Reading Reviews

Saturday, February 18, 2023 12:18 PM
Haven't been around in awhile. Do we now have to be VIP to read any reviews at all? Also did the site get a redesign?

10 comments

It looks like it got a redesign overnight. White letters on a black background. I like it. Some reformatting as well.
a year ago
I also had trouble getting to the reviews. First it asked me to log in, then it said I needed to be VIP. So I wrote a review offline, and logged in again. I went to the club page to submit the review, and was asked to log in again. I did that, filled out the review, clicked submit, and confirmed on the "are you sure" button. The response was, "There was a problem submitting your review." Given that it's a free site, Founder can run it any way he likes, but I suspect this wasn't intentional.
From978
a year ago
Founder has been talking about / working on the redesign for quite some time now (years, actually). It looks like he's rolling it out by sections. I can still see the forums and other pages in the old format, but it looks like the club reviews have switched over to the new design entirely. In the old design, a non-VIP user could read three (I think) club reviews per day. It looks like that has gone away and now (as it was previously) only VIPs can read club reviews. Meaning, no freebies for non-VIPs. I suspect that this is because trolls, punters, and new profiles used their three daily reviews to cobble together relatively convincing fake reviews that would slip past adjudicators and get VIP (as well as the ability to post discussions and comments). Because, on TUSCL, every new helpful feature gets weaponized by someone.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Quite some time ago, founder put up a link to the beta version of the site in a VIP discussion. When I tried to log in, my password at that time would not work. My password at that time was also ridiculously simple. So, I changed my password to something more secure and I was then able to get into both the new beta and old website. I have no idea if the site actually requires a more secure password; that's something I did on my own as I had to change my password anyway to access the beta site. Founder has noted in a few places that some users might need to reset their password for the new site: https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=81981#comment1301786
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
I just got directed to new site to read reviews, old password worked. I still see dark print on white background. Seems to be optimized for smartphone/Ipad viewing, I guess I can get used to it on my laptop.
minnow
a year ago
I saw it said one way to be VIP is to take a pic holding a sign with tuscl.net ur username and a unique 6 digit code, hand written to prove you are human I guess
Meshuggah
a year ago
On the new site I have not been able to figure out where the “What’s New” section is.
uniquename
a year ago
Meshuggah... That's "Verified" status. Not VIP.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Can verified members read reviews or is it only VIP members now?
BubbleYum
a year ago
^ No. The only thing that being Verified provides is the ability to post in the Verified members' forum. I believe that the original intent behind the Verified status was to provide a level of identity confirmation for both dancers and customers if they decided to meet away from TUSCL. https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=62804 I was under the impression that Verified dancers get the same access to reviews as VIP customers. If that's not the case now, then you may want to message founder to see if that's a glitch or change in policy.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion