Clubs with 80s Metal/Rock

Saturday, April 29, 2023 12:11 AM
Are there any clubs which play predominantly 80s metal/rock? Yes...I'm aware that any dancers who prefer this music may be last their prime....but there's something about hard-driving 80s metal (Poison / Def Leppard / Motley Crue) that seems to lend itself to some good shows.

22 comments

Predominantly? No. Play it sometimes? Yes. But it's usually more like Guns n' Roses and Whitesnake at the clubs I'm in.
wallanon
a year ago
I wish I could request November Rain for all my lap dances that sons is long as fuck
Specialj
a year ago
Candy store N Phoenix plays it.
Mate27
a year ago
unfortunately it's no longer the late 80's-early 90's. the only times you're going to hear those bands is either there is that rare girl on stage that listens to that stuff or the dj is winding down towards the end of the work shift. 5-10 years ago a couple of places in new jersey had managers that played those bands. sometimes you might even hear dio, wasp and judas priest.
rattdog
a year ago
Cheetah's in San Diego day shift sometimes plays 80s metal or 70s classic rock or 90s alternative. Depends on the dancer preference of course.
Dave_Anderson
a year ago
It's 99.9% stripper R&B or tough guy rap shit here in the PNW. Total lowest common denominator garbage. Sadly, anytime its indie/punk/metal/rock it seems to be the dumbest examples of those genres, plus there is something absurd about strippers thrashing around to hard music anyway. It make the R&B shit seem more palatable.
drewcareypnw
a year ago
Sometimes you will find older rock music being played during day shifts in strip clubs where there are a lot of old retired white guys visiting on days. Late night crowds are younger, and they don't want to listen to it. One local strip club tried to play rock late at night and saw a decline in customers. One thing I do find interesting about newer music is that the production techniques are far in advance from what they were in the past. At the same time, the music is worse. Well produced crap is still crap.
docsavage
a year ago
Classic rock is the main genre at Tattletale in Atlanta. It bills itself as a “rock and roll strip club.” “I'm aware that any dancers who prefer this music may be last their prime.” Not necessarily true. Several of my “go to” dancers dancers in ATL are in their early twenties and prefer classic rock. But yeah, most in that age group don’t. Related tangent: I was at Diamond Dolls in Clearwater recently. Took a super cute little spinner to VIP. She turned out to be super freaky too—liked to be choked. Just as things were reaching a climax, both figuratively and literally, Motley Crue’s Girls, Girls, Girls came on. Definitely not the norm in that club, but apropos for the moment. Tattletale in Atlanta is mentioned in the song, by the way.
doctorevil
a year ago
It's too bad, but I am more likely to hear 80's rock and metal on classic rock day at work than in a strip club.
DandyDan
a year ago
OD’d on auto tune mumble rap? That’s fair
Muddy
a year ago
Black Betty in jersey.
Muddy
a year ago
And speaking of Motley Crue Girls, Girls, Girls they play that song every 15 minutes at the Seventh Veil on Sunset. Where they shot the music video back in the 80’s. You’ll get all the Motley Crue you want and then some. I like the song but you’d have to get sick of it if you worked there.
Muddy
a year ago
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Funny thing I thought about Seventh Veil yesterday because I got it confused with Sahara Theatre in the other thread. Veil got meh reviews but when I was there (it's been 5 years and was pre-covid) had a blast. Very hot girls and pick the right booth and you're good to go.
wallanon
a year ago
> there's something about hard-driving 80s metal (Poison / Def Leppard / Motley Crue) that seems to lend itself to some good shows. Agreed.... for good shows and good bl***
wld4tatas
a year ago
I want it really retro: [view link]
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
It’s what I listened to growing up and I saw all those bands in concert. I still have a lot of it on my playlists but I don’t want to hear it in the club. It just sounds old. Some girls will dance to AC/DC or Marilyn Manson but most of it just sounds dated in that atmosphere.
Hank Moody
a year ago
It only sounds dated if you accept the crap today represents this era. I don't consider 90% of "music" today to even be music so I don't associate it with today's era. To me there really hasn't been new music since the late 2000s. Its just annoying sound you have to try to ignore. I don't really associate it with anything. I feel sad today's young people are ripped off like this, they deserve better and don't even realize it.
Dave_Anderson
a year ago
When strippers don't like the music, they're thinking "this music sucks...this music sucks...this music sucks..." for 20+ hours per week. When we don't like he music, we're thinking "this music sucks...this music..this...boobs...boobs...". Just let them pick the music.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
Hahaha is this a thread about places I don't wanna ever work? Thnx guys!!! Ps I love dancing to lowest common denominator shit. The more fucked up the better hahaha. I really just don't give a fuck anymore
blahblahblah23
a year ago
Places no, but there are certainly some dancers that choose rock/metal for their music. Personally, I like it, it's what I grew up with and I'll compliment the dancer on her taste in music. On a tangent, I do find myself having a bit of hard time sometimes hearing music that came out when I was in college on "classic rock" stations. One of those reminders that while I'm not old, I'm not young anymore either.
crosscheck
a year ago
That's about 50% of the shit they play at BSC Phoenix. The other half is 90s rap
SanchoRG
a year ago
Found another one....Roxy's in Paterson, NJ. Def Leppard and Motley Crue almost exclusively during the hour I was there on a Saturday night around 8pm.
funonthaside
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion