SINCE WHEN DO ACCOUNTANTS NEED FIREARMS?

Thursday, May 18, 2023 2:14 PM
this is old news but still a useful reminder how govt is asshole. new hired 87000 armed irs agents. this is on top of the agents they already have pushing papers and crunching numbers with their pc's who can decide whether to freeze your bank accts at a touch of a couple of buttons. below is a clip of a cpa providing some meaningful insights on how these agents can behave towards all citizens, and what kind of deadly toys that these new agents have in their disposal. [view link]

35 comments

"Show us you papers." And, least we forget the Exec Order for an "exploratory research" for FedCoin. Pelosi had IRS legislation for the 87K gun toting agents that also had a banking requirement to notify Treasury of any transaction above $500. I call these measure Jack-Booted Thugs/Blue Shirts. Cash is messy for the Feds to deal with, electronic currency now THERE is a simple way to exert power/control at an uber-level. Team with at AI, and you have The Forbin Project with HAL running "Rise of the Machines".
mogul1985
a year ago
This is fake news, there’s no such mandate nor are there plans to hire 87000 more armed irs agents. This is not true and a stupid idea.
twentyfive
a year ago
This should be in the political forum, but do you actually believe that IRS would authorized 87,000 armed agents for tax collection? How many FBI agents do you think there are?
wallanon
a year ago
people who think the digital ways of doing regular daily transactions is an awesome modern convenience are not aware of real potential personal financial harm. cbdc is the targeted aim. atm's i've heard have been gradually vanishing throughout the states. some stores and even sports arenas are not accepting cash payments. madison square garden has been implementing reverse atm's for quite some time now.
rattdog
a year ago
Legislation did authorize 87,000 new IRS employees, but not necessarily armed agents. Don’t know if that even addressed if any would be armed. The IRS has always had an armed criminal investigation division, so this is really nothing new.
doctorevil
a year ago
^ that’s over 10 years.
twentyfive
a year ago
ok wall n 25. if i should be proven wrong over time then fine. but wouldn't it be wise to always be prepared for the worst, whether it happens or not? you both do realize that asshole govt do have the capability to enforce something like this?
rattdog
a year ago
I don’t even know how to answer you, this is up there with they faked the moon landing or Jewish Space lasers, it’s crazy stuff.
twentyfive
a year ago
regarding AI. musk is not a friend of the people imho. musk could have bought or created his own version of twitter. taking over that platform shows his ingenuity. now in his hands is a set solid algorithm, all the tweets and twats that display human behavior along with other meaningful data, he can use all this to use as a foundation for his version of HAL.
rattdog
a year ago
I do not enjoy paying taxes, but I pay them on time every quarter, so I have no reason to fear the IRS - armed or not.
iknowbetter
a year ago
you know who has absolute no fear of the irs? pelosi, bidens, clintons and all of the rest of that real special group of people. and when i mean special i don't mean the real mentally challenged. that special group knows exactly what they're fucking doing.
rattdog
a year ago
Armed IRS Agents: After the 87K legislation was passed last year, an jobs posting from the govt did say about IRS Agents and guns. It was taken down. The bigger problem is when people like this actually say something like this it means it is on their "Bucket List". bout 15 or so years ago Maxine Waters blurted out is a Congressional Hearing she wanted the oil industry nationalized, realized what she said and then go real quiet. The day after Trump was elected, Waters also said "We need to Impeach him." He wasn't even in office. Just imagine the unspoken thoughts in many of these Anti-American skulls full of stuff even flies wouldn't touch. BTW, before someone demands "PROOF", you can Google or DuckDuckGo it your lazy ass self. I
mogul1985
a year ago
^ I did Google it, it’s not legitimate
twentyfive
a year ago
Here's the actual text that supports the dollar values. 1) Internal revenue service.-- (A) In general.-- (i) Taxpayer services.--For necessary expenses of the Internal Revenue Service to provide taxpayer services, including pre-filing assistance and education, filing and account services, taxpayer advocacy services, and other services as authorized by 5 U.S.C. 3109, at such rates as may be determined by the Commissioner, $3,181,500,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (ii) Enforcement.--For necessary expenses for tax enforcement activities of the Internal Revenue Service to determine and collect owed taxes, to provide legal and litigation support, to conduct criminal investigations (including investigative technology), to provide digital asset monitoring and compliance activities, to enforce criminal statutes related to violations of internal revenue laws and other financial crimes, to purchase and hire passenger motor vehicles (31 U.S.C. [[Page 136 STAT. 1832]] 1343(b)), and to provide other services as authorized by 5 U.S.C. 3109, at such rates as may be determined by the Commissioner, $45,637,400,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (iii) Operations support.--For necessary expenses of the Internal Revenue Service to support taxpayer services and enforcement programs, including rent payments; facilities services; printing; postage; physical security; headquarters and other IRS-wide administration activities; research and statistics of income; telecommunications; information technology development, enhancement, operations, maintenance, and security; the hire of passenger motor vehicles (31 U.S.C. 1343(b)); the operations of the Internal Revenue Service Oversight Board; and other services as authorized by 5 U.S.C. 3109, at such rates as may be determined by the Commissioner, $25,326,400,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (iv) Business systems modernization.--For necessary expenses of the Internal Revenue Service's business systems modernization program, including development of callback technology and other technology to provide a more personalized customer service but not including the operation and maintenance of legacy systems, $4,750,700,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (B) Task force to design an irs-run free ``direct efile'' tax return system.--For necessary expenses of the Internal Revenue Service to deliver to Congress, within nine months following the date of the enactment of this Act, a report on (I) the cost (including options for differential coverage based on taxpayer adjusted gross income and return complexity) of developing and running a free direct efile tax return system, including costs to build and administer each release, with a focus on multi-lingual and mobile-friendly features and safeguards for taxpayer data; (II) taxpayer opinions, expectations, and level of trust, based on surveys, for such a free direct efile system; and (III) the opinions of an independent third-party on the overall feasibility, approach, schedule, cost, organizational design, and Internal Revenue Service capacity to deliver such a direct efile tax return system, $15,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2023: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (2) Treasury inspector general for tax administration.--For necessary expenses of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration in carrying out the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended, including purchase and hire of passenger motor vehicles (31 U.S.C. 1343(b)); and services [[Page 136 STAT. 1833]] authorized by 5 U.S.C. 3109, at such rates as may be determined by the Inspector General for Tax Administration, $403,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (3) Office of tax policy.--For necessary expenses of the Office of Tax Policy of the Department of the Treasury to carry out functions related to promulgating regulations under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, $104,533,803, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (4) United states tax court.--For necessary expenses of the United States Tax Court, including contract reporting and other services as authorized by 5 U.S.C. 3109; $153,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes. (5) Treasury departmental offices.--For necessary expenses of the Departmental Offices of the Department of the Treasury to provide for oversight and implementation support for actions by the Internal Revenue Service to implement this Act and the amendments made by this Act, $50,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2031: Provided, That these amounts shall be in addition to amounts otherwise available for such purposes.
mike710
a year ago
The second amendment was specifically created to prevent government from doing what the left wants it to do.
skibum609
a year ago
The Dems used the FBI to go after their political opponents (including private citizens) - now the Dems push for 87K new IRS agents - this just means an even bigger federal bureaucracy than the current huge and often inefficient and often corrupt federal system we have now. In the past I've heard stories of the IRS going after people and almost bankrupting them just with the process even if they are innocent. - kinda like the government or a corporation suing u into oblivion and getting u to comply with what they want even if ur in the right bc u can't afford to defend yourself against the endless pockets of the government or corporation.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
"if i should be proven wrong over time then fine." Why wait? Lol "but wouldn't it be wise to always be prepared for the worst, whether it happens or not?" I don't come to a place like TUSCL to share my personal perspective on anything other strip clubs, strippers, and we can do with them. But I'll say that when imagining the "worst" things out there the IRS is not in the picture. "you both do realize that asshole govt do have the capability to enforce something like this?" Each of us is capable of things we probably wouldn't ever do. But in either case I don't fill my days pondering hypotheticals beyond getting the next great nut.
wallanon
a year ago
There are over 400 different federal agencies that seem to only get bigger and more costly/wasteful - the current "solution" to the size of the federal bureaucracy seems to be to only make them bigger (raise the debt ceiling; etc) - instead of draining the swamp it is Americans' pockets that will be getting more and more drained to support an ever increasing government bureaucracy that will only have more and more power over the people.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
I'm going to exit this now. Back to talking about tits and ass...when the IRS comes after me I hope she's hot.
wallanon
a year ago
I don't know where the number 87K came from but the majority of the funding, $45B, is set aside for enforcement purposes. $45B can buy a lot of accountants.
mike710
a year ago
"... I don't know where the number 87K came from but the majority of the funding, $45B, is set aside for enforcement purposes ..." Don't u need more agents for more enforcement.
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
^That would be my guess.
mike710
a year ago
IRS has a Criminal Investigation unit, 3,100, and they do pack. As part of the 87K new agents, some will be CIs - how many???? If the IRS needs to do criminal investigations in dangerous cases, they should use local police or Marshalls - there is no need to arm the IRS. We don't need yet another bureaucracy o replicate what we already have especially ones that already carries given IRS is about taxes and accounting, not criminal raids. Reuters has this documented as well as the New York Post - sure, the NYP is a right-wing rag, I get it, just like the Hunter Laptop Fake Story. And drum roll.....right from the IRS' own website, they are looking to hire MORE CIs: [view link]
mogul1985
a year ago
The Dems want the federal government to increase its power including more armed agents all the while pushing as hard as they can to disarm every single law-abiding-citizen - I've seen this movie before and it didn't have a good ending
Papi_Chulo
a year ago
Rattdog posts another disproven right wing talking point as if it's fact, immediately gets challenged on it, and immediately admits he might not be right. WTF ? This bullshit is not even worth debating.
wld4tatas
a year ago
^hey tatas the fuckwad at least i'm man enough to admit that if i'm wrong then i got it wrong. unlike your posts you seem more interested in being right rather than getting it right. if you thought what i posted wasn't worth debating then why did you post pointlessly. fuck off!!!
rattdog
a year ago
^ Maybe you should do some research before you post. Until then you're just another useful idiot for the right wing, helping spread their lies. BTW, that YouTube producer "WolvesAndFinance" thanks you for the additional clicks. Like many others, he's figured out there's $$$ to be made from right wing misinformation.
wld4tatas
a year ago
^10x the cunt that was Icee.
skibum609
a year ago
ah yeah the pro-trump/right wing advocates. alex jones, saltycracker, x22, etc. yeah i stop by from time to time on their platforms - some of their shit is spot on. the rest makes "you go wtf?" it's a right wing hustle no doubt. but hey WolvesAndFinance made some points that should make people alert. so yeah if my click made him a couple of quarters that's money better spent than clicking onto some dem/leftist clown world horseshit. and as much as i can't stand the blm movement i'll their heads a prop or two: they organize real well. a great hustle too-many millions to purchase a mansion or two. with the money leftover they should spend on and then mail me some of those rainbow colored flags - i've run out of used tube socks to wipe my ass. and no i don't consider myself as a right wing useless idiot. i said govt is asshole. when i type this i mean all govt is one huge pile of shit, spanning decades. donkeys, elephants, and whatever shit is left between is just that: shit!!! trump? the savior? hardly. a funny guy-funnier than most professional comedians actually. and he was pretty spot on on what was to come ahead after his election defeat. but trump a savior? he's a fucking conman!!!! at best a temporary prophylactic being that thank god prevented that monster virus of a wench being prez for four years. and if you're not his side he'll go outta his way to really treat you like shit. case in point: the old people living in that golf course in scotland.
rattdog
a year ago
"^10x the cunt that was Icee." more like unbleached damaged taint
rattdog
a year ago
If it gets more tax $ from millionaires and billionaires who can outgun the irs with lawyers and accountants then I’m for it. Like buying body armor and hollow points to match the drug gangs.
CarlitosPeligro
a year ago
Fair enough rattdog, glad you can see the right wing hustle at times. But this one fooled you, which is telling that their spin machine can mislead even more independent minded thinkers. Here's a good read why Republicans made the 87000 IRS Agents a big talking point - it's a tool for mobilizing their base and fund-raising. Why Republicans Keep Spreading the '87,000 IRS Agents' Lie [view link]
wld4tatas
a year ago
Everybody needs a firearm to protect their family, property, and selves against the idiot wanna be gangsters and thugs looking to express their hate on you.
dha
a year ago
To expand upon Papi's point, isn't a key reason for the existence of the 2nd Amendment to allow citizens to protect itself against a rogue government? Regarding arming IRS agents....I would imagine that some people don't take too kindly of an IRS agent coming to confront them snout their activities. Also, if the taxpayer is involved in illicit activities, it's possible they have armed guards protecting their property/
funonthaside
a year ago
Wonder if, along with free sneakers and cell phones, we can get free ammo.
dha
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion