Songs we'd like to hear.....

Saturday, July 8, 2023 4:31 PM
Having strip clubbed 5-7 days I heard a lot of stripper songs. That got me to thinking about songs I would like to hear, but never have. The first one was easy and popped into mind immediate: Queen, Fat Bottomed Girls". I know its too long, but most songs are so why have I never heard it? Seems like a natural. Honorable Mention: Joe Tex, I gotcha. What would you like to hear, should, but dont?

29 comments

More mo-town
drewcareypnw
10 months ago
Love Motown Not sure I've ever heard Motown played in a club if I did had to be 30 plus years ago
elmer
10 months ago
Scotty doesn’t know https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lcEkS9tcIjg&pp=ygUSc2NpdHR5IGRvZXNudCBrbm93 You Don’t Own Me by Leslie Gore. I’ve technically heard the remix rap version of the song. But the original would be nice. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRTCx_1Reec&pp=ygUReW91IGRvbid0IG93biBtZSA%3D Time of the Season by Zombies is pretty fitting what’s your name/who’s your daddy/is he rich like me https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzpPy9hJYA8&pp=ygUSdGltZSBvZiB0aGUgc2Vhc29u Death of A Strawberry by Dance Gavin Dance Wanna waste away my days with a pretty young thing/And blow through all my wealth/I made some mistakes, not so good with planning/But I got some skills in easy living/Cut my ties with desperation/and learned to live with a little sensation Hey/Just for the day we'll pretend I'm made of money/I'll be your sugar daddy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ID7btxevVKE&pp=ygUuZGFuY2UgZ2F2aW4gZGFuY2UgZGVhdGggb2YgYSBzdHJhd2JlcnJ5IGt5cmljcw%3D%3D Allstar by Smashmouth. I have no reasoning for this one, since the song has nothing to do with sex or anything. I think it would just be a fun song to play. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E&pp=ygUTQWxsIHN0YXIgc21hc2htb3V0aA%3D%3D
nicespice
10 months ago
a couple by Scuzz Twittly; Workin' the Pole and Party Like Charlie Sheen!
clubdude
10 months ago
Tom Sawyer- Rush Stranglehold- Ted Nugent Can't Say No - Lenny Kravitz Joy in Repetition, Private Joy - Prince In the Closet- MJ Any song by Sade
bigman226
10 months ago
I actually agree with Motown stuff. You never hear it now but it would be welcome where I’m at. Also more old school soul, r and b. I hate the current shit
Muddy
10 months ago
Of course American Pie by Don McLean, but only because it's 8+ minutes and I am paying per song.... Cold Hard Bitch by Jet because I like high energy dancers. Nickleback has several that seem appropriate (Let the flaming begin) - Next Contestant - Something In Your Mouth I was dating a dancer and one night when it was really slow, they played Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers Band. She got up on stage and did one of the most sensual, erotic dances I have ever seen. Of course she was high as a kite and probably pretty drunk too, so she was responding to how the music moved her, but I will never hear that song again without thinking about that.... Shit, now I need a tissue. lol.
DH721
10 months ago
What “we” want to hear and what is actually played is a chasm as deep as the Grand Canyon
motorhead
10 months ago
I have heard Allstar by Smashmouth in a strip club, FWIW. I used to have a favorite who would play that song for her first stage appearance.
DandyDan
10 months ago
Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On - by Jerry Lee Lewis Great song. The lyrics tell strippers what to do- Well, I said, shake, baby, shake I said, shake, baby, shake I said, shake it, baby, shake it I said, shake, baby, shake Come on over Whole lot of shakin goin' on Oh, let's go Shake, baby, shake All you gotta do honey is kinda stand in one spot Wiggle around just a little bit That's what you gotta do Yeah Oh, babe, whole lotta shakin' goin' on Now let's go one time … Shake it, baby, shake
WiseToo
10 months ago
I've been in clubs when the DJ occasionall goes old school on a slow day or evening. Sometimes it's the bomb (for me) and I'll get a reaction good or bad from an entertainer that leads to a humorous exchange. My favorite night was a string of Al Green songs, which put me in the right frame of mind (not so much the women) in that southern club. I tipped the DJ $20 directly on my way out the door. Gary (DJ) at Boardroom Cabaret is known to occasionally do a Don Henley, Steve Miller Band or Steve Winwood shout out! There may have been one time (at band camp) that one specific stoner chick embraced the moment and we both rock n' rolled with it! There might have been Don Henley's "Boys Of Summer" in that mix! I too would like to hear Don McLean's "American Pie" and would settle for the 4 minute version. To stay on the specific topic - Otis Redding "Try A little Tenderness", The Guess Who "American Woman", Pink Floyd "Money", and The Rolling Stones "Honky Tonk Woman". I have heard the Lenny Kravitz rendition of American Woman and both Etta James and Beyonce's take on "At Last".
rockie
10 months ago
1st lap dance I got - well, 2nd dance - 1st one I knew I could touch, was to a rockin version of 'Ring of Fire' by some female rocker. Would love to here that again.
gSteph
10 months ago
Agree on Fat Bottomed girls and Motown. I’d also like to hear Cochise by Audioslave just once during a stage dance.
Huntsman
10 months ago
I have heard Fat Bottomed Girls many times in strip clubs. There is a shortened version under four minutes. If you are going to go to strip clubs and complain they are not playing 1970's and 1980's music, you probably should not being going to strip clubs. All that stuff came out before any of the dancers were even born.
sinclair
10 months ago
Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. Played from start to finish a $20 dance would be great value.
londonguy
10 months ago
A lot of the younger dancers have grandparents and parents my age so a lot of them are very familiar with classic rock. The single best lap dance song I was ever lucky enough to get a dance to was "little wing" by Clapton, all 6:57 of it. To be fair I felt terrible that a dancer had to dance for almost 7 minutes for $6.00. Ahhh the good old days of the Inner Room cabaret.
skibum609
10 months ago
^ This rick could have solved the ol’ feeling terrible for making some poor dancer work for 7 minutes to get $6. You know how? You could have given her a frickin’ tip! Seriously Skifredo, you need to learn to be classy. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
10 months ago
I agree too on adding some Motown. Also, Stax. Good music doesn't stop being good music just because it's old.
docsavage
10 months ago
I wonder how well a club would do if it promoted an occasional "grown folks night" with music from the 50's, 60's and 70's? We might want to hear good music, but can strippers dance to it? "At Last" and "American Pie" are classics, but...
JayTeeDee
10 months ago
I like a lot of the “newish” female rockers, and would love to hear some of there stuff in the club. Halestorm - I Like It Heavy Grace Potter - Desire, Good Time Pretty Reckless - Take Me Down Dua Lipa - Thinkin About You (not a rocker, but hot) The Devil’s Daughters - These Boots Are Made for Walkin, (great cover) Mia Borders - Try Me On Joss Stone - Put Your Hands on Me And so many more. Love, love, love female vocals and sexy lyrics!
azdd
10 months ago
Gonna get trolled for this, but here goes: English club: Oxytocin and My Strange Addiction by Billie Eilish. Spanish Club: Any old DJ Blass songs, especially with Rey Pirin. Any Tokischa song.
Meykalon1
10 months ago
the only complimentary thing i can say about billie eyelash is she has a nice set of tits. musically she just fucking sucks.
rattdog
10 months ago
less rap trap crap PLEASE! and dj's... back the volume off a notch or two please. I've got fucking tendonitis now.
Jascoi
10 months ago
How about seeing some twerking done to Arabic belly dancing music?
shadowcat
10 months ago
Arabic belly dancing music?? Dementia?
elmer
10 months ago
We might want to hear good music, but can strippers dance to it? "At Last" and "American Pie" are classics, but...” — No, but how about Peggy Lee (Fever)? Almost anything by Zeppelin: Black Dog, Rock and Roll, When the Levee Breaks, Kashmir, D'yer Mak'er Slow Ride, Paranoid, La Grange, and if include the 80’s you’ve got many more You Shook me all night long, Leggs
motorhead
10 months ago
the only way that you're going to hear what you want to hear is give the dj $5-10 per song request. otherwise, unless there's that one rare dancer that likes some of the oldies mentioned above then just have to tolerate whatever music the dancers want to listen to.
rattdog
10 months ago
It used to be that you sometimes could find a dancer who was into classic rock (usually day shift) - or at least they said so because that’s what their Dad listened to (probably SS) But anymore it would have to be grandfathers of great-grandfathers. :)
motorhead
10 months ago
Last weekend a DJ played "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways (from 1976), and it really went over well. The dancer seemed to enjoy it. Maybe she had seen the movie. Pretty sure I've heard "Legs" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" at strip clubs. Would love to hear Motorhead!
JayTeeDee
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion