LeBron Surpasses Kareem All-Time Leading Scorer

Wednesday, February 8, 2023 3:29 PM
Whether you like him or not, gotta admit, guys been in the league for 20 years and he’s never gotten into any trouble, and he gives back to the community. Good article about last night. If you didn’t know, he does not get along with Kareem and they’ve both been a bit childish about their differences. Check out this article from USA TODAY: LeBron and Kareem took different paths to meet expectations and become icons | Opinion [view link]

24 comments

I saw Lebron encouraged the hype after he scored by jumping into the crowd. If he was a true professional he would have carried that enthusiasm over to help his team defeat a fledgling below .500 opponent. I guess he blew his load celebrating his individual accomplishments at the expense to his team suffering another loss. The west is down this year, so they can make the playoffs. I doubt it tho.
Mate27
a year ago
I appreciate his role in bringing a championship to Cleveland but I will never forgive or forget the way he left. lebron has always been about himself. Fuck lebron!
TheeOSU
a year ago
Doesn’t matter whether you like him or hate him, he’s an absolute legend with amazing talent. One of the best athletes ever.
twentyfive
a year ago
Just my opinion "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COoFvIDzEIk"
shadowcat
a year ago
I remember back when Kareem was Lew Alcindor and I remember reading his biography as a kid. I was amazed at his scoring ability at UCLA under Coach Wooden. But, I didn’t agree with some of his political views. I also remember LeBron and how he was hailed as the next great in the NBA. He came right out of high school, and it wasn’t the historic path to NBA greatness. He’s done A LOT for LeBron. Even though the NBA is comprised of teams, it’s not necessarily a team environment. As the NBA has morphed, it’s become a league of individuals, some of who played team basketball in college. I think the charity work LeBron does is exemplary. His social media comments on events of the day, are one sided and sometimes inflammatory. That’s where I think his reputation gets damaged. He’s one of the all time greats, I agree. Has he moved the NBA forward? I don’t think so. He doesn’t generate a buzz like Jordan, or a Pistons/Bulls, or a Magic/Bird type of interest.
Cashman1234
a year ago
I disagree with your last point Cash. I have fond memories of the Jordan era. He broke my heart as a Knicks fan many times but it was easy to marvel at his greatness. But, those are some rose colored glasses about the ‘team approach’ in the Jordan era. That era was all about isolation basketball and putting your superstar 1v1. LeBron’s greatest skill was always as a creator, making his teammates better. His assist numbers confirm it, but so does the eye test. His teams always moved the basketball and this new era of Golden State’s style was built off of what LeBron did. He was always more Magic or Pippen than he was a scorer like Jordan. The fact that he transformed his game to be the scorer that he has become is a credit to him. He also is a fantastic rebounder and was a great defender, though his defense has definitely declined significantly as he got older.
Hank Moody
a year ago
I agree with Jimmy about one major point, LeBrons greatest skill was making his teammates better.
twentyfive
a year ago
I look at Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird as players who made their teammates better. I do not see LeBron that way. Great player to be sure, but no way the best ever and quite frankly he was lucky to play in the NBA when it became softer than puppy shit, because his travels down the lane would have gotten him his head chopped off by guys like Charles Oakley and Kermit Washington. He was a high school guy playing against Junior High kids imo. If I add in having to listen to this stupid man's politics then fuck LeBron, a selfish piece of shit beyond belief. His charity work is all publicity oriented. Real charity is not a news event.
skibum609
a year ago
I thought this guy was a jerkoff ever since he said, "Ima take my talents to Souf Beach". When Muhammad Ali used to talk trash it was entertaining and humorous. Part of his schtick. LeBron just seems like a narcissistic scumbag.
misterorange
a year ago
That’s fine orange. Most haterz typically point to The Decision or LBJ’s comments on China when they want to take him down a peg. As long as you balance it with the fact that he was 25 when he did that and has otherwise lived an exemplary life. Still married and a father. No cheating on his wife like Magic or Jordan. No drugs or alcohol or gambling or causing shit in da club. Super duper successful in his off the field business investments. He literally built a private high school that is free to attend and then is paying for hundreds or thousands? of kids to go to college. But yeah, when he left for the Heat, that was despicable.
Hank Moody
a year ago
Wow. I think the exact opposite of Lebron. He never makes his teammates better. And he needs a great team around him to actually win. All of his championship teams were manufactured super-teams full of all-stars. When he doesn't have that extra talent around him, then he doesn't win. And he blames team management for not getting him the right teammates. And no way can Lebron be characterized as a good defensive player. Michael Jordan was one of the best defenders ever. Not Lebron. FUCK Lebron.
Warrior15
a year ago
Ehh, whatever. Shaq gives back a lot too but he's a nicer guy and doesn't make a big thing of it.
misterorange
a year ago
Shaq has a better image. Remember when Kobe got arrested for fucking that 19 year old in the ass against her will and told the cops that Shaq was cheating on his wife? Great teammates and great people!
Hank Moody
a year ago
You can't compare the greats to modern Era players. It's a completely different game. And this goes for most sports. I think there should be categories based on the different eras and an explanation of why.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Kareem and LeBron - both dominant, great players. It doesn’t mean you have to like either of them. I liked LeBron when he played for the Cavs, but not after that. I never like Kareem. He’s pretty well renowned for being an unlikable person
Studme53
a year ago
Never been an NBA fan but I respect the skill and talent it takes to stay at the top tier of anything, especially pro sports, for as long as he has. I don't follow it closely enough to know how he ranks in the pantheon of all-time greats but he has to at least be part of the conversation.
whodey
a year ago
I respect what he's done as a player and how long he's done it - impressive how he's never lost significant-playing-time due to injury after such a long career especially given his aggressive-playing-style - and impressive how he's remained a top-player even 20-years-in and not much of a drop-off - but he seems to bring-drama to every-team he's on and seems to wanna be a poor-man's Mohammed Ali social-justice warrior/icon and he seems to wanna fashion himself as some kind of intellectual that is more "enlightened" than anyone else.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
He might be the most gifted athlete of all time absolutely in the 21st century. He's been the best in his sport for 20 years now, that's long a time. That all being said, he still a woke idiot.
Muddy
a year ago
I thought Wilt Chamberlain claimed the all-time scoring crown for NBA players at 20,000. Different metric, I guess.
Huntsman
a year ago
And in other news….Adam Vinatiera is the all time leading scorer in the NFL, and he’s not the GOAT either
motorhead
a year ago
Ye criticizes Jews and is viciously attacked by the media, debanked, cancelled and excommunicated from society. LeBron criticizes whites as badly or worse and is rewarded with even more advertising contracts and hero status.
Dave_Anderson
a year ago
It we are talking about talent he would have to be in my top ten all time. There are players I considered more valuable to their teams. Tim Duncan, Magic Johnson, Jon Stockton, Dirk Nowitzky and Michael Jordan are a few that come to mind.
Specialj
a year ago
Oh and how can I forget one of my all time favorite players Dwayne Wade. He was the closest I’ve ever seen to Jordan and how he could literally take over a game.
Specialj
a year ago
Dwyane Wade (yes it’s spelled ‘Dwyane’) was a favorite of mine. As great as he was and he was great with Shaq, and later LeBron, Wade’s career is just another example of how great LeBron is. They all got drafted together. The top of that draft was LeBron, Carmelo, Wade, Chris Bosh and Darko Milicic. Excepting Darko they all had great careers and LeBron has outlasted them all and is still playing at a super high level. Just amazing. We’ll see if D’Angelo Russell can help the lakers turn it around for the playoffs. Bigger factor is if AD can get healthy and stay on the floor.
Hank Moody
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion