When the club life meets real life

Friday, July 14, 2023 7:28 AM
Couple of things lately brought this topic to mind. Recently, my friend had taken her young daughter to goodwill to try to piece together a costume for a play she's in. They were showing me their haul when suddenly the girl pulls out some bright red 6-inch heels and laughing about how impractical they are, but they couldn't resist buying them. Friends, these were stripper heels. They were oblivious and I let them stay that way. I was helping my sister look at cars to buy and I could not take this dealership seriously because they were playing that particular style of music that I associate only with clubs. It's that sort of sexy r&b with techno undertones. Like, who chose that music for this place of business and why was it so loud? And I'm like, damn, I got to get back to a club soon. Anyone else have a private chuckle when the club reaches out into your regular, boring life?

6 comments

Specific to TUSCL, every so often I encounter TUSCL acronyms in non-TUSCL settings. It's a little weird and often humorous.
Call.Me.Ishmael
10 months ago
One of my fav dancers from the local club came into my job with her bf and let me tell you she looked like a deer in the headlights when she saw me. The next time I saw her at the club I tipped her well and we laughed about it. Talk about when the club life meets real life!
PAWG_Patrol
10 months ago
I think, if you notice a big distinction, your non-club life must be pretty straight laced. I'm not sure there's even more dishonesty, manipulation and selfishness typically in stripper-PL relationships than in civvie relationships. I've known many individual strippers who had a lot of uniqueness and originality. But clubs are more likely to suppress this than encourage it. With rare exceptions, strip club management is to edgy eroticism what Denny's is to edgy cuisine. @PP sounds like you handle that well. I always follow her cues, as to whether we're going to act like we know each other, or act like complete strangers.
ilbbaicnl
10 months ago
I have to agree with Ishmael. I encounter TUSCL acronyms in non-TUSCL settings and have to remind myself that the TUSCL version is not the work appropriate version. I had the reverse happen. Once upon a time, long before really getting into TUSCL, I knew (better than acquaintance) this young woman, walked into the local club, and bam there she is on stage full naked. We were both quite surprised. Sadly or luckily nothing more came of it.
mjx01
10 months ago
I have run into dancers in public a number of times. It just reminds you that the world is a small place.
Lockjaw
10 months ago
Told this story here before but had my (at the time) fave come into the store I worked at, with her Mother and little brother who were visiting from overseas. She gave me the deer in headlights look but I acted like they were just regular customers and helped them pick out a gift for the brother. Got a gift of my own the next time I was at the club!
Eric_Murphy
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion