a club last night. I was the only guy tipping the stage, buying dancers and staff drinks, doing several VIP rooms etc. Needless to say, people were bending over backwards to serve me, practically treating me like a celebrity. The manager even came out and started talking to me and asking me what kind of work I did after my second exit from the VIP room. The next time I went back, he gave me a free ten minutes with my dancer on top of the fifteen I paid for.
sinclair
a year ago
About 30 years ago I made my one and only trip to the Atlanta Cheetah. It happened to be Halloween night. I sat at the bar and overheard the male bar tender tell 2 Asian men that it was the custom in the U.S. to tip the bar tender. Was he right to tell them?
shadowcat
a year ago
Why would a bartender have to beg you to tip. I don't think I have ever bought a drink at a bar and not tipped the bartender. As for having to pay cash, most clubs (and a lot of other businesses) have a minimum you have to buy to use a debit or credit card. That is due to the fact that Visa/Mastercard/AmEx or whatever other card you are using charges the business to process the transaction. That fee is often a percentage of the amount processed but their is a minimum fee so it doesn't make financial sense for a business to have to pay a fee for just one beer. The way I see it, if you are so tight with your money that you can't tip a bartender/waitress every time they bring you a drink maybe strip clubs aren't the right hobby for you. The same goes if you don't have enough cash on you at the beginning of a strip club visit to have it not be an issue if you have to pay cash for your one beer. Keep in mind that strip clubs are an extremely expensive hobby that usually involves the need to carry a fair amount of cash with you for each visit. As for the girl at the front whom you complained to, what is her job? If she is a manager that is the right person to talk to about your complaints. If she is just a front door girl / cashier or a coat check girl there is no reason for you to whine at her about what the bartender or waitress did. That isn't her job so I don't blame her for giving you an attitude if you were whining like a little bitch to her.
whodey
a year ago
There have been a number of times when I've been in a strip club where I've done no stage tipping. I'll sit through a stage rotation and maybe a bit longer to see if any late stragglers are coming into the club I might like and if I don't see anyone then I leave. This isn't because I'm a cheapskate. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars in strip clubs. I just save my money for stage tipping girls I want to do lap dances with and for the actual lap dances themselves. If a strip club is charging me to get in and they only have unattractive strippers in the club, I don't think I have an obligation to tip those girls. They have an obligation to give me value for my money and they are not meeting their obligation. As for tipping strip club waitresses, that pretty much is considered standard if you bought a drink, so I do that. Sometimes staying on the good side of waitresses is helpful. On a recent visit I asked the waitress what time the night crew shows up. I've had several times where I asked a waitress about a regular that I couldn't find, and she told me that particular dancer was no longer working in the club.
docsavage
a year ago
You guys are idiots. I said I always tip. But before I could even right my tip the broad says make sure you take care of us bartenders like I wasn’t going to or I was a cheap skate. I always tip 20-30% but don’t ask me to tip that is an unspoken language. That’s like going out to dinner and your server:waitress says make sure you take care of us waiters. I’ve never heard that.
booty_lover92
a year ago
Doesn't sound like OP is being straight with us. This is what he wrote: "new bartenders begging for tips for one beer." I read that as the OP thinks he shouldn't have to tip for one beer. I don't see any other way to read it.
doctorevil
a year ago
We’re idiots because you can’t write clearly? And if you were so put off because she said make sure you tip it sounds like you were being a bit sensitive. I’ve let way worse slide. Strip clubs have enough drama. I don’t need to add to it or be in the middle of it. I’m there to have a good time. Tips on my drinks are the cheapest expenditures I’ll have all night.
Hank Moody
a year ago
@Booty: "You guys are idiots." - Sure. This is true. Moving on... "I said I always tip." - Good. This clears up a misconception that your original post left ambiguous. There is no mercy for non-tippers, obviously. "But before I could even right my tip the broad says make sure you take care of us bartenders" - I'm not sure what you mean by "right", but I guess "write"? If a bartender is being an ass about asking for tips before you even get a chance to WRITE the tip on the card slip, that is out of line. I might warn them by saying "I'm about to give you a standard 20% tip, do you want to change that by hassling me?" I would zero tip or 1% tip a bartender who continues to be an ass. "like I wasn’t going to or I was a cheap skate." - Honest question: did you do anything else to give folks the impression that you were a cheapskate? Even unintentionally?
drewcareypnw
a year ago
===> "But before I could even right my tip the broad says make sure you take care of us bartenders like I wasn’t going to or I was a cheap skate." And you instantly took it personally, hence the girly outrage. Did it ever occur to you that she says that to anyone she doesn't recognize as a matter of practice? Did it also ever occur to you that the reason she does so is because there are too many guys who actually won't tip unless they are shamed into it? Maybe they don't see you as the highly valued regular that you believe yourself to be. 😉 Now of course it's also entirely possible that she said it to you because she DOES recognize you. 😂 If that's the case, perhaps think about what you might be doing that is earning you a bad rep as a cheapskate. Btw why in the world did you think that the door girl would give a shit about your complaints? She's not management, but just another staffer trying to get through a night dealing with all sorts of obnoxiousness. I also bet you neglected to drop a couple of bucks in her tip jar on the way in, which probably just increased what would have already been her natural hostile response to your whining. Cowboy up dude. A little love goes a long way with the staff and being hypersensitive to girls just trying to earn their nut (whether they are strippers or bartenders) is both pointless and extremely counter-productive. You can bet that the door girl and the bartender were laughing about your whining at some point later that night. You did yourself no favors by getting worked up over such a silly issue.
rickdugan
a year ago
Yup I need to start checking my emotions at the door. At the end of the days these ppl don’t give af about any of us. Just our wallets, so business it is.
booty_lover92
a year ago
"before I could even right my tip the broad says make sure you take care of us bartenders like I wasn’t going to or I was a cheap skate." This is confusing considering you said they made you pay cash for the beer, so what is there to write (I assume this is what you meant when you wrote right my tip) when you are paying cash. It should take less time to hand her a couple of bucks from the change she is giving you than it would take her to ask you to take care of the bartenders. If there was some sort of delay between her giving you your drink and your change that probably explains why she assumed you weren't going to tip. They are used to people either tipping instantly or not at all.
whodey
a year ago
No judgement towards the OP because I've definitely been guilty of bringing negativety into the club over minor infractions. I've learned to never say anything negative about anything. It's always "I'm having a great day. All you ladies are wonderful and I love this club." I ask for a set amount of dances and am not real concerned when they start or if they are a song short. If the trespass is too egregious, I just never get dances from them again. I tip servers handling my food and drinks generously regardless of promptness because....well...I'm ingesting it and .. enough said. I wasn't always this cavalier but it's increased my enjoyment of clubs immensely.
Lone_Wolf
a year ago
This js a typical cacaplop thread. Like his thread about being a creep at the club. He solicits replies. Pretends to leave things out. Then adds stupid details. Thinking he's clever when he's a lil bitch.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
===> "At the end of the days these ppl don’t give af about any of us. Just our wallets, so business it is." I'm confused. Do you work at the club? Are you a club vendor? If not, then why would this be "business" to you? This also segues nicely into the point that if the money means as much to you as it does to them, then you're in the wrong place. I'm not suggesting that you spend with wild abandon, but that you should only be clubbing with money that you don't mind spending. That includes budgeting for the reality that the people facilitating your fun don't work for free.
rickdugan
a year ago
You should still go to another club...
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Just out of curiosity, did you tip the door girl? 😏
ATACdawg
a year ago
boot_lover guide to tipping: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ2oTzQ-J9I
misterorange
a year ago
I’ve read the posts in this discussion and I’m still unclear on what actually happened to upset the OP. I don’t think anyone treated him with disrespect. But, his story doesn’t give a good depiction of what occurred.
Cashman1234
a year ago
This thread is an instant classic. What not to do after you had a bad night at the club? Come to TUSCL looking for sympathy lol.
wallanon
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion