Break up songs - Title says it all

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 5:53 PM
Do you have one that means more to you than the others? Any particular part? Care to share why? After 3 years and right before I took a legal job in remote northern Maine, 7 hours from home, my current girlfriend decided that since we had no future, we should break up (dump me) and just be friends Rather than blurt out No, I decided I needed a reason for that decision and at that time I had none, because while a super hot babe is a great girlfriend, she can be a good friend and used as a lure when you went fishing for other babes. A song came on the Radio. The singer was "lobo". The verses that got me: "I love you too much to ever start liking you, so let's just let the story have an end. I love you too much to ever start liking you, so don't expect for me to be your friend". She later married another guy, had the 5 kids she always wanted and knew were 5 more than I would ever give her and then he killed himself. Some stories have no happy endings, well I have had one. Whats yours.

14 comments

I was always partial to the breakup song “what do you for money honey” by AC/DC. sentimentality was never my strong point, best of luck in your newfound singleness.
Brahma2k
a year ago
I don't have any great breakup stories, but Tonio K had 3 great breakup songs on his first album, Life in the Food Chain: 1. H-A-T-R-E-D you have left me for somebody new and now it's hard to express the resentment i feel for the years that i've wasted on you but let me put this another way · ok? i'm full of h-a-t-r-e-d i'm bitter and malign you've got me p-i-s-s-e-d off i'm angry most of the time why don't you g-o t-o h-e-double"l" you tramp you philandering bitch i'm going to k-i-l-l one of us baby give me time and i'll decide on which https://youtu.be/XKmW5igCFpE 2. A Lover's Plea Baby don't leave me here alone don't break our happy home up think of the children i know we haven't got no kids but think of if we did it would surely upset them ... well then try & think about me think about heartbreak, misery think about all the things that we've been through-- or think about how a cast would look on you https://youtu.be/6HC7_kuhlGo The album includes another song which is almost a breakup song. It's called How Come I Can't See You in My Mirror? In it the singer discovers he's dating a vampire. Great songs. Lobo (Kent LaVoie) was great--best known for "Me and You and Dog Named Boo." Thanks for sharing your story.
mahatmakanejeeves
a year ago
This thread has bad vibes. Now I've got to go bang a stripper or something.
wallanon
a year ago
Or you could just play some country music backwards!
twentyfive
a year ago
Nothing with a deeper meaning but Greg Kihns Band- Breakup Song, I fucking love that song
Muddy
a year ago
Dierks Bentley's "Drunk on a Plane" always reminds me of a particularly bad breakup I had. We broke up after nearly 3 years together less than a week before we were supposed to go on a trip together down to Turks and Caicos where I was planning to propose until I found out she was cheating on me. I sold the ring and still went on the trip without her. I spent most of the trip drunk and partying trying to get her out of my mind. It actually turned out really fun and those 10 days of drunken partyingin the Caribbean turned out to be exactly what I needed.
whodey
a year ago
This one is personal and I won’t share, but it’s a true break up song sung by Ray Price For the Good Times https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phLlo_t-z-U
twentyfive
a year ago
Living this one right now. Tower of Power So Very Hard To Go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyKxiVvpaE
grundig
a year ago
Puddle of Mudd, "She Hates Me" https://youtu.be/BYE4CVhVkhw
Tetradon
a year ago
Well SkiDumb, bad things happen to good people as exemplified by your hot ex girlfriend. Good things happen to shitty people, which is why God decided you shouldn’t procreate.
Mate27
a year ago
Muddy nailed it Greg Kihn Band - The Break Up Song Hell, the title says it all. Great car radio tune to crank up the volume. Every Rose Has It’s Thorn is a close second
motorhead
a year ago
^^Mate here's wishing you much impotence you little pussy. Oh, please get cancer.
skibum609
a year ago
Haha Greg Kihn Break Up Song. I love that song too, but I looked up the lyrics and realized that although I've heard it about a thousand times, the only words I ever knew were "They don't write 'em like that anymore" and "Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah".
misterorange
a year ago
I like "Black Widow" by Iggy Azalea with Rita Ora. It's a catchy tune with a great video that pays tribute to the Kill Bill movies. Not a huge fan of either singer but it's a good song. "You used to be, thirsty for me (right) But now you wanna be set free This is the web, web that you weave So, baby now rest in peace (it's all over with now) I'm gonna love you, until you hate me (right) And I'm gonna show you (show 'em what? Show 'em what?) What's really crazy You should've known better, than to mess with me harder I'm gonna love you, I'm gonna love you Gonna love you, gonna love you Like a black widow, baby Bla-bla-black, black widow, baby"
SirLapdancealot
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion