Cascadas security

Saturday, February 25, 2023 3:28 PM
I'll be visiting San Diego for work in May and would like to get in a bit early and spend a few nights in the Zona. I usually get a room in San Diego and another at Cascadas. Room rates have gone up a good bit on both sides of the border since COVID so, I'd prefer not to do this if I don't have to (more money left for entertainment). Not to mention that the trip and border is kind of a pain in the ass. As it is a work trip, I'll have a laptop and other electronics. Nothing classified, LOL, but would prefer not to have to explain losing a laptop in TJ. Has anyone has any issues or have any recommendations?

9 comments

The better rooms have safes that seem pretty secure. I have never had any problems. They won’t let you take cameras in the room though. Not sure if there are other banned items. You could find a locker in the US maybe around the airport or you could go to the Marriott or some upscale place and check a bag with them for a few days.
a year ago
@devl_dawgg I will play along and comment on your discussion. The Security at hotel Cascadas is as good as any other, because it would be bad for their paid-for-sex business if it gets a reputation of not being safe. You could also leave your luggage with the front desk if you’re concerned about your laptop and electronics. Just use common sense, don’t be flashing cash and behave like a gentleman, don’t drink or do drugs. With the right mindset and realistic expectations, most heterosexual men will have a good time at Hong Kong because it is, according to Krusty, the Happiest Place on Earth. https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1401 Don’t worry be happy, and of course let’s be careful out there.
CJKent_band
a year ago
@cj: have you been to cascadas?
drewcareypnw
a year ago
I take my laptop every time I go. But I am very careful to never let it out of my sight. I'm probably more protective of that laptop than I am of anything else. You will have to put it thru the scanner when going into Mexico. Also, my "luggage" is an old duffle bag. So I really don't look like I'm traveling with anything valuable. But the wifi at Cascadas can be hit or miss.
Warrior15
a year ago
Agree with the other comments. I take a laptop every trip. But I put my laptop bag inside an ordinary looking backpack just to try to avoid attracting attention. In the room, it goes in a drawer so as not to temp girls or hotel staff. I don’t place much confidence in their safes since just about anyone who can open your door can also unlock the safe.
Powerman02
a year ago
Thanks folks!
devl_dawgg
a year ago
I am at Cascadas right now! In 20 years of coming here, I’ve never had a single problem. Today I showed up super early for my reservation. Security offered to look after my bag till check out time. Had a laptop, hundreds in cash, zero issues.
EmptyAngel
a year ago
Done it many of times, I just don't leave it out in plain sight. As far as the safes and them being able to access them, there's only 1 or 2 managers on duty that can open them per shift. I locked myself out of one one time and it nearly took an hour for them to track down a manager that had a key. As inconvenient as it was to wait it was a bit reassuring that the cum boys and other floor workers had no way to get into it.
azfriole
a year ago
I've stayed at Cascadas twice, and haven't had any issues. That said, you always have to take caution with your laptops, tablets, and phones. I keep my tablet locked up in my backpack when I'm out the room.
OPIllini96
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion