Whales/Ballers giving dancers jaded expectations

Saturday, July 8, 2023 4:00 AM
Was sitting with a girl last night and she commented that guys have been cheap lately and only buying 2-3 VIP dances at a time, which in this spot are $40-45 per dance. The most dances I've done in one night were 5. I think at times these girls set their expectations on the "make it rain" crowd who tip 50-100 at the stage and the whales who may spend $300 and up on any given night. For some guys tipping you $10 at the stage is all the rush they need and for others, they can't leave the club without getting some dances in the back. Either way, each PL has a different budget and some can't justify throwing away money at girls you more than likely will not score with.

39 comments

Waaaa....freakin' crybaby strippers, whining about "only" making $120 for 12 minutes of work with one guy. I'm not sure this is about whales/ballers as much as it is about girls thinking guys should be tossing bills at them for nothing in return. Girls who hustle make good money. But, girls who go into shifts with entitled attitudes make (and should make) less money.
funonthaside
10 months ago
...and the fact that your girl complained and called guys cheap to you for them "only" getting 2-3 dances should have been enough to cause you to say "thanks for the chat, honey; I'm going to get with someone else". We go to clubs to have fun, not to hear about their woes.
funonthaside
10 months ago
When a stripper is complaining like a bitch that's ur cue to leave her ass. Before I tolerated a hot bitchy whore, but now I want that slut to treat me like royalty. I dont even tip anymore
Careless_kevin4405
10 months ago
I get the impression that many dancers assume the only reason a customer would say no to them, or cut the dances short, is because they are cheap. I can think of other reasons.
mark94
10 months ago
I think many strippers believe the hype club management feeds them about all the $$$ they can earn. Then reality sets in and strippers think there is something wrong with the customer for not throwing money at them as they walk by.
WiseToo
10 months ago
Makes me wonder too if the rise of onlyfans and Twitter influencers like Olivia Dunne who makes millions just for bikini pics has led dancers to believe they expect cash for doing nothing other than looking pretty
motorhead
10 months ago
Maybe they don’t own a mirror.
mark94
10 months ago
A dancer once told me that she gets $200 for pussy pics on OnlyFans. No wonder these girls have an inflated view of their worth.
funonthaside
10 months ago
Newsflash, no stripper makes money on OnlyFans in the long term. The truth is, most dancers in the US have lofty expectations but can’t hustle, can’t finesse, can’t carry a conversation, are devoid of charisma and/or aren’t very attractive in general. A very small percentage of dancers can actually become long term earners in this business, make a substantial amount of money before they get beat up emotionally and psychologically. It’s a churn em and burn em business. And in 20 years, I only knew one dancer who became a millionaire doing this before she quit for good. She was extremely hot, extremely shrewd and had incredible intangibles (mental fortitude, high iq, and above average social skills).
SquareCastle
10 months ago
I had a regular ask me to tip her after having a 3 min convo with me. I spend my money when I am ready to and usually am unwilling to when a dancer asks me too.
booty_lover92
10 months ago
^ it was nice of you to not slap her in the face for telling you to tip her. Hopefully you dont spend another dime on her. At 40 bucks a dance, the other broad is lucky she's selling any. If I'm spending 120 on some broad she better be sucking my dick. 40 bucks a song just to put my hands on her boobs? No way.
mickey48066
10 months ago
If they are telling you that other guys are paying them more money than you are, those aren’t jaded expectations or them thinking they are worth more than they are. That’s the market. Pay what you want but it’s ignorant to conclude that they are wrong. A baby stripper spends more time in the club in a month than you do in a year. They most definitely have a better sense of the market than you do. And we’ve dispelled the whole “she makes $120 for 12 minutes of work” idiocy here many times before. The unit of measure of work isn’t measured in minutes. It’s measured in shifts. Walking the floor, sitting at the table, stage dances, etc. are all “work.” They get paid to sell dances but that’s not the whole job and you know it.
Hank Moody
10 months ago
^^^ If that were true, they'd get paid by the shift.
ww
10 months ago
It’s the victim culture that has been cultivated by lamestream media over the years, indoctrinating people it’s acceptable to complain yiur way into getting what you want. Strippers hope it works on you to open your wallet.
Mate27
10 months ago
In my opinion, most successful dancers are attractive, personable, confident, have good social skills, and hustle. That why I think the best strippers could be successful in any type of sales job. Unfortunately, that’s only about 10% of the dancers at most clubs. At the high end clubs, it might be more like 80%.
mark94
10 months ago
Hank, OP's post referenced the dancer's complaint that guys were only getting 2-3 dances, not that other guys were getting more dances / spending more money than OP. It's about entitlement mentality of some dancers. The takeaway, for me anyway, is that she looks down her nose at "only $120", rather than appreciating that she made $120. Regarding the comment of dead time taking away from making $120 for 12 minutes of work....even if that's the only money she makes that hour, it's $120/hour, which exceeds hourly rate of many degreed experienced professionals. Even at only 20 hours per week, that's great money for a job which can be worked as a side hustle. And, if she's not getting tipped for stage dances, that's on her for not being enticing enough to pull tips from guys when she's on stage. I understand that some/many guys tip nothing or very little for stage time. However, I reward girls that do good stage sets. Even mediocre sets get a few dollars from me per set. Regarding sitting with customers....I understand that it's sometimes necessary to sit with customers to engage them to spend money, without immediate payment. However, it's up to her to approach/engage customers in a fast enough manner in order to turn that marketing time into payment, or moving on. If she can't turn a touchpoint into cash, that's on her. I've gotten dances from girls whom I initially wasn't interested in, merely because they had adequate hustle to entice me to get some LDs with them, and some of those girls ended up being regulars of mine. Bottom line.....girls who hustle can do very well. Girls who operate with a sense of entitlement make less, as guys tire of the "woe is me" mentality. Ultimately, the best girls will make above-average money merely by doing their jobs well...without having to ask. While I admittedly frequent places with LD prices on the lower end, I ultimately spend more on my regular girls than the market rate at those clubs. I recently had a girl get annoyed because I got only 2 dances with her, citing "I took off my shoes for only $xx?". I even paid slightly more than the base rate for those dances, and would have stopped after only 1 had I not wanted to give her a chance to improve her dance, as she was terrible.
funonthaside
10 months ago
^Exactly, I am more willing to give into a girl who can pretend that she is in to me at the very least. Most of the younger girls can’t fake this because they don’t believe they have to. Sell the fantasy to me I know it is all fake and for money but pretend I’m the hottest guy in the room and I’ll spend like crazy.
booty_lover92
10 months ago
^100%, bootylover It's interesting seeing/hearing reactions/looks of confusion when a younger girl sees me dancing with dancers in their 30s/40s, then I turn her down for a dance. Over the years, I've listened to younger girls criticize older girls in the clubs, yet the older girls jumped from guy to guy as the younger girls went unclaimed. The game is only partially about appearance. It's more about hustle and game.
funonthaside
10 months ago
I DGAF about so-called "entitlement mentality". If a dancer complained to me that nobody was buying enough dances I'd write her off as a boring person with poor people skills that I'm not interested in spending time with, unless her point is that she's having a slow shift and she'll make it worth my while--in concrete terms--if I spring for a couple dances. What I'm outraged about is the dancer who complained to funonthaside about taking her shoes off for two dances, because I also DGAF if the shoes come off or stay on..
Manuellabore
10 months ago
A strip club is the ultimate free market. The girls work 100% on commission. If you don’t like a girl complaining to you or what she charges, send her on her on her way. But if she’s telling you she usually makes more than what you’re spending and it’s not worth it to take off her shoes for $100, that’s her call. She’s the one who has to live on what she earns. When girls will pay us for taking off our clothes that’s when we get to tell them what it costs.
Hank Moody
10 months ago
@Hank, with all due respect, I’m going to have to disagree with you regarding “baby strippers know more about the market” than your regular SC patron. That’s just not true and it’s a bit of a misguided assumption. Antithetically, I’d say they know absolutely nothing about the market which is why many struggle to earn money consistently and drop out of the business completely in under 12-15 months. I’m acquainted with a SC owner in Portland and he mentioned that the problem with most young dancers today are their sense of entitlement, lack of life experience in general, and complete lack of business acumen - which translates to inconsistent and unrealized earning potential. A Japanese whale dropping 10 grand on a girl in one night is not common, nor is it indicative of the larger market in general. There are too many shifting variables in this business that make it hard for even experienced dancers to predict. When dancers don’t earn, they get desperate and that usually manifests itself in the form of harboring resentments towards patrons who want to spend their money on dancers who treat them with some semblance of respect/decency.
SquareCastle
10 months ago
There was one time when I was joined by a baby dancer at the Foxy Lady and she immediately started complaining about cheap customers. The not-subtle implication being "You'd better not be one of those guys." Once she paused, I told her as politely as I could that guys don't drive all the way to the strip club thinking "I hope I get to sit down with a sexy woman and listen to her complain about the guys who came [lol] before me." I explained that if she wanted to make more money, then make the experience all about the guy she's with at that moment. Nobody is inspired to tip more via shame. And if they do anyway, good luck getting them to see you twice. Considering that I'm a customer telling her how to do her job, she took it well, changed the topic, and she turned out to be a lot of fun. A few weeks later she thanked me for that advice, which I thought was nice. I think it's bad form for dancers to complain to me about other customers. Just like I think it's bitchy for customers to complain about dancers to other dancers. It's a perfectly fine thing to do, though, in the dressing room and other forums away from the club. But, with regards to what they charge or expect, it's none of my business. If they're charging more than I want to pay, then I find another dancer. That's why there's more than one dancer.
Call.Me.Ishmael
10 months ago
That’s fine. If they don’t make money they will stop dancing. Free market will see to that. My point is that telling a dancer that she’s doing her job wrong is wasted breath. As is coming on here and crying about it. She already knows when she doesn’t make a sale. It’s immediate financial feedback. She’ll either fix it, find someone else to pay her or fail to pay rent. Most regular customers spend a few hours a week in the club. Most dancers spend 10x that. They will learn very quickly what works for them. Vote with your wallet. They do.
Hank Moody
10 months ago
I was responding to Square and Ish ninja’ed me, but I guess my post could have been responding to him too. We’re in agreement that telling a dancer how to do her job isn’t the typical way to do it, but sometimes it could work.
Hank Moody
10 months ago
As I think more about this topic, perhaps I appreciate girls being so vocal about their views on things, as it serves as an early warning indicator of potential mismatches. Examples: 1-I was working at another club, and there were girls doing things in the back rooms, so I stopped working there. 2-I heard some guys go commando...gross! 3-Do you see that guy over there grabbing that dancer's ass? I can't believe she allows that. 4-I only work day shifts here, as the nighttime girls go up to guys and grab their crotches.
funonthaside
10 months ago
Yep it’s the free market. If she asks too much for your taste, you say no. If enough guys agree with you and say no, she’ll re-price or have to get another job (eventually). Or else you need to try another girl or another club (or start reading “Streetwalker Reviews” haha). Sucks but welcome to reality. I try to calmly say “that’s more (or much more) than I usually pay, but if you get it then good for you. If you ever find yourself in my range (and here I lowball just a little, so I have room), hit me up.” They either fold like origami or we part friends (usually). So yes whales & simps can skew the market, but oh well there’s always options.
RiskA
10 months ago
Strippers charge exactly what they can get away with. Her error was in making you aware of her internal narrative, whether bc she got comfortable and slipped, or bc she thought that this was pulling some lever you have. It's 100% fantasy beyond the physical stuff, so of course she thinks that, and plenty more. I bet 99.99% of dancers are thinking like this. It serves your purpose though, bc you deduced that you should not spend money on her.
drewcareypnw
10 months ago
If the cashiers at McDonald's got 20 cents for every Big Mac they sold, they'd tell you eating Big Macs makes your dick grow longer. When people are selling, they say what the think sells. I she think she can make you feel cheap if you don't spend more with her, and that will make you spend more with her, she'll do it. Yup, it's the free market. The worst economic system, except for all the other ones the human race has tried.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
Boys boys. This thread is getting way too melodramatic. Freakin' crybaby strippers? Complaining like a bitch? Hot bitchy whore? She's lucky she didn't get slapped? Wow, there's way too much anger and bitterness being spent on girls in their underwear getting naked for money, lol. Act like you've been there before boys. You're dealing with girls whose best earning options are to take their clothes off for a living. You're inevitably going to run into a wide variety of personality types and interesting life views. Just remember that it's their workplace, but your playground. Do you see roosters getting worked up at every hen clucking loudly in the hen house? Of course not. He's way above that. Be the rooster boys.
rickdugan
10 months ago
If I spend less than $500 during a club visit, it's usually because it was a disappointing visit. So maybe that would make me a whale relative to many. I mean, sorry, I really just am that much of a dirty old man (with more money than sense I think). I'm not a great tipper. I would be very unlikely to tip if I was paying $30 or more per dance. I do try to tip every stage dancer at least $2 (unless a known ROB). If I'm interested in a dance, I wanna dance her within one minute of hello. Out of consideration for her as well as other customers, I encourage her to NOT sit with me unless there's no money to be made elsewhere. Unfortunately, there are many people who get a loser-ass power trip out of being obnoxious. Strip clubs seem to attract more than their fair share of these people as customers. It's a significant factor in why dancers hate having to grind out a decent shift by selling dances in ones and twos. Gotta role up on pretty much everyone, so you're going to deal with all the assholes. Unless they're self-hating, being dissed is not something anyone can get totally use to.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
Most women, strippers included, are boring and can't make conversation without playing themselves as victims. When a chick says guys are broke, I usually tell them he's probably looking for someone in particular, it just wasn't you. Some will stop & think about it, some won't.
bigman226
10 months ago
It´s a good thing none of us manly men here on TUSCL ever play ourselves as victims.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
$300 ain't no whale the f
blahblahblah23
10 months ago
Why do women strip ? Some have low self esteem. Daddy didn’t treat them right. Stripping makes them feel desirable and in control. I know that’s a stereotype, but stereotypes usually have some factual basis. Saying “no” to them threatens them at a deep, psychological level. So, they decide that anyone who rejects them is cheap because the other possibility, that they aren’t desirable, is too threatening.
mark94
10 months ago
Thank you Rick for reminding to always stay “above the fray”. Lol
SquareCastle
10 months ago
Square, check your pm’s.
Hank Moody
10 months ago
Honestly I think a lot of strip club rejection is based on you can't even pretend to not hate them anymore.
blahblahblah23
10 months ago
A lot of women are business women. They strip for a little extra $$$$
bang69
10 months ago
If only us tuscl PL's band together (merrily) we can suppress the market
Muddy
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion