Mammas don’t let you babies grow up to be cops

Thursday, June 8, 2023 4:20 PM
[view link] You got to be crazy to want to be a cop now. Fuck the people of San Berdoo - let them fend for themselves.

16 comments

I know it’s crazy this way more common than people think. Particularly in fucked up cities. The term is Bronx juries, juries that refuse to convict. Criminal is innocent no matter what.
Muddy
a year ago
“Our murder rate is through the roof. What happened???”
Studme53
a year ago
This is how democracy dies, not with a bang or in darkness, but woke and with a whimper. (I know we are a Republic, not a democracy, but allow me some artistic license.)
gammanu95
a year ago
Jury nullification is actually a class in some law schools.
skibum609
a year ago
The back up cops that arrived at the scene later are at fault. They should have unloaded on the POS. Hard.
motorhead
a year ago
Anybody know the background story on this? Were the cop's actions justified? The linked story was kinda light on details.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
California law has always made it really clear that once a person who was a legitimate threat runs away there is no legitimate claim to self defense. The key word in the article was "schizophrenia". The jury must have decided they found the defense's claim of mental illness credible. California law is also very clear that murder must show "malice aforethought". There has to be some level of pre-meditation to it. That's going to be the combination of angles used.
Sgtsnowman
a year ago
I've always hated that "not guilty by reason of " whatever mental illness. They're guilty *because* of the mental illness. It's fine for the *consequences* to be different, but the guilt is the same.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
From other articles I read, it doesn’t seem his “mental illness” was a factor at all. The defense attorney argued the policewoman did not have probable cause to pat him down so any “self defense” on his part was justified
motorhead
a year ago
Mental illness was NOT a factor *need an edit feature please
motorhead
a year ago
Police Radio: “Officer Stud, go to 1234 Main Street. A mother needs help with her mentally disturbed son violently threatening her and others” Officer Stud: “Roger! I will cautiously drive there, strictly obeying the speed limits and coming to a full stop at controlled intersections and only continuing when I’m 100% sure it’s safe! ETA 45 minutes.”
Studme53
a year ago
@motorhead "Young had been experiencing 'mental health issues' and it was his mother who had called the police on him, asking them to remove him from the home. " there's your reason to not only "pat him down", but detain him. Regardless of anything: he attacked her, took her weapon, and shot at her while she was running away. Clearly guilty. Civilian juries do not work in a woke society. Fuck California. Stories like this would destroy a Newsom candidacy- most Americans do not want this.
gammanu95
a year ago
Sorry but the fucking asshole who should have been given 20 years was not mentally ill at all under any definition recognized in any legitimate judicial system. In order to be not guilty, one must be not guilty by reason of insanity, not schizophrenia and the standard is whether or not they were capable of recognizing that their conduct was wrong, not that they had trouble conforming to the law. I don't believe he was schizo, because mental illness is now used to refer to drug addicts in some communities.
skibum609
a year ago
Squad Sergeant: “Be safe out there. You know what I mean.”
Studme53
a year ago
Probable cause AND shooting her in the back? Yeah, not sure what the jury was thinking there.
georgmicrodong
a year ago
San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputy.. These the same guys who are routinely seizing armored cars collecting cash from MJ shops?
bkkruined
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion