Ideas for Lyon strip clubs

Wednesday, July 5, 2023 3:46 PM
So this rick will soon be off to France for a vacation and a bit of work. Have any of you weirdos been to Lyon and, if so, do you have experience with strip clubs? A quick google search brought up a few clubs, including one called Bus Paradise(?!) I know, Bus Paradise sounds kind of weird but whatever. Although I’m planning some vacation travel around the south of France I have constraints on my time while outside of Lyon, so I probably will be limited to Lyon for the clubbing (though I have considered fitting in a day trip to Geneva, not sure yet) And yes, I know…lion/Lyon seems too on the frickin’ nose. So I’ll leave you with two statements. First, I’m not making up an elaborate lion/Lyon joke. I don’t have time/energy for that. So if you know anything about Lyon I’d genuinely appreciate feedback. Second, the etymology of Lyon doesn’t even trace back to lions, so the Lyon trip isn’t really that on the nose!

7 comments

Hope the riots are done by the time you go. No experience with clubs in Lyon - I've only been to a couple of clubs in Paris. Switzerland is generally a lot more permissive so I'd suggest the side trip to Geneva.
caseyx
10 months ago
I've only been to Paris clubs...primarily to confirm the stereotype that French strip clubs are a bad idea. As my suspicion was confirmed, I would seek out other forms of adult entertainment while in Lyon. Besides, I suspect you won't find many/any French strippers in Lyon, anyway. They are likely Eastern European. General consensus is that European strip clubs are a waste of time, and even an outright ROB.
funonthaside
10 months ago
Check the ISG site Rick. There is probably some good intel there. Will you be able to get to Germany?
londonguy
10 months ago
Hey Rick, I was an exchange student in Lyon back in the late 70s, and it's a fantastic city that you'll enjoy whether you try out a club or not--especially if you're a history buff. Definitely take the tour of Vieux Lyon, which is the old, medieval section of the city that is amazingly well preserved (and has spectacular traditional Lyon restaurants called "bouchons" as well). OK, enough of the Michelin Guide! I go there a couple of times a year on business and went to Bus Paradise before the pandemic. It was small (literally inside the shell of an old diner-style building that looks like a bus) but quite nice inside and packed with some of the hottest talent I've seen anywhere in the world. I ended up spending way too much money (~$1,400 or so as I recall--I think it was €500/hr for the champagne room) to cuddle up with a stunning French girl for a couple of hours. Full two-way contact but no extras. I certainly wouldn't make a habit of the experience since it was quite pricey compared to the U.S. equivalent (and you could enjoy checking out the talent more cost-efficiently than I did and still have an excellent time), but chatting up a gorgeous naked French babe on my lap in her native language (I'm fluent in French) was worth the one-shot deal to me. Bonne chance mon ami!
himalayabound
10 months ago
Ok...so I was wrong about the lack of French babes at the Lyon clubs. Seems more purist than Paris clubs, which have been infiltrated by Eastern Europeans. Lyon is still quite expensive, though, but I can see the novelty of being with a French girl.
funonthaside
10 months ago
The Michelin guide is appreciated himalayabound. Vieux Lyon is definitely on the list. Overall, I’m looking forward to lots of good food and wine and general sightseeing during the vacation portion of the trip. I was definitely expecting the costs would be high relative to the good ol’ USA, so I’m disappointed but not surprisised. I will report back to the rest of the perverts on the site about what happens when I don the stylin’ rick suit and see some French strippers. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
10 months ago
What’s the difference between a French stripper and Amoxicillin? Amoxicillin works
motorhead
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion