Dancer Alert: New Source of Whales?

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 9:40 PM
Forget high tech Silicone Valley tech nerds. Oilmen. Walk Street Quants. Even your neighborhood drug dealer. There’s a new high income profession who could splurge their new found wealth on strippers. Airline pilot salaries are soaring high. Salaries are expected to increase by 40% over the next two years. Some experienced pilots could earn as much as $700,000 (twice the TUSCL average!) Given the fact this could cost United Airlines $8 billion in additional salary, this will be bad for travelers. Good for strippers. Bad for passengers.

10 comments

Pilots have been making good money for a while now, most guys making 500k have money they could spend on strippers if they wanted. That extra 200k isn't gonna be the magic bullet that sends them all into the waiting arms of strippers. At least I hope not. I'm not gonna get a 40% increase in the next 2 years, so I can't keep up.
Dolfan
a year ago
Diesel and jet fuel has dropped by 50% since summer of ‘22. The drop in fuel price is the biggest reason why there has been a reprieve in the escalating flight prices this spring. I wish I would have waited before buying my tickets in February. I’ve noticed a couple drug dealers dropping stacks on the stage and going to vip. Seen that twice this past month. Used to find a doctor (or nurse) go to the Hiliter in his scrubs when I was there. Not sure if he still does that because I stopped frequenting that place.
Mate27
a year ago
Well nowhere near that $700K mark, but a friend of mine is a VP at a prominent NYC hospital. They are short of nurses and offering $80,000 signing bonuses for RNs.
misterorange
a year ago
mh; Curious where you got those figures from ?
minnow
a year ago
Only problem is pilots have to keep a low profile in these days with everyone with a camera. I stay at a lotof airport hotels but rarely run into someone who will admit to being a pilot. Flight attendants will party with you though.
mike710
a year ago
Huh. My neighbor is a pilot and barely clears 100k. He doesn't have seniority yet though. I'm sure there's some fucker out there making 700k though. Why not. But this discussion misses one key point about pilots: they are surrounded by women who want to fuck them. Stewardesses are a freewheeling bunch by nature, and away from home and significant others on the regular. They avoid fucking the passengers. The male stewards are 99.99% gay. Also, the pilots have a great deal of authority over the stewardesses, and that turns many of them on. So all that fuck energy gets directed at the pilots. The airlines put them all up at the same hotels, and if there is a free night, there is a lot of partying. My neighbor's wife is a stewardess, she fucked her pilot (my neighbor)... one divorce and one kid later he is her husband. She knows what goes on out there, and keeps super tight wraps on him when he travels. I bet they don't go to strippers much at all.
drewcareypnw
a year ago
Whales talking to one another, First whale: it's great to be a whale, it's so much fun Second whale: It's lots of fun I especially love smashing the boats First whale; True it is fun , but I hate when the seamen get in my mouth !!
twentyfive
a year ago
Everyone thinks pilots have awesome lives. I know one that flys the same miserable route twice a day, PHX to El Paso in a little puddle jumper. Sometimes he gets put on a different route but he’s usually on that one. He doesn’t make six figures, and he had a ton of hours in the military before this job (in his 40s now). If I was a single guy and could have any realist job I’d be a traveling by medical professional, like a traveling radiologist for example. Great pay and different places to work.
shailynn
a year ago
Pilots get all the sex they want on the job from the stewardesses. That's why where they work on the plane is called the "cockpit." No need for strip clubs.
WiseToo
a year ago
As a retired 42 year veteran in flight operations for a major air lines I can say what was true 40 years ago does not apply today. Like everyone else these days pilots go through diversity training and things have changed. plus you've got 60+ YO flight attendants working now with grand kids .
shadowcat
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion