Forget superbowl odds! We want democrat party nominee odds

Tuesday, February 7, 2023 11:01 PM
Let's just acknowledge the plain fact that everyone knows in their gut: Joe Biden is the worse president ever. More inept than Carter. Less rational than W. More corrupt than the Clintons. Worse instincts than Obama. More partisan than Trump. He is the validation for every argument for term limits and mandatory retirement in government. He could not even assemble a decent cabinet. And it's not just me saying that: [view link] only 42% of Americans find Biden to be "honest and trustworthy," ... "most people, on every single issue, feel terribly about where we are. From an economic perspective, a national security perspective on immigration, as we saw those numbers he is underwater on every front," argued Carter. There is no justification for him to seek reelection, and every reason not to. So, democrat party supporters of TUSCL, I would love serious responses from you for who you would like to see run in 2024. Maybe who you think will win if it is someone other than your preferred nominee. You know Kamala will take another shot if she can (hilarious, I know). Swalwell and Schiff, Buttigieg again, Sanders-of course. We all know Biden will never to do the right or smart thing, so I would think he will run again. Hell, even Hillary might try one more time. If I were a democrat party voter, I think my preferred candidate would be... a governor. Strictly being a legislator (Senator or Representative) does not provide a candidate with the Chief Executive experience necessary to govern the nation. I am also trying to think of a successful democrat governor of a major state, which is really fucking hard. I guess John Carney of Delaware has the right background mix, but Delaware is such a sad, inconsequential little state. Gavin Newsom might seem like an easy pick, but California has just been one major disaster after another under his tenure. So, I would think that John Carney would be the least bad choice, but I think Joe Biden will run again. He just doesn't know any better.

21 comments

We have an age limit on the lower end. We need an age limit on the upper end. I"m gonna say we do not want a person elected that would turn 80 before the end of that term. So 76 at election time would be the upper limit. Yes, I am going to include Trump in this limit. The RNC needs to move forward also.
Warrior15
a year ago
I think JB 'Jelly Belly' Pritzker will run. He is in the same boat as Any-Twosome Newsom: governor of a state that has taxed itself to death and is losing population. Unlike Biden and Harris, Jelly Belly can actually put together a coherent string of sentences. I think you also have to look at former first lady Michael Obama. The Obamas could run the country for a fourth and fifth term once they pull the plug on the basement hologram. Pete Buttibanger would be popular with the LGBTQ+pedos and EV-driving white liberals, but the blacks don't seem to like him. Democrats got to pander to feminists and baby-killers too, so maybe Amy Klobuchar takes a shot. Supposedly, Biden was going to choose her to be his vice president in 2020, but she didn't check off the minority woman box.
sinclair
a year ago
CONSIDER THE SOURCE...Fox News. If they say sunny skies, be prepared for rain...
CostaTheCrazyGreek
a year ago
Has Pritzker announced an attention. I considered him and his record and, prior to governor, he has no elected experience. He has only ever been a democrat party hack. That's perfect for gov of IL, but he has no accomplishments to run on.
gammanu95
a year ago
Good topic, aside from the garbage in your opening paragraph. It's a bit early for me to provide a strong opinion, I haven't given it much thought. There is no strong alternate to Biden right now, like a DeSantis on the Dem side. Sanders or Warren, nope. A governor would not be a bad choice. I've heard Phil Murphy mentioned and I think he could be a contender if he runs. Will have to circle back on this later in the year.
wld4tatas
a year ago
If Biden doesn't go 2nd term I think he will, but if not and Gavin Newsom runs he'll probably go far. He's a fucking retard but he's a handsome dude and the electorate in the US votes on stupid shit like that.
Muddy
a year ago
Biden is more apathetic to Americans than Reagan bush or Trump put together. Any candidate would be better than Biden or Harris Newsom would be an amazing president or Sanders. AoC Ilham Khan....
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I'm watching the Puppy Bowl. Fuck all this shit.
Dave_Anderson
a year ago
What’s even scarier than Biden, is that Bernie will run again. And given no clear front runner in the Party, don’t be surprised to see him win. The GenZennials love his free shit
motorhead
a year ago
Biden wad promising free everything last night. Where is all of this money going to come from? Who's going to pay for all this free shit?
gammanu95
a year ago
He didn't promise anything
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I thought it was a mistake for Biden to acknowledge Mitch McConnell as one of the longest serving senators. That’s something that largely benefits McConnell more than most others. The optics of acknowledging the length of service don’t fit currently - as it reminded me of the need for term limits.
Cashman1234
a year ago
She's noticeably longer in the tooth, but still a GILF. Bring on 2024! https://news.yahoo.com/marianne-williamson-teases-important-announcement-195324097.html
gammanu95
a year ago
Politics should be a public service not a lucrative career where you get rich granting favors to corporations
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
I think the Democrats should pick Tulsi Gabbard. She is against endless wars and a blank check for the Defense Department and the military-industrial complex. The Democrats had been for reductions in military spending in recent years, but this changed with the election of Trump and the exodus of large numbers of neocons out of the Republican party over to the Democrats. Spending less on the military and foreign policy interventions like Afghanistan or now the Ukraine and more on improving the lives of people here in this country should be a goal for the Democrats.
docsavage
a year ago
Tulsi Gabbard quit the democratic party back in Oct, 2022.
shadowcat
a year ago
"Tulsi Gabbard quit the democratic party back in Oct, 2022." They should talk her into coming back and make her their presidential nominee. Instead, they'll pick someone like Gruesome Newsome, governor of a state that has lost half a million people over the last three years as they flee Democrat rule.
docsavage
a year ago
Maybe Tulsi Gabbard and Lauren Boebert can do an ad in bikinis - with holsters for their handguns? I’d watch it - and if Marjorie Taylor Green was cleaning a shotgun in a tight skirt in the background - that would be enjoyable. Biden is not a good leader. His cognitive decline causes him to act too abrupt and not properly debate/discuss the issues. He’s like an old angry guy - who should be left to sit on his front porch and yell at folks passing by. He should not be our president.
Cashman1234
a year ago
The idea that Dems would support Tulsi Gabbard is hilarious. She is denouncing the Democratic party all over the place.
wld4tatas
a year ago
Without some earth shattering scandal that even the Dem-run media can't spin, it's going to be Biden. Buttigieg? Can anyone be worse at their job than Mayor Pete has been at his? Harris? She checks the Dems' equity obsession buckets but has all the charisma of a brick. Klobuchar? She's become all but invisible. Newsom? Too California for the swing states, and all his repeated no's are backing him into a corner. Polis? Intriguing dark horse, but isn't building a national profile. Pritzker? He's Newsom, less the charisma, plus morbid obesity. Sanders? LOL, the perennial no-hope candidate just wants his pet issues front and center. That's all he's ever run for. Whitmer? All the COVID hypocrisy would come back and bite her.
Tetradon
a year ago
(Part 2, to address others up the thread) Abrams? As a Republican, I love watching Dems toss money down this perennial loser money put. Michelle Obama? She's not acting like it. I think this is a few Dems' wet dream. Murphy? Doesn't have a glaring weakness, but I don't think Dems want to run a deep blue state governor, not when these states are bleeding population to Florida and Texas. O'Rourke? Make Abrams a manchild and subtract the diversity checkboxes. Warren? Tin-eared Lizzie is going nowhere and excites no one. It's going to be Biden, who barring a major improvement in the economy, would lose to every major Republican candidate except one. Now let's see if the Republicans shoot themselves in the foot.
Tetradon
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion