WW3 Coming Soon!

Monday, February 20, 2023 11:28 PM
US Is Worried China May Make Big Move for Russia [view link] It "would transform the nature of the conflict, turning it into an epochal struggle involving all three of the world's largest superpowers and their partners on opposing sides: Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea aligned against the United States, Ukraine, and their European and Asian allies and partners, including Japan and South Korea."

24 comments

That presupposes that NATO would go to war for a non-NATO country. There's no national interest.
gammanu95
a year ago
I wouldn't say the US is worried. It's simply a shot off the bow to China for the US to say "we are watching". China is the last country that wants WW3.
Uprightcitizen
a year ago
We're giving Ukraine enough to fight back, but not enough to end the war. If China starts aiding Russia, we're going to have to shit (mobilize our defense base, go deeper into debt, and risk WW3) or get off the pot (and abandon another ally in disgrace). Hell, we're going to have to make that decision anyways.
Tetradon
a year ago
...I mean first country
Uprightcitizen
a year ago
Ukraine is not an ally. What makes you say that they are? We are helping them repel an unjust invasion, but they are not an ally.
gammanu95
a year ago
^ Agreed, they are not an ally. I've been mostly silent on the whole Ukraine thing, I have nothing against Ukraine and I am not a fan of putin but I don't like where this is going. Suppose you look at it from this side, if we we're fighting a smaller country and russia was publicly supplying them with weapons against us and bragging about it do you think we would just let it go and ignore it or would we do something about it. Well we're doing it to them and an egotistic unstable fuck like putin might just decide to up the ante against us. And it's not an issue of can we win or not yes we can likely win but possibly suffer greatly in the process opening the door for china to possibly do a mop up on us afterwards. Also we're depleting our own stock piles of weapons that could further hinder us in a future conflict. I don't like the look of this whole thing. Leave it to the democrats to ignore our borders while spending multi billions helping a non ally on the other side of the world defend their border. Leave it to the democrats to get us in another war because they want to look tough to their doubters. This whole thing stinks!
TheeOSU
a year ago
"This whole thing stinks!" See how short these political threads could be?
wallanon
a year ago
They forget one thing. We are America. I was mowing down commies in Vietnam and ill mow them down in Russia and China as soon as the navy seals recruit me.
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Even if China did begin supplying Russia with lethal aid, so what? Russia no longer has the pilots, the tank operators, or the soldiers to use the amount of weapons systems which China could provide. Putin knows this. He is seeking a war of attrition against Ukraine, believing that Russia could win victory because they have a larger population. The US does not need to fear a direct against us by Russia. If Russia were to ever attack us, we would invoke the NATO charter and that would be the end for Russia. It would almost certainly result in global nuclear holocaust. That is the only remaining great danger in this: if defeat becomes inevitable, does Russia have enough high-level officers in the strategic forces to deny the release of nuclear weapons if ordered by Putin? I continue to believe that Putin and his cronies believe the world does not need to continue if it would mean that Russia is no longer a global player.
gammanu95
a year ago
China “hey Russia here’s some weapons and supplies. Now give us half of Siberia.”
shailynn
a year ago
If China Does actually start supplying the Russians with lethal aid, to me that is an indication the Chinese have made a deal with the Russians about Taiwan, the Chinese know very well alone, they will not succeed in any attempt to take Taiwan, which they have never had any control over, their claims of sovereignty are bogus, just like their claims of their balloon, being an innocent weather balloon that broke away accidentally.
twentyfive
a year ago
China doesn't have the balls. They try to be risk-averse to the max. They won't send planes. They might try to send obsolete tanks to clear out their old shit, but they have a lot to lose if they get caught. Where they will be a royal pain in the ass is sending DJI Mavic drones. This is the new chicken shit way poor countries will fight that is cheap and highly lethal and effective.
SanchoRG
a year ago
I guess they do have a lot of old 152mm shells that are compatible with what Russia is using right now. They would be stupid to send those, but lets see if they try
SanchoRG
a year ago
I remember being a child and hearing my dad and his friends fret about how WW3 was just around the corner. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but a conflict on that scale is incredibly unlikely. This is especially true since all of the major economies of the world are much more intertwined compared to even a couple of decades ago. We are now at a point where even the "winner" of WW3 would lose a lot more than they could gain. Again, I'm not saying that this isn't something to pay attention to, but I'm not particularly worried.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Oh shit man. This fool Biden is telling Pope stories to the Polish. Someone must have coached him to stop saying "not a joke" so instead he said "all kidding aside" about 5 times. It's so uncomfortable listening to this creepy fuck.
misterorange
a year ago
Most of the US vehicles sent to Ukraine came from decommissioned stocks or soon-to-be decommissioned models. The exeption of course are the HIMARS units but that is a tiny fraction of our inventory. There is nothing there that is really making a dent in that active service inventory. Ammunition supply (shells, rockets, missiles) has depleted stocks down but not anywhere near what alarmists with agendas are making it out to be. If inventory gets that low vs production rates USA has lots of options there including replenishment from allies not suppling Ukraine (places like South Korea who have an obscene number of 155mm shells in inventory). The net US expenditure for Ukraine and Ukraine related expenses net to about 5% of one years defence spending. Latest defence estimates estimate Russia has lost 40% of their military capability throwing the everything (including the kitchen sink) at Ukraine. That a pretty damn good ROI for the USA vs a global competitor who has gone into old school imperial conquest mode.
Uprightcitizen
a year ago
If China actually does supply Russia with lethal aid there'll be he'll to pay. We're the only ones allowed to supply lethal aid and we're giving aids to Ukraine. If you hate America just say so. Loving America means loving Ukraine
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
Stupid Joe Biden is trying to get us killed.
skibum609
a year ago
The Obama administration is largely responsible for the current Ukraine fiasco for meddling in Ukrainian internal affairs. https://css.cua.edu/ideas_and_commentary/the-american-mess-in-the-ukraine/
doctorevil
a year ago
As president of the free world biden is de facto president of Ukraine. You must love putin
Icee Loco (asshole)
a year ago
What is our National interest in Ukraine ? Is it more important than guarding our own borders ? What is our goal ? Exit strategy ? If China sides with Russian, what is our counter move ?
mark94
a year ago
Americans do not have the grit necessary to endure the necessary action against China. China and Russia must be ostracized from the western world. The UN must be reshaped where Security Council members are not immune from their own unlawful activities. Counter move against China: We must return manufacturing and energy production to our own borders. Anything produced in, made in, mined in, refined in, or orginating from Russia and China must be placed under a complete embargo. Any companies producing, buying, selling, or trading anything from Russia and China must be sanctioned and embargoed. Both of those countries and all of those companies should have all assets in or controlled by the United States of America seized and confiscated without compensation. This will cause a great deal of disruption and economic loss as American businesses adjust to the new world order. We need an administration that will recognize this, prepare the nation and economy for it, and be flexible and proactive in adjusting policy to mitigate loss and capitalize on opportunity. This is not the Biden administration. As long as Americans remain materialistic and prone to the path of least resistance, as long as the democrat party holds any majority in any branch of government, we will never have the leadership or national strength to combat and triumph over these truly evil despots who seek the complete subjugation of western civilization
gammanu95
a year ago
We clearly need to decouple from China. Since they are the sole manufacturer of so many essential goods, the smart way to decouple is over a period of years while the same capacity is brought back to North America. If the situation in Ukraine forces this decoupling to happen immediately, the entire world economy will be screwed for years.
mark94
a year ago
Tim Cook at Apple should be panicking right now. If China trade is shut down, Apple ceases to exist.
mark94
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion