"Smart" Guns

Friday, April 21, 2023 7:33 PM
[view link] Directions for use: 1. Turn on 2. Scan face 3. Aim and pull trigger If gun fails to fire: 4. Press thumb firmly on print reader 5. Aim and pull trigger If gun fails to fire: 6. Throw gun at perpetrator 7. Kiss your ass goodbye sucker This, directly from the article: "a prototype twice failed to fire when demonstrated for Reuters this week" Yet the manufacturer is already taking orders.

7 comments

They clearly didn't read the instructions carefully. Clearly, the user has to look straight down the barrel when making the first attempt to fire!!🎯🫣
ATACdawg
•
a year ago
Yeah, I can't wait until my gun starts updating firmware when I need it in a self-defense scenario. Or the government can brick it if I say something offensive online.
Tetradon
•
a year ago
I guess this is what they mean by a throw away piece
twentyfive
•
a year ago
Yeah new technology always has its glitches - if the gun starts glitching-up just kindly tell the criminal to wait a minute while you work out the problem with the gun - problem solved
Papi_Chulo
•
a year ago
Fortunately anyone ordering said gun almost certainly already owns 30 or 40 other guns that do work. I mean seriously this is the USA we’re talking about.
•
a year ago
Imagine your gun needs to open up a chat window with some guy in India so he can talk you through getting it to work while your fighting for your life. And then the Wi-Fi goes out.....
Sgtsnowman
•
a year ago
Me: "Alexa, shoot the guy attacking me!" Gun: "Sorry, I didn't catch that, can you repeat that?" Me: dead
Mike Rotch
•
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion