Miami Beach Spring Break - Part II

Monday, March 20, 2023 7:52 PM
The City of Miami Beach declared a state of emergency in response to “excessively large and dangerous crowds” I guess the kids would have been safer in Mexico dealing with the Los Zetas Cartel Ya never know PS. We need a wellness check on Papi in addition to Jack Slash

12 comments

When I saw the news clips, it further refuted statements made by spring breakers in a previous thread saying how it is too dangerous to spring break in Mexico. Animals in the zoo are better behaved than the animals flooding Miami and the nightclubs in the hot zone.
mickey48066
a year ago
Whenever I see those pictures of spring breakers on the beach it really looks like a sausage fest out there.
Muddy
a year ago
For whatever reason, Miami Beach is ground zero for black spring break. You are bound to have young folks wildin' out and thugs that wanting the smoke. https://youtube.com/watch?v=HPu47lXZzR8&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE
sinclair
a year ago
Sick of the media not calling a spade, a spade. They’re not “spring breakers.” They’re thugs.
PhredJohnson
a year ago
And then the idiot city commission voted against a curfew.
gammanu95
a year ago
It seems like for years when bad stuff happens down there the news always says “uh these aren’t college students.”
shailynn
a year ago
Yeah – for w/e reason, at some point South Beach (SoBe) became the go-to party-spot for young-black-people. When I was in m late-teens in the late-80s SoBe was pretty-rundown and Miami-Beach was mostly a retirement-community – back-then there was still some partying in SoBe and nightclubs and such, but SoBe was nowhere-near what it is today in terms of popularity and international-recognition. Sometime in the mid to late 90s there started being heavy-investment in SoBe and it started to become hip/popular again and many stars started buying-homes and/or moving to Miami/SoBe giving SoBe a lot of PR as the hip-place to be. I moved from Miami to Dallas in 2000 so IDK when SoBe started becoming a mecca for young-black-people but I do recall reports of young-black-people flocking to SoBe in-the-early 2000s particularly during Memorial-Day-Weekend which was also referred to as Urban Beach Week. I moved back to Miami in 2010 and from 2011 till 2019 I used to hangout in SoBe during Memorial Day Weekend and during Spring Break– it was mostly chill but when nighttime came that is when there were problems. During the day it was a mixed-crowd but at night it became mostly-AA – seemed most people that wanted to enjoy SoBe knew to enjoy-it during the day and avoid late-night (mostly Ocean-Drive though). As has been posted – these are not “unruly college kids” – the ones causing mayhem are mostly the same kinda people that cause mayhem in the inner-city. Miami has always had some very-rough/high-crime areas. There used to be a tv-show on cable called “The First 48” which was a reality tv-show that followed homicide-detectives around the country solving murder-cases and a good # of the episodes were based in Miami often around an infamous area of Miami called “The Pork and Beans projects” (street name) – that high-ass-crime hood-area is about 10-miles from SoBe (and there are some hoods even closer). The people that make the Miami hood-areas so dangerous are often the ones causing issues in SoBe (as well as hoodsters from outside of SoFlo) – the Ocean-Drive area of SoBe (street that is parallel to the beach in SoBe) is a great place to hang w/o having to spend any $$$ - one has the beach which is free plus there is a great party-atmosphere on Ocean-Drive where there are a lot of open-air bars-and-restaurants w/ tons of young-people walking up-and-down Ocean-Drive which is closed-off to car-traffic during peak-times (holiday weekends; Spring Break etc) – Ocean-Drive is filled w/ young-people and hot-chicks walking-around wearing-barely-anything (tiny bikinis/g-strings etc). So there is the combo of: 1) SoBe seems to have become the designated party-area for AAs 2) it’s basically free to party/hangout there – it’s a public-event on public-property so it’s not as if anyone (hoodrats) can be denied access 3) SoBe being super-tourist heavy and tourist$ being the biggest economic lifeline for the city; over the last 2-decades the city had been pretty-laxxed w.r.t. letting people have a good-time and Miami Beach PD was def friendlier and more accommodating than the rest of SoFlo – but obviously the thug/criminal element tends to also “benefit” from this lax-policy The above means that along w/ regular-people that wanna come down and just enjoy a good-vibe for a few-days; the above also attracts the hood/thug element b/c who doesn’t like a huge-party where it’s pretty-much free w/ tons of hot-babes hanging-out wearing barely-anything and going a bit-crazy letting-loose while on vacation (it’s kina a cheaper/younger version of Mardi Gras). As comedian Chris Rock once put-it – “every time black people wanna have a good time niggaz fuck it up”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4 And over the past years when there have been the most issues w/ crime-and-violence and the city/business-owners have tried to put measures-in-place; the wokes and race-baiters immediately start accusing the city of “racist policies” being implemented just b/c black-people are there.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
I know a few black strippers who went to Miami Beach for Spring Break. So yea it's not just college students going, it's more like a carnival event where thots and thugs from all over the US can grind themselves out in public. Personally I like to do my grinding inside the privacy of a strip club.
Mike Rotch
a year ago
Maybe the SoBe could charge a fee to hotels and rentals during Spring Break to offset the costs of overtime policing. The higher prices could deter some folks from staying there and the higher costs could prompt hotels to put in measures to tighten their rental policies.
gammanu95
a year ago
^ Wait so they are students, I thought the prevailing sentiment here was they aren’t students, how did they get student loans if they’re not students?
twentyfive
a year ago
I don't know why they just don't shut the shit down if they don't like it. My question is what the fuck happened to Daytona? That was the spring break mecca.
deboinair
a year ago
A few days back a local reporter reviewed the previous night's arrests in SoBe. Most were mid-20's to early 30's.
goldmongerATL
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion