TV series binge recommendation

Tuesday, February 28, 2023 6:54 PM
I’ve pretty much completed my bucket list of old TV series to binge and am looking for new recommendations. I trust the TUSCL brotherhood will provide better advice than Reddit and Quora. Apparently I seem to have little patience because if I don’t get hooked in the first 2 or 3 episodes I move on. For All Mankind was recently recommended. I absolutely loved it. Great! But I gave up on Slow Horses after 3 episodes. In the past 6 months I’ve tried the following, but never could get past a season at the most. All were highly recommended on Reddit Outlander Westworld Succession Billions Yellowjacket’s The Handmaid’s Tale The Shield

20 comments

All the Narcos series on Netflix If I were you I’d try to find reruns of Facts of Life, Silver Spoons and the Drummonds. Maybe throw in Webster too.
shailynn
a year ago
I liked The Last Kingdom on Netflix that’s 6 seasons should take a bit of time.
twentyfive
a year ago
Both the following move in and out of streaming. Right now, I don’t think they are available. They are worth waiting for. Life: the lead actor from Band of Brothers plays an ex con, millionaire, Buddhist detective in LA. Well written, well acted, great cast, and a great series finale. Dark Matter: SciFi. A gang of cut throat space bandits become good guys and protect the weak. Sort of Seven Samurai in space.
mark94
a year ago
I assume you’ve seen Band of Brothers.
mark94
a year ago
Burn Notice
docsavage
a year ago
Supernatural Burn Notice Buffy the Vampire Slayer
georgmicrodong
a year ago
I don’t watch much streaming content. I’ve tried a few streaming series, and since I don’t watch much television, I get too far behind. I tried Outlander, but I got bored with it. I like Peaky Blinders so far. I think I’ve made it to the second season. The show I’ve recently started is The Sinner. It’s pretty good, and the guy Bill Pullman is an interesting character. That’s all I’ve got.
Cashman1234
a year ago
Marvelous Mrs Maisel GLOW, (glorious ladies of wrestling)
gSteph
a year ago
Bordertown, a Finnish crime drama on Netflix.
doctorevil
a year ago
These are the top 5 network shows that I have rewatched over the past couple of years: West Wing ER 24 CSI Sopranos Others I would recommend would be: House of Cards Game of Thrones (maybe skip the last season) Breaking Bad Criminal Minds Lost (absolutely skip the last season) Blacklist
whodey
a year ago
I'm digging Godfather of Harlem.
Tetradon
a year ago
Highlander - all six seasons The Red Green Show Babylon 5
ATACdawg
a year ago
Mindhunter Slow horses The wire Lost in space The deuce (topical for tuscl) Let the right one in The bureau Interview with the vampire The outsider Tinker tailor solider spy, and smileys people (1970s version)
drewcareypnw
a year ago
Gunsmoke
skibum609
a year ago
Mission Impossible Sports Night Treme Bosch Lincoln Lawyer
rockie
a year ago
If you can access them I’d recommend two British shows. Line of Duty and Happy Valley. Both are dramas. Happy Valley third series finished recently, it was superb, the acting is incredible. It’s based in Yorkshire so some of you may struggle with the accent and slang.
londonguy
a year ago
Londonguy I appreciate the suggestion. But I’ve never latched on to any British series. I’ve tried Peaky Binders, Slow Horses, Outlander and got bored. And I struggled with the accents even with those
motorhead
a year ago
Motörhead, I never watched Peaky Blinders, it’s set in the West Midlands, the worst of all our accents is this one.
londonguy
a year ago
Slow Horses
Jimbo888
a year ago
Letterkenny
stmike
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion