Crinkle fries are gross

Monday, February 20, 2023 8:15 PM
Crinkle fries to me is what strippers twerking in the club is for some of you guys 🤮 The format makes it soggier, under seasoned, and overgreased type of French fry than it otherwise could be. I’ve never liked that stuff. Calorically dense foods need to taste good to justify its existence, and idk why that stuff is so common. For me the fries hierarchy is: curly fries (with seasoned salt), then smaller crispier fries, then larger straight fries. Sweet potato fries are nice too (unless it’s the freaking crinkle kind), but I’m putting that in its own category. Am I alone with this opinion?

25 comments

You're rong! Done right, crinkle fries are the best. Keywords are "done right". They have to have just the right amount of crisp to them. And yes, they suck when soggy. Next comes straight fries, small or large doesn't matter. Curly fries are rock bottom IMHO. Even when they are done well, I don't care for them. And I'm always right!!!
SirLapdancealot
•
a year ago
Nathan’s crinkle fries are really good when done right. I agree I don’t like curly fries.
Muddy
•
a year ago
Curly fries are great.
Call.Me.Ishmael
•
a year ago
I like steak fries the best. Then the thin crispy ones. And then sweet potato waffle fries.
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
Curly fries at Shake Shake are okay but I’d have to agree in the hierarchy of fries - crinkle fries are at the bottom. I’d have to say McDonalds fries are up there pretty high for “decent” and consistent fast-food wise.
shailynn
•
a year ago
Imma shove some fries up icydodos ass. Lulz
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
What are the best fries out there? Worst: are 5 guys (waaaay too much salt seasonings, otherwise not bad if you ask not to have that on, but eat as they are, inedible) and ofcourse In N Out has fucking awful fries but great burgers. Best: Thrashers Vinegar fries in Delaware.
Muddy
•
a year ago
Last person serving me soggy fries got hog tied and butch slapped
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
So how do you feel about Chik-Fil-A waffle fries?
doctorevil
•
a year ago
I agree with you Muddy, Nathan’s fries are the best. Seasoned fries are most always too salty. Personally I prefer onion rings, Friday’s used to make great onion rings, but I haven’t been to a fridays in years. Burger Fi has decent onion rings, whenever the kids go there they bring me back a few of those giant sized onion rings they’re good and crispy.
twentyfive
•
a year ago
There is a small burger chain (3) in my area that serves shoestring fries. Only place that I have seen them and I really don't care for them. Impossible to dip them in ketchup.
shadowcat
•
a year ago
Crinkle fries are indeed gross. I’m not a fan of fries in general - I’ll always try for alternate side, cut crinkle fries are disgusting.
motorhead
•
a year ago
Women especially dancers love crinkle fries. They remind them of the soft tiny wrinkled members of of geriatric millionaires and they would never have it any other way. Insuspect iceydodo is behind the crinkle fry hate
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
Crinkly fries are harder to pull off, so they tend to be shit at places that don't cook them to order. But when well executed, I like em. I don't prefer them over other types, but any well executed fry can be good. Nearby, for fast food joints, I like Jon Smith subs fries and Habit Burger. They both do what I'd consider traditional style fries. Habit has good onion rings too, and the burgers aren't bad for fast food. From national places, I'll admit that some nasty, greasy, curly fries from Arby's can be good too. But only after a day on the boat where the drinking was more successful than the fishing and I'm not inclined to clean & cook. There's some other restaurants that make their own fries in house that are good too, but they aren't gonna be nationally recognizable. I liked KFC's wedges, but hate their fries. I also liked the old Burger King and Wendy's fries before they changed em, but much less so now. Steak & Shake's shoestring fries ain't bad, but again they're only an option after a long day of drinking and sun, there's one of those on the way home from where we ride the 4-wheelers where I've scarfed down a large fry with enthusiasm and no remorse more than once. I can't think of a specific place that has crinkly fries that are memorably good. But the frozen Ore-Ida Extra Crispy seasoned crinkles in the air fryer at home ain't half bad. Again though, perhaps its more my bad judgement and residual euphoria cause I'm usually eating them after other activities I've thoroughly enjoyed, quite often with a stripper whose hungry and naked. Crappy food that keeps her naked in my kitchen will always beat good food that requires us putting on clothes and going out. And that last bit leads me back to a modified version of the original thread premise. Delivery fries are gross.
Dolfan
•
a year ago
—>“So how do you feel about Chik-Fil-A waffle fries?” Chik-fil-a, overall, tastes kinda bland to me. Not just the fries but also their chicken. BUT when the surrounding options nearby suck (like most of the food options on a college campus, which happened to be where/when I used to eat their stuff semi-regularly), then suddenly I am more appreciative of a place that always has a ton of people constantly opting for their good grab-and-go options so the food was generally consistent and had decent freshness and convenient fast moving lines. Outside of a college campus, I’ll look at the lines outside of one of those places and get scared off, despite that the lines tend to move fast enough that it’s not the biggest deal…or so I’m told that’s how they are I’d rank the waffle fries on par with steak fries/wedges. It’s better than some of them but there’s others that are nicer too.
nicespice
•
a year ago
Chik fil a is something iceydodo would eat. I prefer gold dusted chicken wings on my besties yacht.
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
Guys, crinkle fries right out of the fryer at White Castle is a must when drunk. ...Along with a shit ton of white castle burgers.
tuskular
•
a year ago
When I'm drunk I prefer another bottle of Johnny walker. Jot fries
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
Crinkle fries are the only fries worth eating. In descending order: Tater tots Curly fries Straight fries Waffle fries Steak fries Potato wedges
gammanu95
•
a year ago
I love the big ass crispy onion rings that are just onion skins.
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
Thin Frites style or McDonalds in a pinch. Crinkle, curly, steak, wedges, etc all cause me to feel let down when they arrive. Like when you find out the breakfast side is homefries instead of hashbrowns.
drewcareypnw
•
a year ago
Why bother with crinkle fries NiceSpice? Those Olive Garden breadsticks have more girth - and they are always glistening - and they have a salty finish too!
Cashman1234
•
a year ago
I like the big thick potato wedges. I think crinkle fries are what shake shack do- supposedly they tried removing them and replacing with regular fries- but their fanbase complained and demanded the crinkle fries to return.
rickmacrodong
•
a year ago
Curly fries and potato wedges are the true master class of fried frenches
DenimChicken
•
a year ago
My atf calls me her little wrinkly crinkly lulz
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.