Spring Break in Mexico

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 10:40 AM
This morning’s news featured a segment of a reporter asking multiple college students on spring break in Miami if they would travel to Mexico. Almost unanimously, the answer was “No, it’s not safe” It doesn’t take much of a deep dive into the issue to uncover the liberal hypocrisy of this. These very liberal college students from Marxist east coast universities won’t travel to Mexico yet support open borders and sanctuary students. These very liberal college students from Marxist east coast universities despise DeSantis and his fight against COVID lock down policies yet have been flocking to Miami in record numbers as the preferred spring break destination for several years. While their blue states were shut down they happily partied in Florida. They’re willing to engage in high risk behavior in Miami - unprotected sexual with strangers and binge drinking to excess yet are afraid of the risks of Mexico

17 comments

Liberal, Marxist, hypocrit let's just admit that these have all become synonyms
gammanu95
a year ago
@OP How did multiple college students become "These very liberal college students from Marxist east coast universities" I mean if you dislike the MSM so much how come you post an opinion piece posing it as real news when it's simply an opinion because of the way you wrote it ? Are you trying to say that all the spring breakers in Miami, are liberal college students from Marxist East coast universities, SMH !
twentyfive
a year ago
Fat Drunk and stupid... how did you pick such a perfect moniker
ricber
a year ago
That’s quite a leap from random college students to all your pejoratives. Try and book a flight to Cancun in the next few weeks for spring break. $1000 or more. Those have to be all god fearing vaccine hatin’ republicans because we know from your evidence that 19 year olds won’t go to Mexico.
Hank Moody
a year ago
If these students can afford vacations in Cancun and other places why should I have to pay for their student loans?
shadowcat
a year ago
^ That’s fair
twentyfive
a year ago
Let's face it, the USA is far more dangerous than Mexico and anywhere else because all the dangerous, diseased illegals are now here, thanks to open borders. In addition, you're less likely to get robbed in Cancun than your corner gas station because the libs decided to protect criminals,the black ones in particular, after saint George died from his fentanyl overdose. Sadly, these kids have been brainwashed by the talking heads of PRCNN and MSDNC.
mickey48066
a year ago
In 2020 the murder rate in Mexico was 28 per 100,000 and in the USA 7 per 100,000. Every other violent crime statistic is similar. An American travelling to Mexico is simply asking for trouble. By the way Mickey, people like you do more harm to conservatives than every fucking progressive combined.
skibum609
a year ago
Ricber - At least I can depend on 25 and Jimmy Mac, some of the liberals on the board to have an intelligent sharing of differing opinions - all you can do in 10 years in the group is to submit one review and hurl insults. Lol
motorhead
a year ago
@motorhead I will play along and comment on your discussion. “…when you travel in tourist zones (in Mexico, and most tourist destinations all over the world) you aren't a target, however innocent bystanders do occasionally get caught in the crossfire, and even the cartels have their rogue elements, so when you are close to a danger zone you do have some risk, and you should proceed appropriately, what I won't do is tell anyone they should or shouldn't visit Mexico, I have been there many times and find the country to be a great place for so many reasons. Only you can decide how much risk is too much, for your taste, and although I have never been in Tijuana I have traveled extensively throughout Mexico, and just being proactive and paying attention to what is going on (anyplace you live or travel to is just common sense), I have never had a run in more serious than a crooked Mexican cop looking for a bribe.” ~ twentyfive✪✔ ~ Living well and enjoying my retirement ~ March 15, 2023 ~ Joined Mar, 2010
CJKent_band
a year ago
Motorhead.... When I did the one review, I was so badly ridiculed by Desert Scrub I refused to do another. Of course A right wing blithering idiot is not even worth a response too
ricber
a year ago
^ 1)why would care what an obvious moron has to say 2) What did Motörhead do to deserve your response to him in this thread?
twentyfive
a year ago
I find the extremist narrow view he espouses sad. Unfortunately far too many have surfaced since 2016
ricber
a year ago
We should have a forum titled "bad stuff happened... must be because the libs!"
drewcareypnw
a year ago
We do. The Politics Forum
Hank Moody
a year ago
^lol
drewcareypnw
a year ago
ricber said "When I did the one review, I was so badly ridiculed by Desert Scrub I refused to do another." So, weird little man on the internet (that you don't know) was mean to you and that scared you away from contributing? Honestly, that's weak as water. There's no secret handshake amongst TUSCL users who've had Scrub yapping at our heels. It's pretty much expected by anyone who posts more than once. I don't care about your politics, but maybe grow a thicker skin.
Call.Me.Ishmael
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion