Increase in wild animal sightings.

Sunday, June 4, 2023 9:34 AM
It seems a lot of rare wild animal sightings have been in the news recently. Bears are becoming common in NE Ohio and there’s been sporadic reports in many other parts of the state. The Michigan DNR confirmed a cougar sighting this week in the Upper Peninsula. Cougars were thought to have been killed off in Michigan in the early 1900’s. And there’s been anecdotal reports in other parts of the state including a trail cam sighting as far south as the Indiana border. And yesterday there was a confirmed wolverine sighting in the Sierra Mountains in California. Only the second time in 100 years. I find stuff like this interesting.

8 comments

Yeah I’m really into this stuff too actually. I know the gray wolf range is spreading in America, which is big trouble, they are too smart and too vicious, there’s a reason we killed them off in America back in the day. Also wild hogs are taking over Texas and the South we cannot kill them fast enough. https://nypost.com/2023/03/16/houston-areas-feral-hogs-exploding-in-numbers-creating-a-constant-struggle-for-residents/amp/ Some good news is you see whales and dolphins in the New York Harbour now for the first time decades some pretty cool https://nypost.com/2022/07/20/humpback-whales-staying-in-nyc-waters-longer-study-shows/amp/ Motörhead you listen Joe Rogan at all? He loves this topic.
Muddy
a year ago
No, I’ve only seen a few snippets of Rogan on YouTube
motorhead
a year ago
What? I saw 3 cougars sitting at the bar at the Mexican restaurant I visited last night!!!
shailynn
a year ago
There also daily cougar sightings in Burlington, NJ. And you certainly DON'T want them getting their claws into you.
funonthaside
a year ago
Muddy, tye gray wolf was introduced back into the western mountain ranges for environmental reasons. It’s one of the reasons why Yellowstone habitat has come back to its natural state because they control the deer population. Deer used to trample the stream beds and cause erosion to deteriorate the landscape, and now the habitat looks like it did 100 years ago in move tye grey wolf came back. They’re awful for ranchers, and it is illegal to shoot the wolves even if they’re killing your livestock. The reintroduction across the western high lands come as a cost to the ranchers, but the habitat is more in balance. Those fuckers are bad ass!
Mate27
a year ago
So save the habitat, and put the ranchers into financial strain? Damn environmentalists ....caring more about animals and plants, than humans.
funonthaside
a year ago
Damn straight Mate Ape. Tell it like it is to damn dirty apes like funonthaside. I mean really…how damn many hairless apes do we need in the world? Way fewer than we have. My brother from a hairless ape mother - the dugan - is okay, so his existence is justified. Mate and Shailynn seem like good apes, so I’ll give ‘em a pass. And the hot and sexy females are great. But face it…99% of y’all are superfluous. Only reason you guys have managed your takeover is your damn opposable thumbs. But we’re catchin’ up. Whatcha gonna do when a lion wearin’ a frickin’ suit points an AK atcha? ROAR!!!
rickthelion
a year ago
^another consequence of wolf reintroduction? Beaver! Now that there are adequate stands of trees along the meadows the beaver dams are starting to increase and beaver are multiplying. Now who doesn’t like themselves some good beaver??!! Rick the Lion, how many conquests of the beaver have you thought back fondly about? These are fury beavers!
Mate27
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion