The Super Bowl Thread

Tuesday, February 7, 2023 9:21 PM
Who you like? Whatcha Eating? Were you going? Hoping I get to watch it undisturbed in my man cave with tacos and bourbon, but my friend will txt me on Friday night “hey want to come to my party” and I’ll look like an asshole if I don’t go. It’s a good time but you can’t focus on the game. I like Philly, but this will be close. Everyone will be on the Over so I like the Under. Philly 1H doesn’t sound bad either. Tons of prop bets out there - crazy ones - if I have time I’ll link some that I’ll tail just for fun.

14 comments

Hard one to pick, Philly has to be the favorite though, I expect a few friends over, I'll probably grill a few steaks and we'll make a party out of it.
twentyfive
a year ago
I don't root for either team and I'm not betting on the game so I'm just hoping for a good game that comes right down to the end. I'll be watching it at a buddy's super bowl party. They usually have a pretty good spread of food since everyone brings something. I'm making my Bourbon and Brown Sugar Bacon Chili to bring to the game.
whodey
a year ago
I don't care about either team. But I think the eagles will win
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Every year I say I'm just gonna sit home and watch, maybe have one or two people over. Every year it turns into 5 or 6, then by halftime there's 20. So once again this year, I'm gonna sit home with one or two people over. I've got a dozen racks of ribs and a little brisket on order to pick up on Friday though, so we'll see how it goes.
Dolfan
a year ago
Some buddies of mine are huge Eagles fans so we are making a guys trip out of it. We are flying out tomorrow. Seats on the 25 yard line left of the Eagles bench.
Daddillac
a year ago
How is Mahomes' ankle ? If he's healthy , the Chiefs have a chance. If not ................. The Chiefs are not good at stopping running QB's. Hurts is a very good running QB. I'll be sitting at home watching with my youngest son. I'll probably be working at the same time with my laptop open.
Warrior15
a year ago
I'm all about the Super Bowl party, I really give no fucks about the game. I just want booze, food, and fellowship. This year it's a neighbor's house down the block. He used his COVID savings and Ian insurance to fund a massive mancave in his back yard. Pocketing sliders on three sides practically turn it into an open air bazaar with indoor/outdoor kitchens, a firepit, 8.2 sound system, and massive whitewall for his projector. I'll be bringing a couple dozen hand-built 1/3lb brisket/beef/sirloin burgers with artisan muenster and havarti cheeses to cook over there. I'm even thinking about taking my sourdough starter out of the freezer to make homemade sourdough buns, but that's a lot of work.
gammanu95
a year ago
I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Philly!
misterorange
a year ago
Heading to a buddy’s house to watch with maybe 6 other couples. Food will be good rooting for KC, but if I decide to bet on philly that will change how I watch. Really excited to see Rihanna. I’m a big fan and it’s been forever since she’s put out music or been in the spotlight outside of her fashion line.
Hank Moody
a year ago
Philly wins. Better defense. Ski either Steamboat or Winter Park in the morning then watch it in a bar with my wife and win nothing on our squares.
skibum609
a year ago
I think the Chiefs will take it. I'm not doing anything, I just don't get psyched up for sporting events that don't involve any of my teams.
Muddy
a year ago
^ I hope you’re not going to be sleeping in your car at some random truck stop on another strip club binge eating a bag of Cheetos during the game!!!
shailynn
a year ago
It's not a big event for me so I won't do anything special. I will likely be working Saturday and possibly Sunday so free weekend time will be limited. But I do intend to watch the game and it doesn't matter who wins I just want to see an exciting contest.
TheeOSU
a year ago
I’m a Giants fan - and I can’t stomach an Eagles win. I agree with misterorange! One of my daughters attends college in Pennsylvania - and it’s just miserable to see all those Eagles fans so happy and excited. I am planning to keep it low key and watch at a friends house. He and his wife love cooking. They put out a great spread. While they cook, I take the dogs outdoors and run them around. Once the dogs get back indoors by the fireplace, they sleep for most of the game.
Cashman1234
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion