Are 4 Reviews No Longer Free Per Day?

Thursday, February 23, 2023 3:14 PM
Before the update, it was possible to view about 4 reviews per day for free and anything after that required a VIP membership. Now it seems like they are only vip only. Is the new website moving towards a more VIP focus when it comes to viewing information on clubs?

9 comments

The free review views are gone.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Running the site isn't free. Neither is the process of gaining intel and writing a review, which I suspect is why founder is so generous with VIP credit for those who spend the time and money it takes to do so. The least you could do if you want to benefit from the content that so many others spent time and money to provide is to give back in one form or another.
rickdugan
a year ago
Unfortunately I think it's a thing of the past
PrimetimeSchein
a year ago
@tjack128: "Is the new website moving towards a more VIP focus when it comes to viewing information on clubs?" This site has gone back and forth on this issue several times since I've been posting. At one point you could read the first few lines of the latest review, then you might not be able to read anything again, then there was a time when you could read the latest review, then none again, etc., etc. Given that the reviews are the bread and butter driving traffic to the site, I perfectly understand why founder tries different strategies to see what maximizes traffic and people actually writing reviews.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
I think Founder would have to provide his input regarding the direction of the overall site. To answer your other question - you no longer get a look at several free reviews. As GMD mentioned, this has been a bit of a back and forth type of thing over the years. Only Founder knows if it will shift back in the future. It’s all good in my view. This is Founder’s site, and he makes the decisions on its direction. Our discussions don’t pay the bills - unless I’m missing something. It’s legitimate reviews that make this site useful to others. In lieu of legitimate reviews, a paid VIP membership helps with the bills.
Cashman1234
a year ago
Tjack128, all you have to do to get 4 weeks of VIP is submit a review or article. It needs at least 4 out a 7 approvals to publish and you will know in 12 hours whether or not it is approved. One thing I have noticed is there is no verification email so you just have to check to see if it uploads on the club page.
Specialj
a year ago
The verification email is back. Just make sure you have it turned on in your email settings
founder
a year ago
Sheesh…people complaining about hotel rates in TJ and now not being able to read reviews for free. This ain’t a cheap hobby.
motorhead
a year ago
I've been reading some of the comments about the redesign. It's founders site and he can do whatever he wants. I did want to share how this affects me. I don't club all the time but usually will when traveling (Ohio clubs just aren't worth the cost). I'd use the 3-4 free views to pic a club or two that I want to visit. Then, upon my return, leave reviews. The 4 weeks of VIP usually doesn't help as it starts as soon as the review is approved. Would it be possible to have it start with the first view of a review? I could use that 4 weeks a month or two down the road.
proginohio
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion